this_is_nascar

Suggest a .223 Rifle

My next purchase will be a .223 rifle. I don't think Ihave a preference between semi, bolt or lever at this point in time. I would like it to be something modern and readily available. In addition, any particular brand/type of ammo for general shooting?

Get an AR. I got an S&W M&P-15 and absolutely love it. If you have interest, time and are somewhat handy, build one yourself. I think my next rifle before I build an AR from scratch is going to be a bolt action in .223.

I have both an AR (Windham) and a Mini 14 and love both of them equally. The style of rifle you get will mostly be dictated by what type of shooting you'll be doing. As for ammo, I've only used PMC ammo and have no complaints whatsoever. The PMC bronze .223 55gr fmj shoots pretty clean and is brass cased. Prices are pretty good too.

The AR is indeed the way to go, the best part is you can start with a relatively cheap and simple M4 for plinking yet build up additional uppers to support different uses. ARs are like cats and Dachshunds, you can't have just one!