Lautenmummy and 'shoulder thing that goes up' McCarthy are expected to have a press conference restricting online ammo sales.....

Two Democratic lawmakers on Monday will announce new legislation to regulate the online and mail-order sale of ammunition. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (N.Y.) said the new law would make the sale of ammunition “safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder,” in a statement released Saturday.

I didn't know that when you entered your name, address, credit card and such, this was all under the vale of 'anonymity'.....fukking losers......

No info on the bill yet.

http://thehill.com/b...ne-sale-of-ammo

***UPDATED***

Here's the scoop:

The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act works through four components:

• It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.
  • It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.
  • It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.
  • It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

and here's what NJ's gun hater's had to say;

Nicola Bocour, Project Director of Ceasefire NJ, said: “Ceasefire NJ is honored to stand with Senator Lautenberg and Congresswoman McCarthy in support of the ‘Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.’ The proposed legislation will help to prevent shootings such as the tragedy in Aurora and save lives by regulating online ammunition sales so that an individual will no longer be able to accumulate an arsenal of ammunition in such a short period of time without detection. Congress must take action against these heinous acts of gun violence and pass the ‘Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act’; the reality is if we don’t demand real and meaningful change about guns and ammunition it is easy to predict more such tragedies.”

Carole Stiller, President of the NJ Million Mom March, said: “Today a bill is being announced to stop online ammunition sales. This bill will in no way interfere with the Supreme Court’s interpretation that the Second Amendment allows people the right to own guns to protect themselves in their homes. So there should be NO opposition from the gun lobby… nor from the Congressmembers whom it routinely influences.”

I've bought ammo on-line from places maybe a thousand miles(whatever) away so other than the UPS guy who locally would know? Pay with a money order & a false name and the transaction is even that much more off the grid. Not saying I agree with what they're proposing but the anonymous statement isnt really a stretch.

I had to shake my head when a clueless tv reporter made it seem like 1,000 rounds was like having a huge trailer stockpile of bullets. Clearly she had never seen how that amount fits neatly into a relatively small box.

This is another idea that NJ and NY politicians can get away with supporting. Who's going to sign on to this with them??? My bet is almost no one. If I were the President I would be pissed off at these idiots for even discussing the issue. It's an election year and there are a lot of people on the fence. On a national level gun control is a losing issue.

<insert mass hysteria ammo shortage here>

Rightfully so. This nut just wants to take something from this tragedy and chip away at 2A rights. One could argue that purchases of large quantities of ammunition only benefit target shooters, as most mass shootings doesnt result in expenditure of large quantities of ammo.

This psycho probably got off <100 rounds of ammo and they are trying to punish the legal, law abiding, recreational shooter by limiting the avenues in which he can find quality ammo at affordable pricing. With any hope this measure will get struck down in the house citing a knee jerk reaction to a national tragedy.

This is another idea that NJ and NY politicians can get away with supporting. Who's going to sign on to this with them??? My bet is almost no one. If I were the President I would be pissed off at these idiots for even discussing the issue. It's an election year and there are a lot of people on the fence. On a national level gun control is a losing issue.

True. Outside of the metro NJ/NY area no one gives a shit about what these idiots say or want. Same goes for Bloomberg.

Lautenmummy and 'shoulder thing that goes up' McCarthy are expected to have a press conference restricting online ammo sales.....

Two Democratic lawmakers on Monday will announce new legislation to regulate the online and mail-order sale of ammunition. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (N.Y.) said the new law would make the sale of ammunition “safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder,” in a statement released Saturday.

I didn't know that when you entered your name, address, credit card and such, this was all under the vale of 'anonymity'.....fukking losers......

I love the "shoulder thing that goes up" video. I laugh hysterically every time and then I cry because this woman is an elected official.

And my thoughts exactly. I just read that quote on examiner.com. Anonymous apparently means entering your CC info and mailing address, now? Again, McCarthy is an absolute moron.

Just like the Schmuck Schumer amendment, this has no chance of passing. And being an election year, it has even less chance of passing. All this is is taking advantage of a tragedy to score political points. Most common sense people, not just gun owners, know that all these firearm and ammo laws will do nothing to stop an evil person or a criminal from doing bad things. These politicians are despicable.

They want this law to stop crazy people or criminals from getting ammo. But whats to stop an someone from going to there local gun shop and buying a bunch of ammo and then go commit crimes? The stupidity of these people is mind boggling.

Agreed and unlike a federal law, an online ammo ban would easily pass in NJ.

I may be talking out my a**, but wasn't there a thing a few months ago where NJ was threatening to sue certain retailers who sold pistol ammo to NJ residents online?

I really don't know, since I'm not legally allowed to own a pistol, being 20.

Most people in NY/NJ area dont give a crap what these toolbags say

True too. But I meant they have no effect on a national level. Right now its 46 or 47 states pro gun vs 2-3 states anti gun

The good guys are winning. It's only a matter of time, before NJ/NY have to change.

I may be talking out my a**, but wasn't there a thing a few months ago where NJ was threatening to sue certain retailers who sold pistol ammo to NJ residents online?

I really don't know, since I'm not legally allowed to own a pistol, being 20.

Yup, and they have used the list posted here as a hit list. I have said it plenty of times and asked over and over about removing the stickied list, but it never happens

Since this is related to the recent CO event. He fired "X" amount of rounds. The remaining "stock pile" of ammo that wasnt even taken is in no regard to the event. On the contrary, it would of been of benefit to the public if he had taken the 3500 rounds of ammo he had - a weighted down criminal, is an easy targeted criminal. 80 plus pounds and the bulk of such, would have keep him quiet immobile.

How can anyone think that regulating anything firearm related is going to help if you keep the same criminals and their intent.

agreeing with O'Riely - any crime commited with a firearm is federal, and manditory years.

Yup, and they have used the list posted here as a hit list. I have said it plenty of times and asked over and over about removing the stickied list, but it never happens

I've seen you say this a few times, if you have insider knowledge that they are using our own 'resources' against us; you have to be more vocal in expressing your thoughts.

That NJ online ammo fine thing was on here, you have to do some searching.

I may be talking out my a**, but wasn't there a thing a few months ago where NJ was threatening to sue certain retailers who sold pistol ammo to NJ residents online? I really don't know, since I'm not legally allowed to own a pistol, being 20.

I believe the issue was one of sales tax not the ammunition itself. I remember reading an article that referenced the top 25 items bought online and an estimate of the sales tax that was being avoided.

The thing that absolutely frosts me is the day before I first saw this, I had received an email messgage from Lautenburg in response to my contacting all the politicos regarding the proposed UN Small Arms Treaty.

His message was that he supports the US Constitution, and the rights to americans bearing arms, and would keep my thoughts (yea right) in mind. Now I am of the opinion that the UN SAT is dead, but now we look forward to this crap. It just proves AGAIN that they will tell you anything you want to hear while performing slight of hands right in front of you. They have an aggenda, and we and our rights are not safe until we get rid of these people despite what they profess.