LibertyOrDeath

Whats in your Bug*Out*Bag (B*B)

She wanted a genuine Italian Hot Dog. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

I have a friend in our Church Father's group from Bayonne and we just go back and forth on the B to B jokes. Neither defends our home turf, just add new insults. The other guys, don't see the humor, but we do. (And I really did date a 'nice' Polish girl from there.)

Sorry for the Hi-Jack.

Sonuva biotch! (also sorry for the hijack)... Forgot all about Jimmy Buffs! Now I gotta go getsome!!! Good stuff! Hadn't been there in years.

You mean Jimmy Buff's?

Hey, at least it's a HotDog.

Your in the right direction :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I don't know how I got a tube steak joint mixed up with an old prize-fighter, but I did ;-)

Anyway, the old counterman in there was a supposed legend. My few encounters with him reminded me of a really old Soup Nazi.

Now back to your original bug-out bag topic.

Its kind of funny that this post is here. I am seeing more and more sites and people talking about BOB's. I have been researching one for myself. and I am trying to figure out, if I should be making two. One for me, and one for my wife. And whether or not they should have some identical equipment. In the event we are separated for some reason.

Some of the things I have read, that I will throw into the mix here. You should have a map of the area. Also, a plan of where you are going to go, and how you are going to get there. Chances are, if mass evacuation, it will be on foot. So you should look to find where are you going to go, and at some point, take the drive, even if it is close to the foot path, so you can make notes on your map, about geographic landmarks, to help with navigation..

As far as weapons go. I did just buy the new Ruger 10/22 takedown. But in addition, I have a older Stevens savage 22-410 and currently looking into a Springfield m6. All three of these guns, are able to be broken down and packed inside the bags. In addition, I have several handguns, and currently loading up on magazines. and a way to be able to carry the gun on your body, without it having to be in your hand.

Something that caught my attention, in regards to the style of bag. Originally, I was looking into a tactical military style bag, along with back up camo clothes. Somewhere along the line, somebody wrote, that you may want to find something that allows you to mix more in the crowd, then to stand out. Thoughts to be considered I guess.

I am on the Jersey Shore, which means a LONG walk west, if that was to happen. So, I find myself looking to prepare twice. Bug In and Bug Out. There is certainly some overlap between the two, but the whole point of the BOB, is to grab and go.

OK, so this may be a little overkill, but what are your thoughts about a tactical vest as part of your BOB Plan. Something that you can throw on, and wear underneath a jacket. If you are bringing a weapon with you as part of your plan. What good would it be, if you cant access it or extra ammunition in STHF scenario. i would think mostly in a period of civil unrest, and were forced to protect yourself.

VEST-163.jpg

OK, so this may be a little overkill, but what are your thoughts about a tactical vest as part of your BOB Plan. Something that you can throw on, and wear underneath a jacket. If you are bringing a weapon with you as part of your plan. What good would it be, if you cant access it or extra ammunition in STHF scenario. i would think mostly in a period of civil unrest, and were forced to protect yourself.

VEST-163.jpg

I think you're going to be a target for every LEO looking to crack some heads and every crackhead looking to score.

I think you're going to be a target for every LEO looking to crack some heads and every crackhead looking to score.

...and I will be the first to lead them to you....You are proberly one of the few who carry in your own home also.

No, I don't carry in my home. And I am in just the beginning stages of making a plan. I was doing some research into a bag, and on the site, it said this may be of interest. But honestly, it does make sense to me in a real SHTF scenario..

Not like bugging out for a weather event, but more so of a civil riot you might say.

Tactical Vests just invite unwanted attention. As do plate carriers with gear hanging all over the place.

Soft body armor under some layers of UA, a good Columbia / Northface jacket with spacious interior / exterior pockets will keep you off the radar. An oversized computer / messenger bag with a decent sized backpack won't raise many eyebrows. Think Eddie Bauer / Lands End as well. The Cape Cod / Duck Hunter look goes more unnoticed then the all black / all camo mall ninja. Keep the cammies in the bag until needed.

Oh yea, quality footwear. Not the cheap stuff. Your feet are one of your most important assets.

Tactical Vests just invite unwanted attention. As do plate carriers with gear hanging all over the place.

Exactly. There will never come a time in the USA where people will be allowed to wear a vest like that because there is no Law enforcement or other controlling government of some kind. Even in the worst possible SHTF scenario of Nuclear bombs falling all over the place, there will be some kind of government entity/warlord/whatever asserting control. Count on it...if they see you in combat gear they're going to shoot first. Every single government meltdown anywhere in the world at any time STILL had some group claiming power. There will never be a time where you are just allowed to roam around combat equipped without someone taking you out.