Kaiser7

Wow, so even NJ residents want to seceed?

http://www.examiner.com/article/citizens-15-states-file-petitions-to-secede-from-united-states

I'd heard of this, but it's really picking up it seems. I was surprised to see NJ on there, I wonder how many from NJGF signed it? XD

Does anyone else think we may see Obama get impeached before 4 years is up? I just have this feeling.

With the way the media spins facts (or ignores them) it will be difficult for him to be impeached. The spin doctors will protect him, and I'm not talking about the rock band from the 90's!

With the way the media spins facts (or ignores them) it will be difficult for him to be impeached. The spin doctors will protect him, and I'm not talking about the rock band from the 90's!

He's already been threatened with it once. Then again, the Republicans seem to be whipped right now, they're begging to work with him, guess whatever the outcome is will tell us whether this is the case.

New Jersey was not the only state that I saw.

Oh, yeah, the article mentions several, but I was surprised by NJ. Even the conservatives are more liberal than other conservatives, from what I see, of all the states, I was surprised NJ would be one.

Kaiser,

I agree with you NJ is a shocker! I was wondering who creates these petitions? I saw others for South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Mississippi, Kentucky, Florida and it is likely there are many others! Times are getting scary!

On what grounds precisely?

I really don't know, I just got the feeling. I mean 20+ states are talking about seceding from the country because of Obama and his policies. Just to many things piling up that are looking real bad. I think we all know/assume that his policies are going to weaken this country even further. And I think it's only a matter of time until Obama voters are going to be saying I can't believe I made this mistake.

That's basically it, shits gonna get so bad that he will get impeached for something. Or maybe some blow back from F&F or Libya.

Does anyone else think we may see Obama get impeached before 4 years is up? I just have this feeling.

John, someone could come up with pics of him snoring a line of coke off a dead hooker's a$$ and they wouldnt impeach him

If we succeed from the union we would loose all federal assistance and the constitution wouldn't apply to us. That would leave fat ass Christie as king of nj and our second amendment would be a thought of the past. As much as I hate that president of ours leaving the union would carry worst consequences to our rights then if we just deal with it and a hope for 2016. As for impeachment. .. wont happen.

John, someone could come up with pics of him snoring a line of coke off a dead hooker's a$$ and they wouldnt impeach him

Look what happened to Mayor Berry of DC. He was caught doing crack, did his time and then got re-elected again a few years later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

The Dems still control the Senate. Obama could pull out a gun and shoot someone on live tv and the corrupt, dishonest, low-life Harry Reid would not allow an impeachment.

Pretty much. Texas manages to pull secession, I will be moving there!

The Dems still control the Senate. Obama could pull out a gun and shoot someone on live tv and the corrupt, dishonest, low-life Harry Reid would not allow an impeachment.

Bingo! Impeachment not going to happen with this prez. This guy is the new "Teflon Don" because nothing sticks to him whatsoever.

NJ wanting to seceed is surprising given the fact that "we" voted him in to begin with. As for some of the other states seceeding, I don't see that happening either. A lot of emotions are still brewing and will eventually simmer down as history has shown. Sadly, I can't remember a time in my nearly 5 decades on this earth that I've seen the country so divided. Props to our leadership :hopechange2sp6nv4-1: for creating this mess with their "vote for revenge" message......we certainly got change alright :angry:

Of course we are divided, they prefer it that way. They can do a better job of ripping us off and taking our freedoms when we are strugging to make a living, fighting to get out of debt, or fighting with eachother over politics, race, and all the other shit that keeps us divided. While we all argue and struggle they steal everything right from under our noses. United we stand, divided we fall. Sound familiar?

Let me get this right.

Petition has about 3,100 signatures.

NJ has approximately 9 million residents.

Those who signed this petition consist of less than 0.00035% of the state's population. Most likely even less if you go by the first page of signatures since so many are not even from NJ.

Please explain why this is newsworthy?

.... Please explain why this is newsworthy?

Thank you. These "petitions" at the white house petition site have as much import as someone creating a poll here on this forum. Anyone with an internet connection and an email address can create their own petition there.

Anyway, if a state were to secede, wouldn't they just *DO IT*!? You don't ask for permission to secede, you just do it (and then be ready for any consequences if what you secede from comes after you).

Kaiser,

I agree with you NJ is a shocker! I was wondering who creates these petitions? I saw others for South Carolina, Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan, New York, Colorado, Mississippi, Kentucky, Florida and it is likely there are many others! Times are getting scary!

Do I need a stronger prescription for my glasses, or are you using this small print on purpose? Yikes.

No spell checkers at Glassboro State? :)

Haha, I'm a biology major, no need 4 gud Engrish.

Just kidding, my English usually isn't that bad. There are some words I just have one hell of a hard time spelling.

Anyway, if a state were to secede, wouldn't they just *DO IT*!? You don't ask for permission to secede, you just do it (and then be ready for any consequences if what you secede from comes after you).

That's basically my take on it. AND at least give yourself a head start lol, i guess they figure they need permission first.

Haha, I'm a biology major, no need 4 gud Engrish.

Just kidding, my English usually isn't that bad. There are some words I just have one hell of a hard time spelling.

I finished my Bio degree last year. I hate to brake the news to you, but you write a decent amount in Bio.