david8613

utas uts 15 vs keltec ksg

Wonder why nobody maskes a semi auto shotty Bullpup? (Besides SRM) A semi auto KSG would be awesome IMHO!

IIRC there's one ot two in the test and evaluation phase right now...Downside is, we cant EVER have one here in NJ

As far as the UTAS is concerned..I was at Paul's today and got to handle the one on his shelf....Depnding on how many shifts i pick up over the next month, I may be getting a UTAS to join the Saiga I picked up today

nutnfancy wasn't too happy with the UTS-15 either

http://www.youtube.c...&v=kRUeoPsPbUE#!

Damn, he tore that thing a new a-hole.

Video of his review after the field test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCBTU89kBM

I was really considering picking one of these up, but it looks like it needs some more time to get reworked.

I bought my UTAS in September keeping in mind that it is a new company and kinks would probably have to be worked out.First trip to the range it wouldnt run through both tubes without it not picking up rounds and ejecting live rounds.That being said,their customer service is excellent.It was sent and returned on their dime.When I got it back I took it to the range and ran it as hard as I could with bird shot,buck shot,and slugs.I made sure I alternated tubes.A neat feature on the UTAS is you can select either tube or have both tubes alternate.You dont have to move the switch to select the other tube as on the KELTEC.When one tube is done it will go right to the next one.I'm waiting to get the laser flashlight combo that mounts inside where the barrel nut goes.It is easy to short stroke it I think beacuse the slide rails are plastic.I had one stoppage where the slide locked up but after a quick rap of the butt on the bench there were no further stoppages in over 75 rounds of mixed shells.So overall I am pleased.

Actually my UTAS was doing what you see in the Nuttinfancy video spitting out live rounds when you ran the slide.But seems to be fine now.I was on the list for the KSG since it was introduced but it never appeared.I bought the UTAS also thinking about a possible capacity restriction like the one we now face.On that note hope everyone is finding what they want.Good luck folks.

Both guns have had their fair share of bad reviews. I have the ksg and love it. I actually can't justify spending more on an utas. Yes I said that

Now it looks like there has been a price reality shift on Gunbroker!

KSG $2,000 UTAS $1200 :huh:

Bluelinefish, if you did not have a KSG (color me green with envy here),and were going to buy now, would you buy a KSG or a UTAS?

UTAS is actually working on a semi auto verision of the UTS-15.You can actually see it in the trailer for the movie Oblivion on You Tube.I think they will still produce it even if they have to go to 10 rounds.My opinion is that the UTS-15 is still an ongoing project and I am guessing there might be upgrades and modifications available in the future.