Sign in to follow this  
david8613

last time there was a gun rush?

Hey i wanted to ask those of you that have been through past gun rushes/frenzies, how long will it take for things to level out? I have been looking around the net for stuff and prices for everything are crazy!

There has never been a gun rush like this - at least not in my lifetime, and considering that stretches back to when you could order guns through the mail - even in NJ, I'd say this one is the topper.

How soon will it level out? I'd say that is up to the government and how far they are going to push this, and how far we will let them. Not to be flip, but I think that interprets to: Who knows?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There was a rush and somewhat similar price gouging by some retailers in 2008 after Obama was elected...there wasnt a lower or an AR to be had for a couple of months. Nothing as bad as NOW, since it was speculation only..this current frenzy is being fueled by a lot of politicians getting on on the Ban-Wagon. personally I think it's much Ado about nothing. Republicans hold the house, and Once the fury over Newtown dies down, and the average sheep out there is distracted by something else, all this talk of new laws, and bans will drift away

Once the fury over Newtown dies down, and the average sheep out there is distracted by something else, all this talk of new laws, and bans will drift away

I know one thing about human nature....we tend to forget things real fast.

Soon, all will be a distance memory and everyone will want to know who will win American Idol and who the Kardasians are dating.

Soon, all will be a distance memory and everyone will want to know who will win American Idol and who the Kardasians are dating.

Unfortunately, but fortunately your correct?

When Obama first got in there was a big buy up but no where near this level.

Hey i wanted to ask those of you that have been through past gun rushes/frenzies, how long will it take for things to level out? I have been looking around the net for stuff and prices for everything are crazy!

There have been other panic periods over the years, but as others have said, this is the worst. The 2008 Obama scare lasted about a year, this one is anyone's guess.

This is the worst I remember. I think this one is going to linger for quite some time. I also dont think its entirely warranted either. It would seem as though the sheeple are more panicky and flighty than ever lately. With all the BAN BAN BAN nonsense going on and flighty sheeple its very hard to predict.

Ken

I hope you're right. But, what I've been noticing from some non-firearms enthusiast friends/associates who have always supported the 2A is that the assault weapons ban should be reinstated and nobody should own an AR. Some supporters are turning. Let's hope that the Republicans in DC will stand strong when it's time to vote.