Sign in to follow this  
zoid

Handgun Permit - 5 weeks + an hour

I went to pick up my permits at my local PD the other day. LIke normal they told me to have a seat and wait.

So I did. Half hour goes by.... 45 minutes... then an hour. Now I'm gonna be late to work. I talk to the woman

up front and mention that I've been there an hour. She tells me: "Well I told them and they are getting someone."

I ask if I can come on the weekend and she tells me only the detectives handle permits and only they can give

it to me. I find it kinda hard to believe only a detective can physically hand over permits that are already approved.

I had to leave since I was running late. Total waste of my time.

Anyone get asked to wait like this at their PD and do they have to have a special person/division handle it or do

you just pick it up at the front desk?

This is the first time it happened, but I was pretty put off by it.

Teaneck is similar. Only time you can put it in or pick it up is Thursday between 11AM and 1PM. When I was picking up my renewed permits once the detective wasn't in on that Thursday and I was told no one else could give them to me.

Zoid,

This was in Old Bridge? I have never had to pick up permits from a detective. They mail them to my house when they are ready.

Aberdeen/Matawan. They are actually one of the "better" ones in Jersey compared to some of the nightmare stories I hear

from some of you guys. But I am still a little annoyed that only one guy can hand me documents. I mean really?

Aberdeen/Matawan. They are actually one of the "better" ones in Jersey compared to some of the nightmare stories I hear

from some of you guys. But I am still a little annoyed that only one guy can hand me documents. I mean really?

Oh ok. Old Bridge does it differently. You pay for and sign your permits when you apply, then wait 4 to 12 weeks and receive them in the mail.

I had to wait an hour to get my permits extended. Not for the chief to sign them, that took 2 minutes. I walk in and pick up the lobby phone and say i am there to see "Det. so and so". Officer on other end gives me the 3rd degree on why i am there. Tells me to have a seat as Det is with someone else. 50 minutes go by and i am getting annoyed. I get up grab lobby phone and ask for detective again and say i have been waiting an hour. Low and behold 5 minutes later detective comes and and he wasnt with anyone. I think sometimes its a game to them.

My daughter just got a call from Jackson and her permits are ready. It only took 4 months. When we pick up permits from them they are there waiting at the window. I have never had to wait for a cop or detective to give them. The lady that takes the app gives the permits. 4 months later, but this was quicker than my sons ID card that was 6 months!!

Oh ok. Old Bridge does it differently. You pay for and sign your permits when you apply, then wait 4 to 12 weeks and receive them in the mail.

They mail them to you? Nice!

Well I supposed I'd rather deal with the hassle of waiting an hour than waiting four to six months like some of you guys.

But at the end of the day none of us should be waiting in the first place.

My permits were dated exactly 11 weeks and 1 day from when I submitted all the paperwork from Old Bridge Twp Police Records. Annoying, especially now with all the NICS craziness. Been waiting a few days for my NICS paperwork already