RubberBullets

How do you store your mags?

As the title suggests. I know a lot of members have a LARGE number of handguns, or rifles, or a combination of both. Ive seen some really outrageous pictures on AR15.com regarding stockpiles of mags. I am curious as to the lay person who has a number of different guns, but only have 3-8 mags per weapon store their mags. Ammo boxes? Plastic bags to segregate different firearm type? stocked up in the safe behind each gun? Just curious as I see myself accumulating a decent variety of mags and a need/want to organize them efficiently.

pics if ya gotem!

What isn't loaded in the safe are kept in zip lock bags in my range bag.

I've actually got everything organized by ziplocks in the range bag.

Eyes and ears, magazines, holster and mag pouchs (per gun). It just makes it easier than fumbeling around at the bottom of the bag looking for stuff.

I store all my mags loaded and ready to run.

I keep a practice set in my range box so I don't have to worry about running around collecting mags before I go to the range.

I keep a tactical set in my safe with my guns, just in case.

I have a select set of mags for guns I might bug-out wth in my TEOTWAWKI stash.

I probably average 10 or more mags for every type I own.

I have my HD mags loaded with the gun in the biometric safe

My IDPA mags (basically all the spares) are in the big safe. I have a strip of magnetic tape that holds them to the inside of the door, organized by gun.

I have forgotten to take mags with me to practice once, which was frustrating. But if they're in the safe they benefit from the dehumidifier, unlike left in the range bag.

Never considered that.

I clean my mags with CLP just like they were part of my rifle or pistol. This also creates lubrication and a moisture barrier layer on them. So, there is no need for plastic baggies in the safe or range box. The safe has a descatant system as well.

My TEOTWAWKI mags are in sealed water-proof ammo boxes with descatant packets.

Spare mags are loaded and stored in GI ammo cans.

HD mags are loaded with premium HD ammo and in the gun with one in the pipe.

My bulk ammo is stored in 500rd quantities loose in 30cal ammo cans.

Random oddlots are stored in boxes in ammo cans. 38 special, 308 hunting stuff, HD ammo.

HD pistol in locked pistol box in bedroom, 1 chambered, loaded mag, and 2 loaded spare mags also in the box. (M&P)

"other" defense pistol kept in the safe with 2 loaded mags sitting next to it. AR in the safe with 2 loaded mags next to it.

Other mags and ammo is kept in the safe but unloaded.

Bedroom is upstairs, safe is not. I just dont keep loaded guns in the safe, thats why i have loaded mags for the p229 and AR in the safe ready to go if needed...

I keep my dirty mags between the matress and the boxspring.

.......and you are about 14, in the chess club,find it diffucult to talk to girls and your best friend is a warm sweat sock?.......

after having collected a fair amount of mags for each handgun (6-10 depending) they are currently in mag pouches in the range bag. makes the bag very heavy and realized i was carrying mags to the range that i wasnt necessarily going to use as I was selecting firearms to make the trip with me. i have decided to switch to the gun bags with the mags pockets right on them so all i have to do is grab the gun and mags as a kit, throw that into the range bag and im set. hd guns have mags full in the gun and with the gun.

.......and you are about 14, in the chess club,find it diffucult to talk to girls and your best friend is a warm sweat sock?.......

And what is wrong with being in the chess club? :assassin:

I have my HD mags loaded with the gun in the biometric safe

My IDPA mags (basically all the spares) are in the big safe. I have a strip of magnetic tape that holds them to the inside of the door, organized by gun.

I have forgotten to take mags with me to practice once, which was frustrating. But if they're in the safe they benefit from the dehumidifier, unlike left in the range bag.

That's a great idea! I have all of mine scattered around inside..

I have ~ 50 AR rifle mags unloaded in a milk crate in my gun stuff room. Mostly a mix of P-Mag and ARC Mags with a few GI mags thrown in. They all get loaded prior to any organized training evolution. They are all numbered and sorted by type and color, as well as a personal ID mark so I can keep track of malfunctions and make sure I have all of my mags at the end of the training day.

Each magazine fed long gun in the safe has a loaded mag in the mag well, on an empty chamber. I also have 6 loaded mags for each long gun in the safe in some kind of bandolier. I like the Blue Force Gear 10 Speed Chest Rigs or 6 Packs for this.

US Rifle Cal .30 M1 is stored empty, bolt forward with safety engaged. 2 en-bloc clips on the sling and 2 bandoliers nearby.

Shotguns and lever guns have a full mag tube, empty chamber, hammer down.

I don't have any bolt guns... Yet :)

My pistols all have loaded mags inserted with one in the chamber. I have a Midway Pistol Case with 6 loaded mags for each pistol in the safe as well.

Any additional pistol mags are kept unloaded, in a drawer in the gun-stuff room.

Pistol mags are also numbered and have a personal ID mark for the same reason as the rifle mags.

Wheel guns are fully loaded with at least one speed loader and one speed strip handy.

ETA: All firearms are stored in safes that are hidden out of sight.

Edited by High Exposure

I have ~ 50 AR rifle mags unloaded in a milk crate in my gun stuff room. Mostly a mix of P-Mag and ARC Mags with a few GI mags thrown in. They all get loaded prior to any organized training evolution. They are all numbered and sorted by type and color, as well as a personal ID mark so I can keep track of malfunctions and make sure I have all of my mags at the end of the training day.

Each magazine fed long gun in the safe has a loaded mag in the mag well, on an empty chamber. I also have 6 loaded mags for each long gun in the safe in some kind of bandolier. I like the Blue Force Gear 10 Speed Chest Rigs or 6 Packs for this.

US Rifle Cal .30 M1 is stored empty, bolt forward with safety engaged. 2 en-bloc clips on the sling and 2 bandoliers nearby.

My pistols all have loaded mags inserted with one in the chamber. I have a Midway Pistol Case with 6 loaded mags for each pistol in the safe as well.

Any additional pistol mags are kept unloaded, in a drawer in the gun-stuff room.

Pistol mags are also numbered and have a personal ID mark for the same reason as the rifle mags.

Wheel guns are fully loaded with at least one speed loader and one speed strip handy.

Damn, the life of a single man. Wait until you have a female living with you or better yet, a kid!

I really don't know. Sometimes I'm going through a closet or boxes and a find 20 or 50 mags or drums, loaded, unloaded, or mixed. I keep at least half (the front half) of my rifles and handguns loaded in the safes and I have about a dozen 6- or 8-mag carriers with loaded mags ready to go for various firearms. Some of the mag carriers are mostly for range and some are mostly for trouble. The mags in the carriers get fired, reloaded, and rotated out after a number of uses. Then I end up finding them years later in a box marked, "OLD - But OK 20XX/XX/XX."