gunguynj

typical shot spread out of a .223 rifle @ 100 yards

So its a funny thing. I pretty much zero the scope with one of the federal match bullets then proceed to shoot usually a fairly large spread ( within an inch to an inch and a half of each other) @ 100 yards. Im shooting a tikka T3 in .223 with a buckmaster 6-18x40 scope. i was trying to play battleship with a buddy and it was getting painful after neither of us could really make the match competitive in under an hour and 50 bullets!

Is that the norm or are all your shots dead on all the time with a similar rifle? I have tried different ammo but the results arent all that different.

Alright imma throw it out there...pinterest? :facepalm:

Pinterest is another site to share to much personal info with the web! If you are interested in something, you "pin" it to your wall, so everyone can see it. Also gives tons of free advertising to big companies. Usually links to a Facebook page also.

What's the twist rate of your rifle? Is 55gr the best choice for it?

You bought 1k of 55gr Federal Gold Match?

Not for nothin`, but it is always good to find an ammo your rifle performs best with, first, then buy the case... Supposed to be decent ammo though! You can get dime groups out of that gun with factory (match) ammo. You may also want to make sure it's not you or your friend, and maybe have a pro shoot it...

OK, sounds like a capable rifle and 55gr should shoot groups(don't say spread) the size of a quarter at 100yds or no greater than an inch.

If you want to work on it meet me at the range and I'll bring sand bags and we'll see if it's you or the rifle.