Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

NJ Pro Gun Groups? Do they exist?

We are on the cusp of a big fight for 2A rights, which if we lose, we're fukked, BIG time......so where are NJ's pro gun groups? I haven't heard squat from any off them.......with the threat at the national level, and the state level, they should be rallying NJ's gun owners.....oh, that's right, they're on twitter praising articles written by other people, or praising other states organization efforts.........

As for NJ gun owners, 9 out of 10 are already accepting defeat and are trying to decide what to do with their lives when the 2A is gone, or pondering what will happen to shooting sports that require, what America refers to as 'standard' capacity magazines, but here in NJ, even gun owners refer to these magazines as 'high capacity'........

And for those of you who claim that it 'will never pass'....the same thing was said about Obamacare....think SCOTUS will save us? Seriously? Nobody expected Justice Roberts to support Obamacare as a 'tax'........

Apart from writing letters, joining the anjrpc, nj2as what else can be done ?

If these arcane laws persisted since 1960s and never got better, is there any hope at all ?

Even a shall-issue FID process is circumvented in many towns.

You can see, I am the new kid on the block. Veterans - have you seen progress in NJ laws over time at all ?

NJ2AS has been reaching out daily via emails urging "2 calls a day" to representatives:

*** URGENT CALL TO ACTION!!!

At this moment, the people who are unable or unwilling to distinguish between law-abiding gun owners and the monster who murdered little children in Connecticut, are demanding that our right to keep and bear arms (RKBA) be curtailed. While we have been in mourning with the parents and relatives of those whose lives were taken, the enemies of freedom have greedily been at work poisoning the minds of OUR representatives. We cannot remain silent while this continues unabated. We *MUST* contact our State and Federal legislators, identify ourselves as constituents and clearly state our support for the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Let them know that you TOTALLY REJECT the notion that the tragedy in Connecticut has anything whatsoever to do with responsible gun ownership.

This is not optional. Your INDIVIDUAL RKBA is at stake.

I have included the site for the NJ State Legislature below so that you can easily identify your legislators by your municipality. I am sure other states have similar websites. The Federal sites are House.gov and Senate.gov. PLEASE CONTACT THEM TODAY! If they do not hear from *US*, they will believe the lies they hear from others. Thank you.

Frank Jack Fiamingo

President - NJ2AS

"NOW IS THE TIME!!!"

"THINK MEMBERSHIP!"

NJ2AS? emember it's the holidays, OK? This isn't a short term struggle, need to be in it for the long haul.

Who you talkin bout, 9 out of 10 NJ gun owners giving up already? Names? No one I know is folding up like a cheap suit. Sounds like you have been dosed with the Feinstien Kool Aid. You been out drinkin with Liberals lately? Maybe they slipped you a Feiny. I suggest copious amounts of powder smoke inhaled deeply at your range to clear your head then call your Reps

We are on the cusp of a big fight for 2A rights, which if we lose, we're fukked, BIG time......so where are NJ's pro gun groups? I haven't heard squat from any off them.......with the threat at the national level, and the state level, they should be rallying NJ's gun owners.....oh, that's right, they're on twitter praising articles written by other people, or praising other states organization efforts.........

As for NJ gun owners, 9 out of 10 are already accepting defeat and are trying to decide what to do with their lives when the 2A is gone, or pondering what will happen to shooting sports that require, what America refers to as 'standard' capacity magazines, but here in NJ, even gun owners refer to these magazines as 'high capacity'........

And for those of you who claim that it 'will never pass'....the same thing was said about Obamacare....think SCOTUS will save us? Seriously? Nobody expected Justice Roberts to support Obamacare as a 'tax'........

I'd say No. There isn't even an NJ Pro Gun discussion board.

But there are a number of people on this board that take practice, training, and/or hunting pretty seriously. Still, not "Pro Gun." Soft-Anti.

Then why are you here??? It seems that NOTHING done here lives up to your "Standards"

Then why are you here???  It seems that NOTHING done here lives up to your "Standards"

That's why I'm here. To encourage people to raise their standards to those of normal people outside of Jersey.

And the good news is that there has been a tremendous amount of progress towards that goal since I signed up a few years ago. The difference is night and day. I don't know if my efforts had anything to do with it, but I'm good with it either way.

Why are you here?

This forum is questionable as well, everytime I try to post something about gun politics, it simply vanishes.....

it doesn't just vanish it goes to the premier member section, that is the place to talk about politics and politicians. without members stepping up and paying there would be no forums. plus you get boobies.

it doesn't just vanish it goes to the premier member section, that is the place to talk about politics and politicians. without members stepping up and paying there would be no forums. plus you get boobies.

You have to pay to advocate for gun rights on a gun rights board.

New Jersey Politics and You - You have to pay to play! :)

That's why I'm here. To encourage people to raise their standards to those of normal people outside of Jersey.

And the good news is that there has been a tremendous amount of progress towards that goal since I signed up a few years ago. The difference is night and day. I don't know if my efforts had anything to do with it, but I'm good with it either way.

Why are you here?

I encourage you to check out NJ2AS. Every day I am getting emails from them to do something.

The most important thing is to have numbers, and to even have people be aware of what is going on. Otherwise, you just have a few rabbit nuts people. Check out NJCSD... remember them?

I encourage you to check out NJ2AS.  Every day I am getting emails from them to do something.  

I will, and thanks for the reminder, I've also owed something to an NJ 2A entity for the past month.

Is NJ2AS associated with SAF? Well, I'll find out anyway, I have decided to join SAF, even though I have no specific plans to do anything with them.

I will, and thanks for the reminder, I've also owed something to an NJ 2A entity for the past month.

Is NJ2AS associated with SAF? Well, I'll find out anyway, I have decided to join SAF, even though I have no specific plans to do anything with them.

NJ2AS to the best of my knowledge not officially affiliated with any other gun group.

SAF is a national group who has been ignoring NJ for a while now, kind of like the NRA (ok, not nearly as badly as the NRA I guess. They've been involved in a couple of NJ things). NJ2AS is focused on NJ gun rights and fixing NJ's stupid laws.

I encourage you to check out NJ2AS. Every day I am getting emails from them to do something.

The most important thing is to have numbers, and to even have people be aware of what is going on. Otherwise, you just have a few rabbit nuts people. Check out NJCSD... remember them?

Oh no you didn't! :rofl:

SAF is a national group who has been ignoring NJ for a while now, kind of like the NRA (ok, not nearly as badly as the NRA I guess. They've been involved in a couple of NJ things). NJ2AS is focused on NJ gun rights and fixing NJ's stupid laws.

SAF is heading up the right to carry case in NJ. I wouldn't say they've "ignored" us; they just needed the right legal precedent first. Remember, NJ has no 2A in its Constitution and until McDonald, the 2A wasn't incorporated against the states. They had no way to challenge NJ laws in court. After McDonald, our case was filed the same year. Without McDonald and Heller, there would be no litigious course for fixing NJ gun laws.

Maybe, just maybe, the politics section should be for everyone. In these times that we are facing, it could be that we, even the "non-premium" members among us, should have access to that section. It's pretty important.

Personally, I feel that the membership should be for access to the classifieds only. But, that's me. Regardless, I feel as though the WHOLE of the community should have access to the politics area.

C

Maybe, just maybe, the politics section should be for everyone. In these times that we are facing, it could be that we, even the "non-premium" members among us, should have access to that section. It's pretty important.

Personally, I feel that the membership should be for access to the classifieds only. But, that's me. Regardless, I feel as though the WHOLE of the community should have access to the politics area.

C

The problem is, this was tried from the beginning and 90% of the posts were politics, and even though we are all pro gun here, not everyone has the same beliefs. Then people piss in each other's cerial and it divides us.

Gun rights are gun rights, politics are politics. However most people can't discuss politics without resorting to name calling and degrating others who do not agree with their opinion.

As far as the classifieds, there is a variety of reasons to have it primarily for premier members. Some of it stems from legal reasons, protecting the forum, to plain ol we had people register just to offload their stuff and then be gone. Spending 5 mins to be a premier member kind of keeps people involved on the forum. If money is an issue to anyone, the $3 it would cost to become a premier member, they can send me a pm and I would post that item for them or make an acception, in the 2 years or so, not one person has done it. In any case... $3 is still far cheaper than any fees you would pay on gunbroker. For the legal reasons, send me a pm will explain.

Lastly, the forum costs money, and recently, shit tons of money, more vendors and more premier members means less ads. I hate ads. Premier members do not have the one single ad banner they see above. Along the same lines, if someone comes here to sell something, and they contribute towards the upkeep of the forum, I am more ok with than, instead of having them register just to offload.

The other way would be minimum post counts, but than someone would just post 25 "hellos" in the intro threads.

Currently, it is a very very very good mix in terms of covering forum expenses, with enough premier members, the vendors are paying very very very very little per month, significantly less than any forum our size. Put it this way, if any vendor sells just one gun a month, the measely profit off of the transfer fee, covers their vendor costs for the month.... as opposed to the hundreds of dollars a month vendors pay on other forums. This is why we can have good FFL's, and good mixes of at home and store ffl's.

Besides that, banner ads are not really a possibility because the largest provider for sites is Google, and google has an anti firearms policy and do ban at first sight. When google drops the ban, it is across the entire network.

Hope that makes sense.

As I said, I like the fact that we have to pay to post in the classifieds. I think it's a good thing. Even just the 3 dollars is enough of a "buffer" to seperate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

As for paying for the site and the expenses, thank you for the clarification. However (please don't take this the wrong way) I really don't care. It's not my business. I am grateful for this forum, but I don't want any involvement or knowledge on how it works or is paid for.

As to the politics forum, this is a growing community. Right now we are going thru some growing pains, as is evident from just a couple of threads on here. We piss in each other's cereal all the time. Me, I just continue driving forward thru threads. Others take offense. If something says something in one of my threads I ask that we get back on track. It doesn't usually work but I give'er a go. As for my (relatively rare) for sale threads, if there is obnoxious chatter, I contact the parties involved and ask them to amend their post and THEN contact a mod to ask them to remove it. Simple stuff.

All that being said, do as you wish. This forum is your little slice of heaven.

C