BNJGF

Looking for M&P22 12 round magazines

I purchased a few directly from S&W recently... Kind of pricy though! IIRC, I paid about $75 for 3 mags. I think that Natchez also had some in stock in the last couple of weeks, you might want to check on their site too.

Thanks Tony. S&W lists the magazines for $32 each. Natchez only has the 10 round version and sells them for $27.49.

No problem... OK, yeah the $32 per mag sounds about right... my brain is foggy this morning and I got the mags more than a couple of months ago. I had bought 2 mags... not 3 and it was around $70 (mags + shipping).

Natchez DID have the 12 rounders in stock just in the last couple of weeks, for under $30... and I know because I had signed up to get an email notification once they had them in stock. Since a lot of people are looking for them, I imagine they must of sold them all pretty quickly.

I got mine from S&W. Yup, $32 each. Figured I could spend a few weeks looking for cheaper, but it was worth more to me to have them in hand immediately.

It sure is nice going through 3 mags in a rapid fire, compared to 1

I'm used to paying about 30 bucks for mags, so that price seems fine to me... when i got my the magpul mags for the AR i went a little overboard being they were around 20 bucks a pop. But px4 mags are about 35 bucks a pop on sale, and 1911 CM mags are about $30. one thing i rarely check is how much mags cost before buying a gun.

OK, i am thinking about getting a S&W MP22 as my "other P2P" gun (first is reserved for the elusive CZ 75B Stainless) since its full sized and something the wife would be able to shoot. Shel likes the full size feature and the lack of recoil is good for her..

Just curious about 3 things..

1. What should do I do with it as soon as I get it? (and I don't mean "take it to the range"). Should it be cleaned and oiled? it is OK right out of the box? What would you good folks suggest?

2. What are some easy mods I can make to it that would make it even better to shoot? (different springs, triggers, sights, etc). Just wondering what anyone else has done..

3. What ammo is everyone using for this gun? (i know CCI Mini Mag HV are the obvious choice, but are others using some other brand/variety without any failures?)

Last thing I want is for the wife to shoot it and get a FTF or FTE.. She's in the "i want to pick it up and go bang without issue" camp.. Anyone have thoughts on these?

First thing you do when you take it home is field strip it and clean it really well. Then oil/lube all the parts with your favorite gun oil (my fav is M-pro 7) and you're good to go. I'm not aware of any mods for the M&P22... But it shoots great, so I haven't had a need to mod it. The trigger will smooth out and lighten up a bit as you use it more and more... so just keep giving it good "workouts" at the range and it'll be good to go.

I've used CCI Mini-Mag's and Federal Champion bulk pack ammo and haven't had any issues at all.

Edit: I did forget one thing... My sights were off just a tiny bit when I first got it... so I had to adjust them using a pistol bench rest and finally got it shooting dead on. I don't know if that's an issue with most of them when new... but it was very easy to adjust the sights, as the little allen keys you need come in the box with the pistol.