alec.mc

Man Orders TV Through Amazon, Gets Assault Rifle

conspiracy theory alert!

gonna make buying guns online illegal, just look at what happened to this goofball.

But those sales still need to go through an FFL... I like my tinfoil hat, but it ain't on that tight. :onthequiet:

I don't know - my bogus meter is off the scale. Has anybody confirmed this was a real 716? I ask that for two reasons: 1) I heard it explained that it was probably a mix-up at a "fulfillment center" a logistics warehouse that warehouses items for numerous companies and ships them out on demand. I can't say for certain. but unless things have changed, Sig doesn't use fulfillment centers and if they did, they would have to be licensed (federally). Sig production can't keep up with demand. As soon as a gun is completed, it ships. I've received Sigs that weremade the week before. And, 2) Again, unless things have changed, Sig does not use cardboard boxes with foam blocks in them for shipping long guns. My experience was only with the 556, but they were shipped in a plastic case, just like their handguns. As for the police comment - there are lots of things you are not allowed to have in the district - like an airsoft gun with no orange muzzle perhaps? Not a conspiracy theorist, but it is a little coincidental that this happened at a time when Lautenberg and his cronies are trying to do away with Internet sales. It is what it is.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Looks like two rifles to me.

You're right. This whole thing is so full of fail that I am almost to the point of donning my tinfoil hat.

Anybody on here buy a 716? How was it packaged?