Sign in to follow this  
ZOMBIE

AR-15 NOT Used on school shooting

Doubt it will change the anti-gun sentiment to be honest with you. Guns are guns are guns to these people. They will just cite another instance where an evil assault black spec ops gun was used in a violent crime of some sort.

I posted this controversy early on and got hammered to $hit for it. Now it is surfacing again.

I agree anything is possible.

But I know on thing for sure... This forum is F'd up.

This administration has had a anti gun agenda all along and has far reaching tentacles.

Why close thread? Was an ar15 used in the shooting?

Yes. This article in the original post was created less than 24 hours after the shootings and it was incorrect on many details, including the fact that an AR was used and not "4 handguns". The firearm removed from the trunk was a shotgun, not the AR.

^Apparently the shotgun in question was a Saiga 12 at that.

When I read the news report it stated "Police are looking into the possibility that Lanza had a fourth weapon stashed in a car behind the school — an expensive high-tech Russian shotgun called a Saiga, CBS said." :facepalm:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hunt-motive-sandy-hook-elementary-shooting-article-1.1220914

Hadnt known the saiga was high tech or expensive prior to this.

Yeah apparently people can't get over that the original reports were wrong. They had the name wrong, they had the weapons wrong, they had everything wrong. But optimism bias makes people run to these old reports and say "See .. it wasn't X,Y,Z" while all the followup reports corrected the original ones.

Then some folks want to build some conspiracy theory where the medical examiner, all the cops involved, all the crime lab techs, the FBI, the ATF, and every other agency involved somehow met in a room and agreed to lie about this and not a single soul involved decided to speak out to the media.

Grow up people, falling for the conspiracy theory de jour only makes our side look foolish and grasping at straws.