eshepp007

Remember in November

So the Assembly Democrats just railroaded through, on party lines, their "gun control" bills. 24 bills in one day, sure sounds like Dems gave the pro-2A folks who went to Trenton today to voice their opposition to this during public comment plenty of time.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to remember this in November. The rest of you should, too. Cause there will be Dems who railed roaded this through and then will ask and need our support this November.

They're not getting mine.

This needs to be remembered by all and we need to campaign against them and educate as many people as we can between now and then and keep it up. This state is just shy of impossible to get changed, but I think we can with the right effort, even if not completely changed, picking away 1 by 1. Today ration of pro vs. anti in Trenton should give a clue that we can make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hate to bust bubbles here, but you'd have to check these peoples opposition, doubt there will be ANY alternative to these legislators who are up for re-election.....why do you think they all get voted back in?

There. Is. No. Alternative.

NJ's election districts are traditionally heavily gerrymandered.

The Republicans won the NJ congressional redistricting so the delegation is split 50-50, but the Democrats won the latest state legislative redistricting. The more annoying ones from the indigo-blue districts aren't leaving, unless they're carried out by the paramedics or lead out by the FBI in handcuffs.

The best we can hope for is Christie vetoing laws, and that he's followed by another Republican governor who vetoes lots of laws. (Which, given NJ's political history over the last 50 years, may be like drawing to an inside straight.)

http://media.lehighv...50410-large.jpg

http://media.lehighv...e1901568216.jpg

Hate to bust bubbles here, but you'd have to check these peoples opposition, doubt there will be ANY alternative to these legislators who are up for re-election.....why do you think they all get voted back in?

There. Is. No. Alternative.

So we should just give up?? I will when I'm dead, it ill tell ya, I'll have left a fighting daughter that will continue long after I'm gone.

NJ's election districts are traditionally heavily gerrymandered.

The Republicans won the NJ congressional redistricting so the delegation is split 50-50, but the Democrats won the latest state legislative redistricting. The more annoying ones from the indigo-blue districts aren't leaving, unless they're carried out by the paramedics or lead out by the FBI in handcuffs.

The best we can hope for is Christie vetoing laws, and that he's followed by another Republican governor who vetoes lots of laws. (Which, given NJ's political history over the last 50 years, may be like drawing to an inside straight.)

Back in the mid 90's when I was in Vegas shooting the APA nationals I was at the table between matches, I was pulling for a king of hearts for the royal and pulled a diamond, yup a king just the same, I missed the big payoff, but I still pulled off the straight, so I'll keep my hopes up, won't hold my breath, but I sure as heck ain't giving up. If anything, things like today only should be lighting fires under people's butts to get them motivated to do everything they can. I sure think this fight is a lot easier than the alternative, because when it comes down to it, they are not taking the 2A away without it getting real ugly and something I don't want to see happen.

Anyone know how many incumbents wee voted out last November?

In New Jersey? In the 2012 congressional elections? Zero.

In the 2011 state midterms, the Democrats picked up 1 seat, I think. (This is apparently the typical pattern for midterm elections in NJ.)

http://www.nytimes.c...-flat.html?_r=0

http://www.politifac...ernor-more-48-/

Given Christie's rock-star popularity, they might pick up one or two seats in November -- but it probably won't be enough to make much of a difference.

Remember before november.

Ignore party lines. If it was a Dem, and their is a primary, you NEED to switch your party affiliation to D so you can vote agianst them in the primary. You need to contribute, even if it is small sums, to any opponent of these people regardless of alignment.

Even if their opponent is anti, which is better? An anti who jsut got told they can do what they want, or an anti that just saw an anti who won't listen can be replaced that you cna contact and tell them you are democrat constituent who contributed to their campaign and you won't be again if they don't listen.

We have to take EVERY opportunity to get htem out of office. A specific D off the ticket is better han an R who lost.

Ignore party lines. If it was a Dem, and their is a primary, you NEED to switch your party affiliation to D so you can vote agianst them in the primary. You need to contribute, even if it is small sums, to any opponent of these people regardless of alignment.

Even if their opponent is anti, which is better? An anti who jsut got told they can do what they want, or an anti that just saw an anti who won't listen can be replaced that you cna contact and tell them you are democrat constituent who contributed to their campaign and you won't be again if they don't listen.

We have to take EVERY opportunity to get htem out of office. A specific D off the ticket is better han an R who lost.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere and it's a really good idea.

I'm in district 3 (Gloucester) and I pulled up the election results from 2011. We had one republican assembly seat that we lost. The reason that I looked up the results is to see by how much each person won by. Sweeney won by approximatly 5k votes and the two assembly positions were less than 3k if my memory serves me correct. These are not high figures and can certainly be overcome if the word gets out and we get organized.

Remember remember the fifth of November... or whenever the hell the elections are.

Earlier than that. If you want to make them pay, you have to stay plugged in and up to date. Registration deadlines are mid October. You want to be sorted well in advance, in case problems come up. There's the campaign contributions. There's primaries. There's being aware of ALL the races, and participating at what level you can in ALL of them, not just your own district. Nag the crap out of every one you can. All the time. Need to burn some PTO, call up well in advance and try to set up meetings with them to discuss stuff. You want them, whenever gun control comes up, to think " I really don't want to put up with this crap again."

You want the dialogue to change in NJ, look at the sponsors of those bills, and keep in mind that a primary goal should be the ABSOLUTE political destruction of all those people.

Well, for those looking to teach Dems a lesson in November, the NJGOP has made no secret it finds the entire District 1 race, 1 Senate, 2 Assembly, the most likely to pick up seats in, the margin of victory for Assembly was 1,051 votes in 2011. With Frank Balles now on the ticket, the NJGOP sees the District 2 Senate seat as a likely pickup, as well.

I am not commenting as to the accuracy of the NJGOP's assessment. I am merely pointing out to those who have given up in November there are AT LEAST 4 real good chances to send a message. AT LEAST.

I just printed this out myself so I thought I'd share.

Here is the form to change your party affiliation to Democrat:

http://www.state.nj....form-062011.pdf

You can print and complete the Political Party Affiliation Declaration Form and mail or deliver to the Commissioner of Registration in your county or you can also file it with your municipal clerk. These cards are also available at your local Commissioner of Registration Office.

The Commissioner of Registration cannot accept faxed copies or an electronic transmission of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms, since an original signature is required.

You have 55 days before the next Primary to change your affiliation:

A registered voter currently affiliated with a political party who wishes to change their party affiliation must file a Political Party Affiliation Declaration Form 55 days before a Primary Election.

A registered voter currently not affiliated with a political party may declare their party affiliation up to and including Primary Election day.

My plan is to change to Unaffiliated rather than Democrat. That way I can choose Democrat at the poll on Primary day and switch back to Unaffiliated the next day. There isn't enough soap in this world to be registered as a Democrat for longer than 24 hours at a time.

What a coincidence! I just sent the form in last night!

I think it sucks that they automatically register you as a member of the party whose primary you vote in. I like to take George Washington's advice and avoid political parties as much as possible, but NJ does everything in its power to stick you in a party.

*head desk*

You know what, I like how you think. Fortunately for me, we already have good people representing us (McHose, Chiusano, Oroho) who win by a landslide but I am thinking of donating to candidates in other districts. I'm open to recommendations of vulnerable ones. For sure though I will be donating against Cryan and Mainor.