hopper

Scary situation in my town today

Got this on my local towns police dept FB page , i wasnt home when it went down and i dont have kids but im sure proud of the response by my PD ......With all the nut jobs out there its ashame but this is how things like this have to be handled , way to go WTPD !!!....................................................... " Waterford Police Department wanted to inform the residents of Waterford Township, about the school lockdown today. During recess students at Waterford School reported they saw a man dressed in black along the wood line carrying something. ... At this time the school was put into a lockdown and police departments from Waterford Township Police Department (NJ), Berlin Police Department, Chesilhurst Police, and the State Police responded to the area. After setting a perimeter around the school, and the wooded area, police requested the NJ State Police Helicopter. While searching the ground from the air, the helicopter crew located a male fitting that description in the woods. The 16 year old male was taken into custody and later released, to a parent. No criminal charges are being filed at this time"

Yeah, I don't understand this. A man dressed I'm black carrying something near a school?

Remind me not to walk.near any schools carrying something. I have better things to do than speak with police all.afternoon because someone is paranoid.

]

The guy was dressed in black, no mention of the race of the guy. It's not an issue what race he is, the issue is what he was carrying . I don't know what or who he is but, I think we should wait and find before information before we send the posse out.

Yeah, I don't understand this. A man dressed I'm black carrying something near a school?

Remind me not to walk.near any schools carrying something. I have better things to do than speak with police all.afternoon because someone is paranoid.

]

The guy was dressed in black, no mention of the race of the guy. It's not an issue what race he is, the issue is what he was carrying . I don't know what or who he is but, I think we should wait and find before information before we send the posse out.

Sorry, it was supposed to be "in black" not "I'm black". Didn't catch my phones autocorrect.

Carrying something? how scary....

Near a school carrying..................Books?

If hunter education classes and shooting sports were part of the after school curiculum maybe everyone wouldn't be so paranoid. Besides not all kids are football/baseball/soccer/etc players, but anybody can learn to shoot.

Aren't the school doors locked anyhow?

Yeah, I don't understand this. A man dressed in black carrying something near a school?

Search for Rochester Umbrella scare. :facepalm:

Way to much over reaction.

• Like 1

If they over-react people ask why. If they do nothing and something did happen people would be crucifying them. So people need to make their minds up so police can act according to what the populous wants as opposed to doing what is right. Geez..no win here

• Like 3

Person dressed all in black , in the woods by the school fenceline possibly carrying something the kids thought wasnt right , seeems kind of strange that after all the school shootings you guys dont see the possible danger , what if it was a nutjob looking to pull a columbine or some predator looking to kidnap a kid , im sure if it was a school maybe your kids went to you would see it different !!

• Like 1

Person dressed all in black , in the woods by the school fenceline possibly carrying something the kids thought wasnt right , seeems kind of strange that after all the school shootings you guys dont see the possible danger , what if it was a nutjob looking to pull a columbine or some predator looking to kidnap a kid , im sure if it was a school maybe your kids went to you would see it different !!

Or what if its a kid walking with a softball / baseball bat. It's all overreacting. Yeah if something happens people will go all ape s?#t. But that's what society has turned into a bunch of wimps.

Only way to be perfectly safe is to be dead.

You need to live life not be afraid of it.

• Like 1