RubberBullets

3 Cops shot inside Gloucester PD Station

Enough with the 'retards' nonsense, I do outside work with people who have Down's syndrome to varying degrees. I am tired of so called 'normal' people like you posting shit like this.

I think one of the biggest mistakes of the CT shooting coverage was mentioning the autism the shooter had

specifically Asperger's Syndrome. Not that they said that was the reason he committed the horrendous acts,

but it's hard for people who don't know better to pass judgement and draw conclusions. i personally have a

friend with Asperger's and it's a totally harmless condition.

I do see that if not stated/reported correctly anyone with a psychological disorder is going to be seen as a potential

threat to society.

generally the way someone speaks reflects their education. Numerous studies directly relate education levels to incarceration rates. Hence, my statement.

sent from hell with a smile.

I don't see how someone using slang directly relates contributes to the downfall of society though. There has always been some form of slang from generation to generation. I agree that education levels relate to incarceration rates but that is more a socioeconomic issue.

If I call my car a "whip" or my motorcycle a "chopper" am I contributing to the downfall of society?

People need to stop being so sensitive. Because someone uses the term "retard" in a slang way it has no bearing on a child with mental retardation. In addition when kids say "gay" or "hommo" the homosexual community needs to get over it. Thin skin is the downfall of this society.

I don't see how someone using slang directly relates contributes to the downfall of society though. There has always been some form of slang from generation to generation. I agree that education levels relate to incarceration rates but that is more a socioeconomic issue.

If I call my car a "whip" or my motorcycle a "chopper" am I contributing to the downfall of society?

He said "thin skin" is causing the downfall. I think it is "political correctness". Can't hurt anyone's feelings, don'tcha know.

He said "thin skin" is causing the downfall. I think it is "political correctness". Can't hurt anyone's feelings, don'tcha know.

RonW said that.

I agree with Ron, about the 'thin skin' being a problem.

brocglock said slang was a contributing factor to the downfall of society, I don't believe that.

People need to stop being so sensitive. Because someone uses the term "retard" in a slang way it has no bearing on a child with mental retardation. In addition when kids say "gay" or "hommo" the homosexual community needs to get over it. Thin skin is the downfall of this society.

I was thinking the same thing really. I would NEVER make fun of someone with a disabilty and I do know some people who are gay but come on, I doubt no one on here hasnt used the slang terms before!

The latest.

icon_wpvi_byline.gif Action News

GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. (AP) - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man who had been arrested for allegedly stalking an ex-girlfriend overpowered an officer inside a police station, grabbed her gun and shot her and two other officers before being killed by police early Friday, authorities said.

All three wounded officers were expected to recover. Eddie Jones III, 39, of Willingboro, overpowered Officer Ruth Burns inside the station in Gloucester Township, a Philadelphia suburb, police said. He fired at her and two officers who had been in a nearby room and came rushing to aid their colleague. The two officers fired on Jones, killing him.

"This morning, the reality of a cruel world fell upon our doorstep," said Mayor David Mayer. "We thank God our officers are expected to fully recover."

Sgt. James Garber was shot multiple times and underwent emergency surgery for a gunshot wound to the abdomen; his life was saved by a bulletproof vest. He also suffered a graze wound to the head. Sgt. Kevin Thine suffered a laceration to his abdomen and a graze wound to the chin. Burns was shot in the foot. Jones, a civilian employee of the New Jersey Department of Corrections, had been arrested for stalking the home of a former girlfriend after a caller told police they saw a suspicious man lurking at about 1 a.m. He was brought back to police headquarters and when his handcuffs were removed for a brief period during processing, he lunged at Burns, knocking her down and taking her weapon, police Chief Harry Earle said. The suspect "unleashed a barrage of gunfire" at the officers, Earle said. Jones was struck multiple times by return fire and was pronounced dead at the scene, the chief said. The shooting will be reviewed by the state attorney general, as is customary with all shootings involving police officers. But Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk said initial evidence shows that the officers responded to gunfire that was initiated by the suspect, and returned fire to save their lives and those of other officers in the building.

(Copyright ©2012 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

I see a lot wrong but I don't know what their setup is like. First why is anybody processing solo...especially a female. Second why did she have her weapon on her while he was uncuffed. I despise when other people's complacency gets others injured.

Increasingly we live in a society where people do not have the ability to cope,either because of mental illness,lack of social skills or family support,however they want to be heard,searching for that modicum of respect that is all too often demanded but not earned.Then they snap deciding that violence and a glorious death is the only way to be respected and remembered.

There's no one to blame and everyone to blame. I fear we will see more of these senseless acts as we become increasingly desperate to fit in.

Well Said Sir...

Hopefully this leads to a set protocol for all stations. At least no cops got killed in the process of this event

I thought they already had them. Hell, prison guards don't carry guns for this reason. I think someone just fukd up.

All i know is, she is done. She was only 1yr on the force. She won't over come this.

I'm glad to see the officers will pull through and that the perp was "found guilty and sentenced". When I first read this story on the internet this morning the article was extremely short and left readers with conjecture to determine what actually happened. I'm not sure how quickly all of these facts were available but after all, it is typical of the media. Naturally, in light of recent events, most deduced that some crazy walked in and started shooting everyone. The anti's were all over it making statements like: "maybe they should have armed guards at the police station and this would not have happened" , etc. I mean, people were shot for crying out loud and those jacka$$es were making jokes? WTF is wrong with some people?

I thought they already had them. Hell, prison guards don't carry guns for this reason. I think someone just fukd up.

All i know is, she is done. She was only 1yr on the force. She won't over come this.

We do have protocols...I think she did f up and if so should be fired. This is very serious and almost cost other people their lives.

Increasingly we live in a society where people do not have the ability to cope,either because of mental illness,lack of social skills or family support,however they want to be heard,searching for that modicum of respect that is all too often demanded but not earned.Then they snap deciding that violence and a glorious death is the only way to be respected and remembered.

There's no one to blame and everyone to blame. I fear we will see more of these senseless acts as we become increasingly desperate to fit in.

Well Said Sir...

+1

From my experience a lot of dept's guns are placed in lock boxes when they enter processing area in the station. Is that a NJ AG guideline or just a practice a lot of dept's use for officer safety to prevent shit like this.

Speedy recovery for these guys I hope... Wonder how long till the family sues the dept for wrongful death... Smh

no it is not. it is good practice.

This has always bothered me. Everyone started using the term "WIP" because their "race" car was a "work in progress". Somehow it became a general term for car.

Sorry for off-topic but this makes me grind my teeth