Mikeythumbs

Glock 34/35 or xdm comp 5.25

I am thinking of getting a 9 or a 40 and I want to use it for uspsa steel and just general shooting. I want to know people's opinions of the glock and the xdm. I am leaning towards the nine and know either one I get will have to have the mags pinned. So here I my other question how much does it cost to get mags pinned and what dealers can do it. Also what might be a good price for the glock I know about how much I can get the xdm for.

Thanks in advance

Mikeythumbs

I am thinking of getting a 9 or a 40 and I want to use it for uspsa steel and just general shooting. I want to know people's opinions of the glock and the xdm. I am leaning towards the nine and know either one I get will have to have the mags pinned. So here I my other question how much does it cost to get mags pinned and what dealers can do it. Also what might be a good price for the glock I know about how much I can get the xdm for.

Thanks in advance

Mikeythumbs

I'd say when it's all said and done you will want a 9mm for steel and a .40S&W for USPSA. Single stack down the road one in 9mm and another in .45ACP. So you want to talk wheel and open guns next?? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the XDM. It has a decent trigger, but also has a ridiculously high bore axis. This increases felt recoil and makes followup shots slower. Also, you need to send them back to the factory for repairs. There are a ton of Glock gunsmiths out there. I know some folks love their XDs. They are just not for me.

I'd say when it's all said and done you will want a 9mm for steel and a .40S&W for USPSA. Single stack down the road one in 9mm and another in .45ACP. So you want to talk wheel and open guns next?? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a .45 Springfield for single stack in uspsa it is just she a hungry monster and not cheap to feed. I am not going to stop shooting SS but would like to do other divisions. I also do t hand load do I am shooting 230 hardball which is slowing down my speed a little in steel I think the pf is at like 195

Any memebers of CJRPC have a 34/35 i could try out ill pay for ammo i could also guest you on if you live in the area.

I have both, the G 34 and 35. If you would like to meet me at Cherry Ridge, RTSP, or even (gasp) The Bullethole, I would be happy to let you try therm.

Not a fan of the XDM. It has a decent trigger, but also has a ridiculously high bore axis. This increases felt recoil and makes followup shots slower. Also, you need to send them back to the factory for repairs. There are a ton of Glock gunsmiths out there. I know some folks love their XDs. They are just not for me.

+1. I recently had the opportunity to put a few rounds through an XDM45. It shot nicer than the XD45 Tactical I briefly owned. I've put a few rounds through an XDM40 as well. In all cases, for slow fire, it's ok, but for me, the high bore axis inhibited quick follow up on the next shot. I prefer Glocks in this regard. For me, the attributes of the Glock outweigh any XD pistol I've fired.

Definitely a vote for the Glock. A no brainer in my opinion, as the XD series are junk.

I have a Glock 34 Gen 4 myself, but why do you feel the XDs are junk?

I've shot a few and they've all seemed very high quality and great shooters

to me. I think they're every bit as good as a Glock and it really just

comes down to a matter of preference.

Personally the higher bore axis was not something that I noticed.

Definitely a vote for the Glock. A no brainer in my opinion, as the XD series are junk.

I wouldn't call the XD's junk. Not my favorite pistol, but I've shot worse. I love my Glocks, but I also understand they aren't for everybody either.

Kind of harsh calling the XDM 's "junk". Ive had mine for about a year now and have run probably upwards of 2k rounds of varied. 40 ammo through it without a problem. Its a highly accurate shooter and a comfortable firearm to handle or even CCW. I'm not a competition shooter (yet) so I cant speak to the issues extant from that perspective. But if one is looking for a solidly -built and reliable autoloader, they could do far worse than an XDM.

Glock 35 lets you shoot production with downloaded ammo or major for limited or limited 10. Most versatile gun to buy IMHO. Just change the sights and do a trigger job and you can win the nationals with it! OK maybe a guide rod and spring as well.

And then just get a 2011. =)

Actually I am in the same boat... considering a G17 or 34.... for production.

The XDm are actually pretty nice guns. With some work, really nice triggers. Other alternatives... CZ 75.

Yeah I need to find a cz to shoot I have head good things about them also oh we'll just have to hit powerball tonigt and buy a house in a state Incan go buy all 5 pistols at the same time and a few more 1911's les Baer Wilson Cabot I would only spen sy 30000 to 40000 the first month then I could get selective :)

Mike,

you can try my g17. Frame is the same as the g34. The g34 has a longer slide with a cut out to lighten te slide up a little. Let me know if you want to try it out.

Also, I know somebody that has a relatively new xd 5.25 that has less than 500 rounds through it. If you wanna go that route.

I was an XD fan and always had a chip on my should about glocks due to the grip angle. Well these gen4 glocks really turned me around. I picked up a gen 4 34 and my xd 4" 9mm just sits in the safe looking lonely. The higher bore axis on the XD never really bugged me still I shot the glock. Now whenever I go back to the XD is just feels to snappy. I am a bit far but if you are ever near by Bob's let me know and you can take the 34 for a test run.