axeman_g

Zombie are amongst us...

trying to lighten the mood around here....

I always thought a Zombie Apocalypse would be started by some bio-warfare attack from a hostile nation. Or a vaccine gone bad...

But I never thought it would be self inflicted. This is some scary shiite here,

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-204_162-10014847.html

Its crazy what that crap dose to the human body. A friend of mine from high school was addicted to meth. She was one of the best looking girls in my grade now 10 years later she looks like she is 70 and she keeps going back to the shit.

As long as we continue to treat addiction as a crime, rather than an illness, our society will continue to suffer.

Stop the bleeding heart crap.

The flu is an illness. Someone smoking meth, snorting coke, getting blitzed on booze is NOT an illness. It's a case of some one that cannot control themselves.

When you call something an illness, all it does is remove the responsibility of the person.

"It's not my fault, I have an illness"

bs.

The flu is an illness. Someone smoking meth, snorting coke, getting blitzed on booze is NOT an illness. It's a case of some one that cannot control themselves.

When you call something an illness, all it does is remove the responsibility of the person.

bs.

Multiple scientific studies have shown that addiction is, in many cases, a genetic factor. You also add to that, the simple fact that poverty, depression, mental illness, etc. also lead people to substance abuse. Fun fact: most prescription pill addictions start as lawful prescriptions for a legitimate injury. Of course drug abuse is a poor choice on the part of an individual, everyone knows that. But once you have a physiological dependence on amphetamines, it is, in fact, beyond your control. That is why they call it an addiction.

But hey, just keep doing what we're doing. Throw them in jail, where they can get meth in there anyway, then let them hit the streets again in 6 months, still a junkie, then go break into your car/house to feed their pill, meth, etc. habit and then it's right back through the revolving door again.

It's working out great!

We shouldn't even release their a$$e$, keep them locked up. Sorry but I can't feel any pity towards someone who even tries it. Knowing what it does why even bother? Drug addicts are scumbags in my mind. In my psych class the percentage of people who actually ever make a full recovery is super low, like 3%. You want to throw away your life. Fine let us help you life sentence.

Multiple scientific studies have shown that addiction is, in many cases, a genetic factor. You also add to that, the simple fact that poverty, depression, mental illness, etc. also lead people to substance abuse. Fun fact: most prescription pill addictions start as lawful prescriptions for a legitimate injury. Of course drug abuse is a poor choice on the part of an individual, everyone knows that. But once you have a physiological dependence on amphetamines, it is, in fact, beyond your control. That is why they call it an addiction.

But hey, just keep doing what we're doing. Throw them in jail, where they can get meth in there anyway, then let them hit the streets again in 6 months, still a junkie, then go break into your car/house to feed their pill, meth, etc. habit and then it's right back through the revolving door again.

It's working out great!

Yeah everything is an illness is working out great isn't it. So calling it an addiction makes it okay to do whatever you feel like?

Try a little impulse control. All this mamby pamby I'm okay you're okay crap is what got us into this shit situation we are in.

No you don't let the junkie out in 6 months. Let them out when they can control themselves very simple. Can't control yourself, you stay in.

So calling it an addiction makes it okay to do whatever you feel like?

No, it does not. But you wouldn't try to "beat the flu out of someone" would you? I know you feel that people can "control themselves" or what not, but sadly that is simply not the case with amphetamine, opioid, benzo, barbiturate, etc. addictions. These addictions cause intense physical and psychological impulses, sometimes even the withdrawal symptoms can be lethal. Once again, this is not my opinion or anyone's "mamby pamby you're okay crap" it's called "medical science"

No you don't let the junkie out in 6 months. Let them out when they can control themselves very simple. Can't control yourself, you stay in.

Yeah, that's called "Rehab" and it's exactly how these types of individuals should be treated.

Addiction and drug abuse is probably as old as human history, but i don't care what anyone says, this sh*t exploded in the middle part of last century. In more ways than one, but in this way more than any other, the 1960s were a cultural timebomb that has effectively gutted the USA.

We are a ZombieNation, we're still on our feet, yeah, but there's not much going on upstairs, and no pulse to be found.

No, it does not. But you wouldn't try to "beat the flu out of someone" would you? I know you feel that people can "control themselves" or what not, but sadly that is simply not the case with amphetamine, opioid, benzo, barbiturate, etc. addictions. These addictions cause intense physical and psychological impulses, sometimes even the withdrawal symptoms can be lethal. Once again, this is not my opinion or anyone's "mamby pamby you're okay crap" it's called "medical science"

Yeah, that's called "Rehab" and it's exactly how these types of individuals should be treated.

Rehab cant be forced..if the individual doesnt WANT to be clean they never will be..Pure and simple..even when they DO "WANT" tio clean up some arent strong enough to do it.

Identify these time bombs early if they are in your circle, get away or send them on their way, while their stories are tragic, the collateral damage they do to everyone around them is the biggest evil of all, dont let them bring everyone else down with them.

I watched 2 girls i went through school with utterly destroy their family..Their father lost his business, their home, and just about everything they owned putting the girls through rehab after rehab

Growing up in Kearny , I have seen plenty of friends fall into that trap from cradle and some to grave.Genetic or not , they had one thing in common that I can remember from before they were using. Selfishness , their graitification was always ther number one priority . They were the most likely to make their mothers cry because they felt like doing whatever they felt like doing , even before they ever touched a drug. They have a disease alright ..it is called the "me" disease.

Does the flu drag the whole family down? Leave kids potless because dad's fix is more important than paying the bills? Does the flu , or diabetes , or cancer for that matter make you steal from your own mother ? To compare drug addiction , which starts as a selfish ass person with no self control making bad choices that makes them everyone else's burden , to someone suffering from an illness that is genuinely beyond their control and of no fault of their own is just wrong.

trying to lighten the mood around here....

I always thought a Zombie Apocalypse would be started by some bio-warfare attack from a hostile nation. Or a vaccine gone bad...

But I never thought it would be self inflicted. This is some scary shiite here,

http://www.cbsnews.c...2-10014847.html

Lighten the mood? Holy crap man, that was horrible. How about, riddlin, paxil, etc. all bad stuff.

Growing up in Kearny , I have seen plenty of friends fall into that trap from cradle and some to grave.Genetic or not , they had one thing in common that I can remember from before they were using. Selfishness , their graitification was always ther number one priority . They were the most likely to make their mothers cry because they felt like doing whatever they felt like doing , even before they ever touched a drug. They have a disease alright ..it is called the "me" disease.

Does the flu drag the whole family down? Leave kids potless because dad's fix is more important than paying the bills? Does the flu , or diabetes , or cancer for that matter make you steal from your own mother ? To compare drug addiction , which starts as a selfish ass person with no self control making bad choices that makes them everyone else's burden , to someone suffering from an illness that is genuinely beyond their control and of no fault of their own is just wrong.

AMEN! Not trying to spark any big drug debate here.

As a kid I always wnated to know why cousin Bobby was such a selfish brat... as a teenager I thought his rebelious attitidude was cool for about 15 minutes... as an adult I wanted to kick his ass for what he was putting the family through with his selfish addiction, petty crime antics and whiny "why me" attitude.

See I am a sick bastard... I think what people do to themselves is pretty funny, such as stupid skateboard kids and their antics. I laugh when they fall and break bones. When I raced SCCA.. I thought it was funny when I crashed and hurt myself, why because I was the one that was stupid enough to try to drive around a corner at 100mph. As long I hurt no one else it was funny, in a very stupid way.

People that willingly take meth, heroin, crack, oxi etc etc etc KNOW that they will be addicted and dont care. The reason they are trying those level of drugs is because they want to be addicted. The are missing something in their lives and hope the drug fills that void with its need, routines and dependencies. Thats funny, in a very stupid fashion.

bs.

Agreed

It's a choice. Junkies and drunks CHOOSE to shoot up or take a drink. Asthmatic's don't choose to stop breathing. Diabetics dont choose for their pancreas to shut down. calling drunks and junkies "sick" or "diseased" is taking away the personal responsibility.

There are studies that suggest a genetic link, other studies suggest it is learned (Nature vs. Nurture). We could debate this till we are blue in the face. My father was an alcoholic for my entire life. I CHOOSE to not be an alcoholic.

The people that blame their doctor for getting them addicted to pain killers are full of shit. You know when you are takeing to much. I had major back problems for a whole year and had a running script for oxy's and i only took them when i REALLY needed them. Then i had a major back surgery and i only took painkillers for 5 days afterward after that i just delt with the pain. why? because i KNEW that if i kept on takeing them i would become addicted to them. so i dont beleve anyone who claims their doctor got them hooked on painkillers, that is a bunch of crap.