NJSigfan

Check for P2P just cashed...

So my check was recently cashed by the NJSP, so my question is how soon will the actual permits be ready? I'm trying to plan out my next 3 purchases without having to get one permit extended. Thanks for the help.

This relies SOLELY on your respective town/barracks you apply to. Some towns have been known for a week turn around, some people have waited over 6 months.

my gf is waiting for her permit to come in. they cashed the check for permits 10 weeks after submitted, and its now week 15 or 16 and she still hasn't received it. yet her friend who submitted her paperwork at the exact same time already received her permits 2 weeks ago. and we are dealing with the SP in Augusta for our paperwork. what sucks for the gf is she bought her gun from online after she applied because the price was right and its been sitting in the store for 3 months waiting to be picked up.... at least she gets supervised visitation at the store lol

Did you appy in Perryville barracks?

One of my references got her first FID and PPs. In 12 weeks from Perryville NJSP

Yep, I applied in late June and they were just approved. I got the call tonight. 3 new permits waiting for me to use. :)

Time to finalize my 1911 options.

Yep, I applied in late June and they were just approved. I got the call tonight. 3 new permits waiting for me to use. :)

Time to finalize my 1911 options.

Go get them now!!!! They have a date a from a week ago probably, so start finalizing .....

I have a Remington R1 Enhansed if you want to try it at EFGA or Heritage...

Go get them now!!!! They have a date a from a week ago probably, so start finalizing .....

I have a Remington R1 Enhansed if you want to try it at EFGA or Heritage...

Thank you for the offer!

I picked them up tonight, and the Remington is an option for me. When are you heading to heritage?

Thank you for the offer!

I picked them up tonight, and the Remington is an option for me. When are you heading to heritage?

Tomorrow around 2.30pm i m going to EFGA and to heritage after, the re close by. I can guest you into EFGA if you re not a member. Also Sunday after 2pm at Heritage only.

PM me if interested.

I was between Sprinfgield and the Stainless R1 and i got the R1 enhansed at the end. Shoots really great.

Just to let you guys know how messed up some towns are...

9/17/12 - Dropped off applications for 3 permits. My contacts received the forms days later and sent them back within a week.

10/19/12 - Spoke to the detective responsible. Said they just hit his desk, looking at about 3 weeks

11/15/12 - passed by the precinct and the detective was not there. Secretary said that judging by the location of my paperwork in their piles, it looked like another 2-3 weeks

Just to let you guys know how messed up some towns are...

9/17/12 - Dropped off applications for 3 permits. My contacts received the forms days later and sent them back within a week.

10/19/12 - Spoke to the detective responsible. Said they just hit his desk, looking at about 3 weeks

11/15/12 - passed by the precinct and the detective was not there. Secretary said that judging by the location of my paperwork in their piles, it looked like another 2-3 weeks

12/3/12 - Still nothing. Will wait till the 15th to pass by again and listen to another lame excuse.

P2P's applied for 5/1/12...we should make a game, the longest wait wins a prize..I emailed the CLEO Friday, that has sped up the process on my last two go-rounds

after two months I stopped in on the firearms day and inquired. Lt comes back and tells me everything is in order and will give to the chief. The next day they are ready. Sadly I think you just have to stay on them.

Final update for me (thank gawd!)

12/3/12 - Still nothing. Will wait till the 15th to pass by again and listen to another lame excuse.

12/17/12 - Called and left a message for the officer handling the permits.

12/18/12 - Received a call back from the officer saying he needed more documentation! (***He said he called me to tell me but never did). Passed by the precing 30 minutes later with the documentation and left it for the officer.

1/2/13 - Received call from the officer saying my permits were ready for pickup.

*** This not the first time I've run into this where they need more information and never reach out to me asking for that info.

Curious, if you don't mind sharing, what kind of "additional documentation?"

They needed proof of citizenship since I was born outside the US. I guess once they receive our documentation the first time they dont keep it on file because I've submitted the same documents (passport, citizenship papers) multiple times for my FID and permits in the past. Maybe they do keep copies on record but I bet if I had mentioned that it would have taken them another 4 weeks to open their filing cabinets and look for a piece of paper. This was Parsippany BTW.

They needed proof of citizenship since I was born outside the US. I guess once they receive our documentation the first time they dont keep it on file because I've submitted the same documents (passport, citizenship papers) multiple times for my FID and permits in the past. Maybe they do keep copies on record but I bet if I had mentioned that it would have taken them another 4 weeks to open their filing cabinets and look for a piece of paper. This was Parsippany BTW.

Ha! Parsippany did that to me when I first got my FID many years ago. My new town (Jefferson Twp.) didn't ask when I changed the address. Been waiting on pistol permits 8 weeks, no call for additional info yet. References went out and were returned long ago. I'm reading this thread and wonder if I should follow up, although on the packet it said in bold letters "IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO FOLLOW UP ON THE STATUS OF YOUR PAPERWORK"