Teky0101

Strong Pad Locks

I have an older Kryptonite padlock with a 7/16 hasp and 6 tumblers. It weighs at least a pound and has ball bearings on either side of the hasp inside of the body. I don't think they make these any longer and it's not one of the "bic pen locks". No one is getting past this thing without a dremel and some time.

American Lock makes some pretty good locks. They have locks with up to 1/2inch hasps and 6 tumblers.

Expect to pay $30-$50 on a standard padlock that can't be beaten or cut with bolt cutters without a significant amount of effort.

just remember no matter what kind of lock you use it will only keep honest people out.

Some locks are so tough that even dishonest people that don't have the right equipment, like a portable grinder, just can't get through it or pound/pry it off.

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering what are some of the strongest and well priced padlocks on the market? I would like to get some locks to put on my outdoor fence.

Thanks!

Why spend much on a lock when you can climb over the fence or cut the fence? The outdoor rated master locks with the hexagonal profile hasps and combo are hard enough to pick and shim proof enough that it'll do the job.

The reality is anyone really trying to steal something protected by a fence is not going to be deterred by a padlock on the fence, and you can have your stuff stolen or you scan have your stuff stolen and your fence destroyed. All you can really do is discourage the lazy.

Now for something like chaining up a generator if you make cutting up the generator frame the easiest path, you can force them to make some noise etc. by getting a good lock.

I'm a big fan of the American Lock padlocks. They are tough. The best lock in the world however isn't going to delay someone bend on getting access or stealing the item more than 1 hour at best. Keep that in mind before you blow your wad on a $500 lock to protect a $100 item.

Mul-t-lock high security padlocks, but they cost $$$

http://www.mul-t-loc...w&product_id=52

BAH! I tracked down the padlocks approved for padlocking up shipping containers full of classified stuff. They were about $1800 a pop IIRC. Yah, here it is http://www.gokeyless.com/product/1373/sargent-greenleaf-951c-high-security-padlock

BAH! I tracked down the padlocks approved for padlocking up shipping containers full of classified stuff. They were about $1800 a pop IIRC. Yah, here it is http://www.gokeyless...ecurity-padlock

Well hell, then you sawsall the generator frame and steal the lock, its probably worth more even without the keys and locked.