emt1231

5 round magazine limit....

We should be allowed to have 30 round magazines to defend ourselves from people like his son:

The Assemblyman's son, also named John Cryan, was convicted of brutally beating a motorist with a baseball bat while two accomplices punched and kicked the victim, after a case of road rage. The younger Cryan was ordered by the court only to probation but he was later jailed for violating the terms of his sentence.

This guys whole family are a bunch of winners:

His father had been charged in Federal court with racketeering and corruption, though the judge in the case dismissed the charges due to prosecutorial mistakes and ended the proceedings against him.

"The only people who need these assault weapons are drug dealers, mass murderers and cop killers," said Codey. .....uhhhh. I think he meant to say "the only people who DON'T need these assault weapons are drug dealers, mass murderers, and chip killers" ...douchebag

This is simple. LET OUR LAWMAKERS HEAR THE VIEWS OF WE LEGAL, RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERS. Time to start writing them, and if bills are introduced, get the petitions going. Our government is supposed to be for the people, by the people, but we already know it's unbalanced. We in their crosshairs need to stand strong,be rational, educate, and leave the emotion aside. IMHO, of course.

Its sad when we have to defend even further our already trampled on rights.

Indeed, but our country was founded on this very principle - to fight for rights. Unfortunately, it's on our own soil and due to how corrupt our government has become that has gone beyond our forefather's best attempts to protect our individual Rights. Be heard. I'm sure every one of NJ's legal firearms owners is fed up with our tax money being used to battle our firearms ownership - i.e., our own money used against us. Be heard.

I'm so close to leaving this state.

Family man, peaceful, law abiding, licensed CPA, good income, children, church going, one of the good, contributing citizens in NJ.

This is too much.

I shall be joining you. This state reeks more and more everyday. I feel like this state is a lost cause.

"The only people who need these assault weapons are drug dealers, mass murderers and cop killers," "I have no problem with people who want to have a gun to hunt..." - how someone like that becomes State Sen.? He didn't go to school? He didn't study history?

2nd A. is in force to protect The People from overregulating power grabbing politicians like Richard Codey (D-Essex). So USA doesn't become USSR or PRC with tens of millions murdered by government.

looks like there is more to come........

the first of several bills he plans to introduce as part of a “gun safety” campaign.

Bills that will likely be introduced but highly unlikely to pass. We have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. Christie supported the original AWB but has said repeatedly that he will veto any additional restrictive legislation. I don't see it going through. Just as I don't see the "forced buy-backs" taking place in any such arena (be it state OR federal). These people are quacks. They're also cashing in on the "sympathy" votes. That way come re-election it will be all "Oh I supported the ban on child-killing weapons"

Furthermore, this is all media capitalism. Anyone with a microphone/recorder is milking it for all its worth. Where will they be in 6 months when none of this happens? Quietly reporting on the latest BS news.

Either way, what a bunch of quacks.

In the end, I feel there will unfortunately be a federal AWB. In addition, there will be a mag cap limit. I doubt it will be as low as 10, maybe 15.

I'm so close to leaving this state.

Family man, peaceful, law abiding, licensed CPA, good income, children, church going, one of the good, contributing citizens in NJ.

This is too much.

Don't forget to pay your nj exit tax on the way out! This state truly does suck. It's a damn shame what it's become

Of course a five round limit would effectively ban all semiauto handguns. I suppose revolver sales would pick up although I'm sure someone will propose a ban on speed loaders as well.

I was just going to say this. How many handguns and rifles already in possession have a capacity greater than 5 rounds? Way to many. I don't think such a law would be able to stand as they would be banning use of most firearms.

I neither said that nor did I imply that........all I DID say was NOT TO PANIC.........

Unfortunately most if not all posts we have of late that discuss the nonsense that we are going through, is more from a PANIC standpoint as opposed to informational and rational.

These POSTS are GOOD to bring things to the forefront so we can as a community ACT upon them, however to PANIC or fret about it,serves no purpose....see my point?

alls a day to various Lawmakers, bot in and out of your district..let them KNOW that they are not unopposed with this crap.