Sign in to follow this  
pbkid6974

windham weaponry... any good?

well I've never owned an AR. I was gonna wait to move out of this shitty state so I didn't have to castrate it but with recent events... Can anyone suggest a well made rifle for a middle of the road price point? I don't like cheap stuff but I'm too broke for top of the line...

Also, I'm assuming DD is Daniel Defense, BCM is Bravo Company, but I don't know what POF is. Enlighten me please.

I have a WW Ar and its awesome. Never had a single problem, misfire, jam , or any hick-ups yet, I'v fired roughly around 4 to 5 thousand rounds through it so far. I clean and lube the barrel and wipe everything down about every 200 rounds or so and do a complete disassemble and cleaning about every 400 rounds. Sometimes going months before cleaning, so i don't really keep up w/ it as much as i should but she works great.

I've heard good reviews and I was able to hold one first hand. It's well made.

However, for those guys who will only use DD's, BCM's,POF's, it's a piece of @$%$.

If you can get one right now, buy it!

Windham makes good stuff. Remember they are the OLD Bushmaster...and they were good stuff. i have BCM and aWindham built bushy

Windham makes good stuff. Remember they are the OLD Bushmaster...and they were good stuff. i have BCM and aWindham built bushy

Exactly. Good stuff for a mid priced AR. i assume its the same quality as a bushmaster.

The company has a great story behind it also.. The owner sold bushmaster. new owners were going to move the factory to a new state. old owner stepped in and reopened as "wind" as to not have his old employees left in the dust.

that's a quick rendition of the event... i have respect for wind!

Like remixer stated, great story behind them. After their five year no competition contract, which expired 9/2011 they opened the doors to all previous employees that wanted their jobs back. They give a nice colored picture card out that has pictures and short bios on the employees. It also comes with a very nice, very detailed color manual.

If you can find one buy it!! I know cabelas in hamburg had 43 of them Monday evening. The only problem is they were "SRC" pre-bans listed at 799$.