Mikeythumbs

Others shooting your reloads

I know not to give others my reloads to shoot in their guns. My question is when you take people shooting with your guns do you let them shoot your reloads or do you buy factory ammo for them to shoot. Let's say I am taking a friend shooting to introduce them to the sport do I pick up a few boxes of factory stuff or let them shoot a reload I have tested an know is safe

Depends. Like Sig I have very high QC standards in place and let my kids shoot my reloads. If a close friend or family member, I will let them shoot my loads. But, if it is instruction or a semi formal session, I let them buy their own ammo so they can have the experience of buying handgun ammo in NJ and feel the sticker shock of buying a couple hundred rounds at a retail store.

On two occassions I asked people who want to shoot a pistol, but don't have a NJ FID, to go out and buy ammo and to ask to see a couple of pistols they might be interested from the display case. When they call me all pissed that they couldn't even see a pistol, let alone buy ammo, I ask just how easy it in in NJ...no charge for the first lesson. I know it was douchey, but it made them realize how difficult it is.

I've let my friends shoot thousands of my reloads. The only time I will not use my reloads

is when someone is letting me shoot their gun. In that case I will only use factory. It's not

because I don't trust my reloads, it's out of respect for their property. Some people do not

want reloads in their gun so I stick with factory.

I will let others shoot my guns with my loads, but I won't let others shoot my loads through a gun that is not mine. Not that I am worried about anything, I QC every single round but the way I am, even if I knew it was not my fault 100%, and something happened, I would still not feel right until I had whatever happen fixed on my dime, and just don't want to have top do that.

I have in the past let people shoot my reloads through their guns, of course before hand I gave the " hey look, nothing should happen, but if there was an issue, I am not liable " agreement. I've also let ( very few ) people shoot their reloads out of my gun, with the agreement that if they blow it up, they are liable. lol

I dont think it's too big of an issue as long as you trust the person, know they are competent with their reloading practices, and know that they would take responsibility.

Everyone shoots my reloads - that's all I shoot unless I'm not reloading that caliber. I use strict quality control and quite confident.

The only reloads I trust on this forum, HANDS DOWN.

other than Sigman, you guys should never let someone else shot your reloads in their gun. One mistake can cost you dearly.

My man Nick has been spot-on with the reloads he has done for me. I don't even think about it. Guess I've gone through a thousand or so so far, I don't even count. I betcha I give that Dillon more of a workout for me than he does for himself!

The only reloads I trust on this forum, HANDS DOWN.

other than Sigman, you guys should never let someone else shot your reloads in their gun. One mistake can cost you dearly.

Oh hi mr contradict! You shoot mine every time at the range in your guns!

I've gotten burned twice with reloads..1 "Factory" reload that was SUPER hot...although no damage to the gun, another, from a friend who's a competitor and never uses factory. he knew I had just bought a .38 Super so he gave me a handful of his reloads to try. One of them had been loaded one too many times and the case wall blew out just above the extractor groove, and shattered the grips on my PT1911.. No other damage..but from now on ill shoot factory or what I load myself only