JonF

Looking for a simple, 200+ lumen light for shotgun. Help?

I want to put a flashlight on my shotgun and am looking at a mag tube mount that will accept a flashlight with a 1" body. The mount i have positions the flashlight at the 9:00 position such that the tailcap will be in proximity (or just forward depending on mounting position) of your thumb so you can easily thumb the switch on without breaking too far away from your grip when the foreend is in the fwd position. I really know nothing about the quality of the myriad of lights out there and the further i read, the more one dives deeper into brand and feature confusion. I do know what my concrete needs are so with that, perhaps someone can make a suggestion?

- 200+ lumen quality led serviceable lamp

- 1" body

- uses CR123 batteries

- Simple tail cap switchgear. I want momentary on, click for constant on. No multifunction/strobe/low where you have to cycle through a lot of settings through the tail cap to get the damn thing on while under stress unless it goes on HIGH for the first click. I don't mind multiple levels of brightness, i just want it to straight to high on the first click.

- $100 cap (it seems this is certainly do-able but htere are some that cost upwards for $200 for some unfathomable reason)

I found some of the commonly recommended ones that i have to rule out but they fail for one reason or another.

4Sevens - bodies too small.

Surefire G2X Pro - you have to twist the tail cap instead of clicking for constant on.

Streamlight Scorpion X - have to keep clicking to cycle to constant on.

Fenix TK15 - no constant on from tailcap.

Steve, i can't mount a rail mounted weaponlight like a TLR on this particular gun (Benelli Supernova Tactical) so i need to get a tube body flashlight for my mag tube clamp mount. The upside is that this style gets the light much closer to your support hand so its within easy reach for quick activation without breaking grip.

You might want to look at something called "Beam Lokr" - it is an awesome little device that 'mounts' to your shotgun tube via magnets, and the other side is a 'bracket' that accepts just about any reasonable flashlight.

You can buy one of the 5 home depot checkout-line flashlights and pop it in there, you can go with one of the really nice $20 Weitta flashlights we all bought last two weeks ago (Awesome little bangers w rechargeable battery etc.).

or even a Streamlight handheld / Surefire top notch flashlights pop in tere and pop right out when you want to use it hand held etc.

Beam Lokr is probably what I will use on the M930SPX when I get around to it, mounts really easy to the tube w/ magnets and pops off when you want to take it off.

To clarify, i have a mount, i simply need a light to drop in it.

I think i found a couple solutions. The Surefire 6PX Defender in the $85 range and the PA CWL at about $65. On one hand, i'll gladly spend an extra 20 for the extra piece of mind for a well known reliable light when it counts, but he PA is a little brighter (420 for the PA vs 320 for the SF). Perhaps the extra lumens not needed though for merely lighting up your hallway.

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/6px-defender.html

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Compact_Weapon_Light_p/pawl-3bk.htm

Maglight tac light. It's one bright little 1" led light. I bought one to replace a 4 D maglight and it does just that. It's built like a tank.

Bonus, it fits on the 870 tube 1" mount!

Fits your price range too. I paid 59 at overstock.com before Xmas.

http://www.maglite.com/maglite_magtac_crowned_bezel_LED.asp

I don't usually come into this section, so I'm late to the game...but I have an Olight M20 Warrior Premium on my Supernova.

benelli.jpg

Clicky rear tailcap, momentary on or locks on to whatever mode you set it to. High I believe is ~300 lumens, medium is around 100, and low is like 20. I'm probably all wrong on those, as I've gone flashlight crazy recently. As pictured, mine has a glow in the dark rear tailcap and stainless striker bezel (both included). You can program the flashlight by twisting the head, and it then saves where you leave it - mine is in the middle setting.

Takes two 123A's, and I've kept the light attached for plenty of uses at the range...light itself has held up to 3 1/2" magnums and slugs...as pictured, the mount I used tried to come off the shotgun after ~50-75 rounds, so I reconfigured the mag tube clamp in front of the light holder (as well as use a different light holder).

M20 warrior should be under $80 shipped. I also have an Olight M21X with 600/200/20? lumens output, but it is physically bigger...but also under $100

I ended up with a rail mount that sandwiches between the barrel collar and mag cap and has a pic rail bent 90 degrees off it. The mount is made by Streamlight and is marked for a Remmmy 870 but it fits the Benelli like a glove as the mag tube diameter is identical. From there i clamped on a Gear Sector light mount which puts the end cap well within reach of your thumb when its on the grip. I like this positioning because you dont have to break grip at all to activate it. Just reach forward with you thumb and flick it on or off. Because of where the mount ends up, you have a lot of flexibility for positioning the light fore/aft to get the positioning right for your own reach. I have big hands so the light is mounted pretty far forward but there is a couple inches of real estate on the light body that you slide back on to get it closer. For the light, i have the Surefire 6PX Defender. Its a simple clicky endcap with only 2 settings: momentary and click for on. No highs/lows/strobes.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg