silverado427

Any F 15 fans out there.

AWESOME video! The F-15 has always been one of my favorite modern warplanes.. along with the the F-16.

F-16's are indeed very sexy, but the F-15 can do something the F-16 will never be able to do. Keep flying after it loses an engine!

I wish I could get an incentive ride in a fighter. Fighter guys/gals get to fly in heavies all the time. It is only fair!

F-16's are indeed very sexy, but the F-15 can do something the F-16 will never be able to do. Keep flying after it loses an engine!

I wish I could get an incentive ride in a fighter. Fighter guys/gals get to fly in heavies all the time. It is only fair!

They can't fly for too long, they can limp back to a base. The F-16 while it is my true love as I work on them, falls to second behind the Strike Eagle, those things are so bad ass.

No plane flies well for long after losing half its engines. However they can keep flying to an extent. On the other hand, no plane flies at all after losing all engines. Depending on the plane and weight, some can glide reasonably well. A lawn dart on the other hand, like an F-16...not so much. :)

F15 definitely a fantastic fighter, and has proven its adaptability over and over. Continuous updates/enhancements allow an airframe originally designed in the 60's to still compete with more recent fighters.. Strike Eagle, AESA, Silent Eagle.. The F15 ACTIVE stuff is pretty damn cool too (canards and thrust vectoring).

F-15 still is gold standard of air inteceptors worldwide..the F-22 sure is an engineering feat but cant maintain same operational readiness..I was lucky enough to watch the flight that did the US Open leave EWR last week..the third guy gave us a treat and did a full afterburner tactical departure..stood that sucker on its tail..noise set off car alarms.. Freeking sweet..sound of freedom

I was in DC for Reagan's funeral, there was a 21 F15 fly-over. The lead aircraft in the last formation pulled vertical directly over my head. I could actually feel heat as I stared directly into the afterburners. I will never forget that image or that awsome sound!

F15 in US Air Force hands is proven unbeatable. F22 may be superior from a strategic standpoint but it is proven to be unproven.

Not a criticism of the F22 in the slightest. Just that it is simply known that the US Air Force F15 can't be beat by any current potential enemies.

Just that it is simply known that the US Air Force F15 can't be beat by any current potential enemies.

There are some SU-27/35 pilots that beg to differ. The F15 is a fanstic fighter but the modern Russian fighters can't be dismissed so quickly. The Su-35BM, for example, looks like it would give the F15 a run.. all else being equal (pilot, training, ,C2, ROE..etc).

I remember an article some years ago about a F15 returning to base with most of it's starboard wing missing.

No plane flies well for long after losing half its engines. However they can keep flying to an extent. On the other hand, no plane flies at all after losing all engines. Depending on the plane and weight, some can glide reasonably well. A lawn dart on the other hand, like an F-16...not so much. :)

There are some SU-27/35 pilots that beg to differ. The F15 is a fanstic fighter but the modern Russian fighters can't be dismissed so quickly. The Su-35BM, for example, looks like it would give the F15 a run.. all else being equal (pilot, training, ,C2, ROE..etc).

Not to mention the updated 37. We also sold a bunch of f-15's to Saudi Arabia, 30 billion in planes and parts.

Id bet the house on our guys any day of the week...while the ruskie equipment is certainly high tech...id say our training ,maintenance and experience would put us over the top..no pun intended..