iRescue

GOV CHRISTIE CALLS 2PM NEWS CONF TODAY

AG - "the day of shootings had several conversations with governor...those conversations as public officials...always at the end as fathers...those conversations culminated in continued conversations late Monday and today...we understand to protect most vulnerable citizens and all citizens...law enforcement expertise, substance abuse expertise, mental health expertise...focusing on only one area will leave other areas uncovered"

Q: How do you distinguish between some people calling for gun control and NRA saying its nothing to do with gun control

A: compromise with divergent groups based on what I personally think is to the right thing to do. Not worried about NRA, brady campaign, gifford, etc. but willing to *listen*, none of them have the answers even though they think they do

"craft compromises with divergent groups based on what task force comes up"

"if you spend too much time worrying about politics you never get anything done..."

Not worried about NRA? - "Not worried about NRA, or brady campain, or giffords, but will listen to all of them. None of them have all the answers even if they think they do."

"I won't make decisions until I have all the information needed"

"my obligation as governor is to put things in order here in my state...as attorney spent a great deal of time on drug trafficking cases...prosecuted guns dealer dealing in orange and east orange....we indicted that gun shop owner, in NJ, from Ohio....I am more than willing to use the laws agressively to stop the trafficking of guns into states with tougher laws"

"support the gun laws we have here in place, support the federal gov't aggressively enforcing the laws already in place"

first and only time I went. Ha..others went multiple times

yea you don't have to pass the psych, there has been many officers who fail and still hired. It is the chiefs call on the psych. I did it two times, 2 different jobs. passed both, not hard at all just stupid questions and repetitive.

NYS state legislature already moved forward to cut down on gun violence, did their speed mean they let emotion guide them? - "I have to assume that Gov. Cuomo acted with his conscience ...we're taking a more deliberative approach here in NJ, I won't be critical of his approach...in the aftermath of an event like that all of us are so offended that we want to do something quickly to make ourselves feel better and that can be a mistake."