Wojo

300 Blackout - Thoughts / Experience / Reflections?

Unfortunetly, you won't find many salesmen for lack of a better term in our hobby that will say something isn't very good. Read a magazine or watch the Sportsmans Channel and every new gun, caliber, stock, scope, red-dot sight, light, laser whatever is good in their eyes because it helps the industry. Sorry, but that's the truth. The days of saying anyting bad about almost anything in our arena are over.

Ray, are your implying Travis is giving a thumbs up to a product as a way to boost the industry? I think you better rewind and reassess. I am not saying some salesmanship doesnt factor in in many facets of the industry. I agree this is rampent in magazines that have paid advertisers. Its why I havent purchased a single mag measured in decades unless something I did or a friend did was in it. With that being said I think it is unfair of you to make that implication in the case of someone who has been there and done that and has the experience to give a real world assessment of something. As someone who trains mil personel etc etc I think his credibility is worth more to him than being a schill. A different Travis vid to give you some perspective. So Rachel Ray, get back in your lane will ya!

Good vids.

Comms: Negative...he cleaned them all out.

Commenting on target rich environment: JC...it like a phucking turkey shoot.

Yea, you are not going to find him endorsing aTaurus Judge or some Rossi POS.

Do you think this guy would say that the 556 is underpowered or not suitable on today's battlefields? No

Because saying something like that will bring lots of heat on you. So, if you go with the flow and say "yeah, awesome cartridge and great round" and what not keeps you in the clear.

Yea, you are not going to find him endorsing aTaurus Judge or some Rossi POS.

No, because he's not in the concealed carry arena like a Mas Ayoob or Clint Smith is. And I like my Taurus Judge

Good lord Ray you are reaching for arguments here. Not sure what has got your dander dude. Ray, let's wind our necks in here.

Don't buy one. Don't worry about our thoughts or those of other professionals. It is all good man. If you leave this thread, it will be okay.

FWIW - when I see a professional organization issue / allow Judges to be carried into harms way, I'll review my thoughts on it. Perhaps I will no longer see this pistol being a novelty item being marketing to magazine readers that are swayed by cool pictures and bogus write-ups. Just my opinion...similar to how you view the 300 Blackout.

And like Shane, I can't tell you the last time I bought a firearms / SOF / hunting magazine. The best thing I did was get American Rifleman digitally so I can just delete it instead of having to put it curbside with recycling. Hell, the October issue had my personal contact information on it for a EVC and I never saw it. Lots of my friends and neighbors did though.

Ray your just being retarded. It would bring the heat from who exactly? I think your perspective may be clouded as I speculate you feel the 5.56 an inferior combat cartridge. I do not. And judging by Travis wacking Taliban at 800yds with a 5.56, im betting he does not either! The POINT is that in 300blk you can gain more with pretty much no penalty. Your comment about just using a 308 makes it clear you do not understand what you are talking about. If you dont knock it off I will have to bring out pictures of your pistol with the bayonet on it Ray!!!

I love this stuff, I honestly don't care about this cartridge. Just trying to make some interesting threads. And I love CCW'ing my public defender when in Amurica, 410 buckshot baby!

LMAO...Ray, you're a good sport. But please don't tell me you have multi-cam feetie pajamas or a Zombie Lunch Box.

Just goes to show you, if its black and has Tacti-kool in the product description, someone will buy it.

Now, is that really a bayonet? I don't see an edge on it. It looks more like some Goth chic's cake cutter.

I'm thinking that side by side needs an EoTech and 3x magnifier on it.

Ray - Since you showed me your bayonet, I'll show you mine "unsheathed". I have this thing where I think shot shells belong in shotguns, extra ammo belongs in pouches (unless you are a cowboy) and bayonets should be sharp and long enough to punch thru to the vitals. I put all of these in one package. My riot gun. And no, the M9 doesn't stay on it. A 16" M1 Garand bayonet is something to behold.

590A1-1.jpg

590A1-2.jpg

I have velco attached to my receiver so I can just slap on another 7 rounds of fun from my AR Mag Pouch. Double mag pouches can hold 3 seven round shingles.

591A1-3.jpg

Wojo, I wanted to do that setup on a Mossberg but I'm afraid to put glue on the gun and then it makes it look ugly. Those systems look like they would be awesome. Run the gun, throw another saddle on and run some more.

Wojo, I wanted to do that setup on a Mossberg but I'm afraid to put glue on the gun and then it makes it look ugly. Those systems look like they would be awesome. Run the gun, throw another saddle on and run some more.

The 590 is parkerized...if he ever needed to remove the glue he could probably use a rag and some lighter fluid and it would be fine

A little acetone removes all glue and degreases. I have no safe queens, every thing is bound to get wet, dirty and dinged up at some point. They are tools. Buy quality, perform good maintenance and they will last a life time. Nicks and scars give character to tools and people. Each one tells a story.

Back on point here...picked up Hodgons 2012 Annual Manual and it had some reloading info on 300blk, but not a heck of a lot. But they had a nice section talking about 'the new' caliber.

Well it seems that for a fresh build 7.62 x 39 is the way to go. If I want 300 blackout just get an new upper for my 5.56

If you go that way, please keep us informed... I've been interested in a 7.62x39 AR, but am new to "AR World", so don't know much about the building blocks. I know Rock River HAS a 7.62x39, can supposedly pre-order on their website, and G&A just gave a pretty glowing review of it. Uses standard AK mags.

Personally, I'd be much more interested in an existing, widely available, caliber instead of a boutique caliber. This wouldn't be a novelty gun for me, it would become my SHTF rifle.

Personally, I'd be much more interested in an existing, widely available, caliber instead of a boutique caliber. This wouldn't be a novelty gun for me, it would become my SHTF rifle.

556 it is, stick with that until this cartidge becomes more availible and affordable (if it ever does).

556 it is, stick with that until this cartidge becomes more availible and affordable (if it ever does).

I was referring to 762 as opposed to 300, but 556 works as well... if you like to shoot that light stuff. :sarcastichand:

I was referring to 762 as opposed to 300, but 556 works as well... if you like to shoot that light stuff. :sarcastichand:

you want a 30 caliber thumper? get an AK

cleary, you don't know me sir

downsized_0823111631.jpg

Nice!! Guns up in five!!

I was just joking anyway... I meant a 7.62 AR. That's become my quest. I love love the AR ergonomics, the recoil cylinder, the pistol grip, but no way would I trade my Mini-30 for an AR.... which is why I'm so interested in the hybrid.

Those rifles look...uh..."well endowed".... IF ya know what I mean..... ;)

If you go that way, please keep us informed... I've been interested in a 7.62x39 AR, but am new to "AR World", so don't know much about the building blocks. I know Rock River HAS a 7.62x39, can supposedly pre-order on their website, and G&A just gave a pretty glowing review of it. Uses standard AK mags.

Let's see SMMAI Cartirdge, made by a number of different Ammo manufacturers, ammo is being carried by most of the large online retailers, and in bulk, and just about everyone who makes AR's offers the round now. it's not a "Boutique" cartridge anymore..mainly because the barrel is the ONLY differing factor from 5.56