Sig226GuyNJ

First Rounds, but a bit worried

I've loaded up some .40 S&W rounds with 180 gr copper plated flat nose bullets, 4.4 gr of Titegroup, and a OAL that is a little short averaging 1.11 when the book calls for 1.12. The max powder load is 4.7 gr minimum being 4.2 gr. Am I ok at 4.4 gr with a slightly shorter OAL or am I risking overpressure here? Thanks in advance.

Everything was fine! Holy crap, the satisfaction of shooting your own ammo is indescribable. I also loaded up ammo with 4.2 gr, and liked it better than the 4.4 gr. The increase in recoil from just .2 gr was more than I thought it'd be. Thanks for the advice guys.

Titegroup is funny with the way recoil compounds. Other powders are different

Everything was fine! Holy crap, the satisfaction of shooting your own ammo is indescribable. I also loaded up ammo with 4.2 gr, and liked it better than the 4.4 gr. The increase in recoil from just .2 gr was more than I thought it'd be. Thanks for the advice guys.

Nice! I remember back in August when I first tested the ammo I loaded, I was SCARED I screwed something up. But, I tested a few rounds, and though they sounded a little hot, there was nothing wrong. I know that feeling of nervousness you have when you're going to test your first batch XD.

That's titegroup for ya! Be careful with that stuff.

Can someone recommend a decent one?

I'd lengthen those COL a touch.

Agreed. The second batch I made, is measuring sliiiiiightly over 1.12 inches and are still able to fit into the magazine.

That's titegroup for ya! Be careful with that stuff.

Yep, thats what I'm reading. A buddy suggested I try Power Pistol as well and see which I like better. But tbh, when I shot my 4.2 gr rounds, they were smooth as butter.