david8613

got a promotion! im so happy, but need some help with a thank you letter...

As long as it's not just your name on a assigned parking spot.... Congratulations Sir! You damn well deserved it.. but If it is? You went and fell for it you dumb F&%k! :icon_e_biggrin:

All kidding aside. Congrats.

I finally got a promotion! It was a long time coming, im so happy, but need some help with a thank you letter. Im trying not to be to ass kissy, but appreciative... any help i would be grateful...

Maybe this will start you off:

Dear Mr./Ms. __________________:

I am writing to thank you for my recent promotion. Your confidence in my abilities means a great deal to me.

Your frank advice and earnest support have been significant factors in my development. I look forward to the new challenges and opportunities for growth that this position will afford me.

Thanks again, for your help and trust. I will do my very best to surpass your expectations of me.

Sincerely,

Maybe this will start you off:

Dear Mr./Ms. __________________:

I am writing to thank you for my recent promotion. Your confidence in my abilities means a great deal to me.

Your frank advice and earnest support have been significant factors in my development. I look forward to the new challenges and opportunities for growth that this position will afford me.

Thanks again, for your help and trust. I will do my very best to surpass your expectations of me.

Sincerely,

Now thats good.

Thanks guys for the kind words, i wrote my letter very similar to whats above. Been working there for 21 years long time coming, i know my job very well and worked hard for it. any good books or websites for a new supervisor or new leadership roles? Its different when your in the trenches any advice would be appriciated...