Joeyd6

Casso's- jersey City

First time there.....walked in and the owner was being filmed/interviewed for TV. Thus I had to actually whisper in the store (its very small).

A VERY NICE woman appraoched me, greeted me with a smile and asked how she could help. All of this was out of eyeshot of the cameras and there was no apparent showboating for me or the camera. Told her I was looking for a S&W Shield. She gave me the bad news...they had none and had no ETA, but quickly volunteered to take my name and number and call me as soon as they knew they were getting them. Gave such to here. She thanked me for coming in and gave me a card.

I bought nothing and didn't get what I wanted. That said, I will be back to that store!!!! I was greeted, smiled at, addressed like they wanted me there, helped me teh best they could and thanked me for coming. First time since East Brunswick Sportman I have been treated that way. I don't mind paying a little extra to get treated like a gentlemen!

I agree. Lisa is very nice and accomodates to every customer in the way they should be treated.

I paid a good amount more than I was willing to for my 1911... I couldve paid $100 less online, but im more than happy to support her shop. Plus I didn't feel rushed to buy anything like a lot of the other gun shops do, which is pretty unsettling and uncomfortable.

The only issue is the lack of parking. I had to walk a good distance

Yup, 3.5% tax, and the store is usually full of guns. Business what it is right now, they have been very busy but they have a nice selection in stock usually. Lisa is a sweetheart and will take good care of you. She ordered a P226 for me since she didn't have one with night sights in the store in 9mm, I had it in 2 days. Can't beat their service. I've bought 3 guns from them so far, so far...lol.

I agree. Lisa is very nice and accomodates to every customer in the way they should be treated.

I paid a good amount more than I was willing to for my 1911... I couldve paid $100 less online, but im more than happy to support her shop. Plus I didn't feel rushed to buy anything like a lot of the other gun shops do, which is pretty unsettling and uncomfortable.

The only issue is the lack of parking. I had to walk a good distance

just a question, was that 100 less on the purchase price only, or in your hands ready to go On my way! With tax NICS transfer fees included on both??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just a question, was that 100 less on the purchase price only, or in your hands ready to go On my way! With tax NICS transfer fees included on both??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry, that was sticker price that I could've had for $110 less online. The SA range officer I just put in a deposit for was $899 at caso's. Summit Gun Broker is selling for $789 (no clue what that guy charges for shipping + transfer + NICS). The average online price is hovering around $800 for what I wanted, but i was convinced to go through caso's just for the way I was treated.

Caso's is a great shop and Lisa is wonderful.

My go to shop.

I go the HG in Branchburg to buy some stuff because they are 2 minutes from my work.

I traded/bought a gun at BUllet Hole because Caso's does not trade/sell used.

Besides that, Caso's gets my business.

Like a lot of other sports, support your local shop, before they aren't around any more and you need them.

I never had the pleasure to visit the store. But when I was calling around looking for a specific pistol, I called them. I spoke with a lady (never got her name). I can say,  without much exaggeration, that she was one of the nicest people I've ever talked to in a gun store. May be it was Lisa, I don't know.

I purchased my first handgun a few years back at Caso's and it was a great experience. Really nice folks and it's good to see that they are continuing with the great customer experience. If it wasn't in JC, I'd probably visit more often.
cmon..the location is part of the charm.

+1 for Caso's. I've only been there once but had a great experience. I was hunting for a P226 magazine and they were the only place I called that had them in stock. I rushed out of work and got there 10 minutes after they closed (hit Jersey City traffic coming from Parsippany, horrible). I looked through the glass and saw they were there even though the door was closed. Lady came out, invited me in and provided me with excellent service with a smile. If only they were closer to me, that would be my shop.

I made a recent purchase at Caso's. I will add to this discussion that in the end, their price was definately comparable to anything you can find now on the internet. Unlike some internet stores, they are not jacking up their prices. Unlike some other local stores, they don't act like they are doing you a big favor by talking with you and helping you. They are incredibly nice and treat you like family. IMHO, they are the "go-to" store in north jersey!

Brief experience at North jersey lgs: (in order of IMHO best to least)

1. Casos-good prices, incredibly friendly and helpful. Factoring in ffl transfer and taxes, pretty much consistent with internet pricing nowadays anyway

2.Lou's- good prices, better inventory than you might think. You will wait a long time if the store is busy-but once they are waiting on you they treat you like you are the only person there-worth it!

3. Meltzer's-premium prices but they have integrity and will treat you decent

4.Bullethole-don't be put off by the laid back attitude-they are good, straightforward people with ok pricing and they will work with you-find a time when they are not busy.

5. Rahway heritage Guild- gone a bit down hill, in my opinion. Best prices of anyone, for sure, but the inventory is way down and it is hit or miss with salespeople. They sometimes seem to work at cross-purpose with one another. Go to Easton and have them send it to NJ for free

6. .Dick's-prices are good-but they treat you like a teenage boy buying his first condom.

7. Effingers-forget it

Obviously- the above is HIGHLY subjective and is based only on my personal experience only!

Oh- and the NJgunforum is a great way to learn-very valuable info here

Brief experience at North jersey lgs: (in order of IMHO best to least)

1. Casos-good prices, incredibly friendly and helpful. Factoring in ffl transfer and taxes, pretty much consistent with internet pricing nowadays anyway

2.Lou's- good prices, better inventory than you might think. You will wait a long time if the store is busy-but once they are waiting on you they treat you like you are the only person there-worth it!

3. Meltzer's-premium prices but they have integrity and will treat you decent

4.Bullethole-don't be put off by the laid back attitude-they are good, straightforward people with ok pricing and they will work with you-find a time when they are not busy.

5. Rahway heritage Guild- gone a bit down hill, in my opinion. Best prices of anyone, for sure, but the inventory is way down and it is hit or miss with salespeople. They sometimes seem to work at cross-purpose with one another. Go to Easton and have them send it to NJ for free

6. .Dick's-prices are good-but they treat you like a teenage boy buying his first condom.

7. Effingers-forget it

Obviously- the above is HIGHLY subjective and is based only on my personal experience only!

Oh- and the NJgunforum is a great way to learn-very valuable info here

I don't want to hijack this thread, as it is about Caso's but your assessment of Heritage Guild in Rahway is spot on. About a year ago I bought a rifle there and the guy helping me was friendly and helpful. Now I go there and it's like I'm burdening them to help me. They are not rude but clearly I must be making them work too hard by asking a question and buying some ammo.

To add to this thread, I will say that I will try out Caso's since I do live in Hudson county and there is a lot of positive talk about them. How are their ammo prices?

I live in middlesex county and I've been there a couple of times. I bought my rra I think elite operator 2 from them. They gave me a really really good deal on it. They are all good people there and don't bs you. If they can get it they will and if they can't they will let you know they cant Not drag you around like some other gun shops. Great experience there

Caso's is my go to shop even though I moved from Hudson County to Union County. The service can't be beat and the 3.5% sales tax is favorable on an expensive firearm purchase, which can pay for the NICS and more with the savings. Ammo is on par but has gone up with the current times like it has everywhere.