LibertyOrDeath

Whats in your Bug*Out*Bag (B*B)

Tactical Vests just invite unwanted attention. As do plate carriers with gear hanging all over the place.

Soft body armor under some layers of UA, a good Columbia / Northface jacket with spacious interior / exterior pockets will keep you off the radar. An oversized computer / messenger bag with a decent sized backpack won't raise many eyebrows. Think Eddie Bauer / Lands End as well. The Cape Cod / Duck Hunter look goes more unnoticed then the all black / all camo mall ninja. Keep the cammies in the bag until needed.

Oh yea, quality footwear. Not the cheap stuff. Your feet are one of your most important assets.

"Footwear" !!! Yes, that was something mentioned elsewhere. A good comment was, to break them in a little before packing them away. Don't want blisters on your first walk.

As far as the pack goes, that is what I am researching now. Looking for something with multiple pockets, to organize with. And not have to empty out a backpack to find what I am looking for. What I found best so far, does have military background. Don't necessarily need camo, can go just earth tone.

http://www.uscavalry.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=16700&tabid=548&catid=1723

As a thought to be able to compartamlize supplies, while long enough to pack my take down rifle.

I like 5.11 products, but sometimes they are over priced but generally pretty good quality and well thought out.

Eagle Industries / CamelBak also makes some real nice stuff and you can generally find a sale on Optics Planet, SKD Tactical, Natchez, etc. Some Bow-flage paint does wonders to customize earth tones. Don't over look gray toned equipment. Hit it with some browns or biege and it does well in urban and rural environments. I insist on quality...at a sale price.

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not talking about walking or running around with that vest exposed. As I mentioned, concealed under a jacket or wind breaker. But my comment was to be able to have your weapon on you in the event of a total breakdown or a real SHTF moment. And to not have to go digging for your protection. I think that point was missed.

Not looking to be "Rambo" or anything else.

I've found some good deals at LA Police Gear. Their house brand stuff has been met with mixed reviews, but it's always done right by me. I, too, like 5.11 gear, although it can get expensive.

As for looking like a mall ninja, most of my gear is black (anyone that knows me knows that's pretty much all I wear), and most of my stuff is black. I keep a small camo poncho and blanket in my gear for general use that I can throw over my bag(s) should the need arise.

Currently, I'm looking for an inconspicuous longarm to add to the bags (10/22 takedown or AR-7). Nothing flashy, just another tool.

OK, so this may be a little overkill, but what are your thoughts about a tactical vest as part of your BOB Plan. Something that you can throw on, and wear underneath a jacket. If you are bringing a weapon with you as part of your plan. What good would it be, if you cant access it or extra ammunition in STHF scenario. i would think mostly in a period of civil unrest, and were forced to protect yourself.

VEST-163.jpg

Under a loose jacket in the chill why not. Have one myself for open live fire sessions. Between that and a carry case, hardware and mags plus a decent amount of ammo, your covered.

Mind you it'll be a truck breakout if needed, not on foot for my area, foot after I'm in the woods/fields.

If I'm holed up in the house, at least everything is at hand.

Not planning on going shoping in it :)

There are several scenarios this would come in handy. Each one is different I would think.

Currently, I'm looking for an inconspicuous longarm to add to the bags (10/22 takedown or AR-7). Nothing flashy, just another tool.

I can't speak on the 10/22 but the AR-7, is very lightweight and compact and also accurate. For a survival rifle you can't go wrong with the AR-7.

I can't speak on the 10/22 but the AR-7, is very lightweight and compact and also accurate. For a survival rifle you can't go wrong with the AR-7.

I just purchased the 10/22 takedown the other day, to be able to put in my bag. I looked at the Henry, and really was not that impressed with it. I had higher expectations for it after reading and seeing videos on it. For a nominal difference, I would go with the 10/22.

I just purchased, but not delivered yet. A Springfield M6 Scout. Considerably more expensive, because they don't make them anymore, and you have to shop around. Found one still new in box, maybe fired once or twice. but that was 700. Those who have them, don't seem to want to give them up. This also breaks down, and is a 22 over 410. originally made for pilots. I have inherited a "Stevens" Savage 22-410, but needs work.

634658766329325230bwmjywxt.jpg

I will have to let you know after I receive it and get a chance to play. Granted, it is a single shot at a time, but the ability to be able to have 22 and 410 increases small game hunting in a survival situation.

I just purchased the 10/22 takedown the other day, to be able to put in my bag. I looked at the Henry, and really was not that impressed with it. I had higher expectations for it after reading and seeing videos on it. For a nominal difference, I would go with the 10/22.

Not much of a review....what weren't you impressed with on the AR-7? Why did you purchase the 10/22 instead?

Not much of a review....what weren't you impressed with on the AR-7? Why did you purchase the 10/22 instead?

The Henry appeared to be very cheaply made. The stock itself is not waterproof, where everything is contained. It did not feel right in my hands. It honestly felt very cheap.. Honestly, i would have expected more from Henry. The 10/22 is still a solid rifle. The takedown is very simple. I have the ability to mount a scope. And still pack in the bag with scope. The synthetic stock, is still very light, and gave me a full grip. If you have the chance, I would compare the two side by side. Dicks seams to be carrying both, and when I had the opportunity, side by side comparison, it was the Ruger hands down.

Under a loose jacket in the chill why not. Have one myself for open live fire sessions. Between that and a carry case, hardware and mags plus a decent amount of ammo, your covered.

Mind you it'll be a truck breakout if needed, not on foot for my area, foot after I'm in the woods/fields.

If I'm holed up in the house, at least everything is at hand.

Not planning on going shoping in it :)

There are several scenarios this would come in handy. Each one is different I would think.

This vest was on sale at Dvor.com for 48 dollars

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Henry appeared to be very cheaply made. The stock itself is not waterproof, where everything is contained. It did not feel right in my hands. It honestly felt very cheap.. Honestly, i would have expected more from Henry. The 10/22 is still a solid rifle. The takedown is very simple. I have the ability to mount a scope. And still pack in the bag with scope. The synthetic stock, is still very light, and gave me a full grip. If you have the chance, I would compare the two side by side. Dicks seams to be carrying both, and when I had the opportunity, side by side comparison, it was the Ruger hands down.

They claim that the stock and everything stored inside are waterproof, I haven't thrown mine in the river yet, have you? How do you know it is not waterproof?

IMO, it doesn't feel "cheap" it feels like it is made from lightweight components, I put about 300 rounds rounds through it one day at the range and was plinking cans at ~20yds. without my glasses on(iron sights).

The fact that the Ruger only breaks down into 2 pieces and comes with it's own suitcase, is a con in my book. My AR-7 every piece of the gun fits in the stock, and fits right in my B.O.B. compartment with plenty of room for other essentials.

The fact that the Ruger only breaks down into 2 pieces and comes with it's own suitcase, is a con in my book. My AR-7 every piece of the gun fits in the stock, and fits right in my B.O.B. compartment with plenty of room for other essentials.

That I do have to admit, it was all self contained into one piece that allows for other essentials. I still may pick one up for that reason. Although, I did just make a purchase of the Springfield M6 Scout. Expensive, but they seam to go up in value all the time, because nobody is making them anymore.

Buggin in was my favorite response. Been smack dab in the middle of three instantaneous riots, no bag to be found, plenty of shit layin around for weapons. Immediate survival is natural. Had to save a guy that was in shock, he couldn't get over the fact people become pack animals and beasts at the snap of a finger. It's funny but in the Patton movie with George C. Scott during his speech he's says when you see what was once your friend.... you'll know what to do, and you will. Be the sheep hearder, protect the flock, the wolves will reveal themselves. I don't know what you are thinking now, but you will call upon God and you will be taken care of.

And of course buggin out bags are cool, but your brain is even cooler, you'll know what to do.

Just came across this. Thought this would make a good addition. Anybody have any experience with anything similar or the same?

http://www.vestergaard-frandsen.com/lifestraw

lifestraw-vertical-shot.jpg

Saw a couple of video's and it seams to work very well. For 20.00, worth throwing a few into everybody's BOB bags.

Just came across this. Thought this would make a good addition. Anybody have any experience with anything similar or the same?

http://www.vestergaa...n.com/lifestraw

lifestraw-vertical-shot.jpg

Saw a couple of video's and it seams to work very well. For 20.00, worth throwing a few into everybody's BOB bags.

I have something similar just a simple water filtration straw.

Since everyone always says "where you gonna bug out to, this is NJ". I don't have a bug out bag per se. I have a "survival bag" should I be in the middle of nowhere fishing, mudding, w/e and get lost, stranded, or broken down. I have a bag that will make my life that much easier.

Water filtration straws are nice to have. Make sure you use / purge the charcoal dust before sticking them in your bag. Even having the Brita Water Bottles are a decent, (not perfect, nothing is) if you plan on dropping a drop or two of bleach into your water to kill the nasties. The Brita removes a lot of the bleach or iodine taste from the treated water. If you have clean water, you can run it without the small filter.

I definitely have to rethink my BOB, for that hurricane we got activated and mind you I was with the military but they told us to grab our 72 hour bags and head out. I thought I was good to go, HELL NO, I was way under prepared. I am adding much more to it as I still had room. Socks, LOTS AND LOTS OF SOCKS!

I also need a much larger first aid bag that I can externally mount to my rucksack. Much more water, my camelback and canteen only lasted me 2 days in the field.