NicePants

The line in the sand

Sturmgewehre makes some very good points in this video. It's something that every person who exercises his or her second amendment rights should be willing to ask themselves: What do you consider to be the breaking point? He also makes it very clear that this is not the time to panic and call for blood, but rather continue with pressure on the legislature. A lot of people have been talking about Yeager's vid about "shooting people." I feel that this video respresents us much better as a whole while getting the point across in a more subdued manner.

Sturmgewehre makes some very good points in this video. It's something that every person who exercises his or her second amendment rights should be willing to ask themselves: What do you consider to be the breaking point? He also makes it very clear that this is not the time to panic and call for blood, but rather continue with pressure on the legislature. A lot of people have been talking about Yeager's vid about "shooting people." I feel that this video respresents us much better as a whole while getting the point across in a more subdued manner.

A little bit about James Yeager's video yesterday. Apparently he released a new one today to clarify things a little.

I seen a few of his reviews a few months back, he's very well spoken and level headed. He brings up many excellent points, to his point around the 7.30 mark about LE and the military kicking in doors, those folks to join Oath Keepers

Pressure on legislature... hasn't been working, has it? And you think it still somehow might work with only a weak control of the house (with republicans)? Forgive me for being realistic, but unless

1) NO further gun control is passed, not even mag or ammo bans, which is highly unlikely, I'd say impossible (SOMETHING WILL PASS)

and

2) a REAL conservative (not Christie- we need a Reagan conservative) is elected president in 2016, along with retaining conservative control of the house and gaining seats in the Senate

...we're doomed. It's all 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It always has been with gun control. It's just a matter of time. If progressive gun control laws were fingers, toes, arms, and legs, and gun owners lost an appendage every time we "compromised" on this issue, we would be quadruple amputees by now... and I'm already having a hard time shooting with one arm, hopping on one leg.

Not. Another. Inch. Personally, I think the proverbial "line in the sand" will be at the point of actual confiscation.... not sure if something like a total semi-auto ban with NO GRANDFATHERING, making almost all of our guns illegal, will be enough. I don't think either of those things will happen now, but I do predict we take another step back. Whether it's by executive order or a deal worked with the house, we're going to be losing something. And all of us that have 15-round mags (as an example), will be made criminals with the stroke of a pen. When are we going to finally say, "no"?

The people will take all the BS they give us unless it is outright confiscation. Every one has something they will say they will value more than their gun rights, most will say "I have children and a wife" The world is going down a shitty trail to a socialized global urban waste. People wont think about losing their guns until they really need them. Remember Sandy when everyone was looking for guns/ammo?

I would add registration with ATF to that.

The people will take all the BS they give us unless it is outright confiscation. Every one has something they will say they will value more than their gun rights, most will say "I have children and a wife" The world is going down a shitty trail to a socialized global urban waste. People wont think about losing their guns until they really need them. Remember Sandy when everyone was looking for guns/ammo?

...we're doomed. It's all 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It always has been with gun control. It's just a matter of time.

So I'll see you in Trenton on February 8th? Right? We are not doomed unless we choose to be doomed.

Pressure on legislature... hasn't been working, has it? And you think it still somehow might work with only a weak control of the house (with republicans)? Forgive me for being realistic, but unless

While can understand people frustrations, but I can't believe it does nothing. Do you really think that if people just sat back and did nothing that we would be in the same place we are today? I really don't think so, and semi advocating to people that what your doing isn't doing anything isn't really the message we as a group should be putting out.

Yes ray, but presented in a way that someone not in either camp can understand. The simple logic may get through and aid us in gaining the support of what I hope is a rational majority. I will use my wife as an example. Obviously she understands the sit rep. But she speaks her mind. And when she viewed Yeagers vid, her reaction was not possitive in the least. And this is from a pro 2A mother of 2. And here is someone that has met many well aquited been there done that types.Calm voice of reason is whats needed now. MAC's video encompases this quite well.

Aka...walk quitely and carry a big stick....

Right. But everyone now is saying "scream from the rafters".... the idea being that we won't have to use our "sticks"... so when do we stop shouting, shut up, and use the sticks?

I think, *IMO* ONLY, if you think you have to use the 'sticks', the shite has really hit the fan and we are all in for a world of hurt.....the entire nation...

I pray EVERY morning and evening that cooler heads prevail and that an amicable solution can be reached... whatever that can be...this is a VERY dangerous game of poker being played...

.............because those from the far left that might say:

Screw it go for confiscation and go get them....

or, those from the right.....saying really come and try to take them........

might not realize the pandoras box will be opened and what potentially will emerge....

IMO if anyone is advocating or hoping that it comes to either of those two scenarios is seriously warped....again IMO........

I also pray for guidance and fortitude in these trying times for our country....but that is just me.... YMMV

I hope no one is hoping for that scenario. But i hope everyone is preparing for it. We all know what they are trying to do. But if we act with emotion like they do we would be labeled crazy. Keep calm and do the right thing. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Yes ray, but presented in a way that someone not in either camp can understand. The simple logic may get through and aid us in gaining the support of what I hope is a rational majority. I will use my wife as an example. Obviously she understands the sit rep. But she speaks her mind. And when she viewed Yeagers vid, her reaction was not possitive in the least. And this is from a pro 2A mother of 2. And here is someone that has met many well aquited been there done that types.Calm voice of reason is whats needed now. MAC's video encompases this quite well.

agreed, and I like the other video

and the one with Travis Haley is about as honest and from the heart as you can get