Sign in to follow this  
chris327

looking for a 9mm not sure RIA 1911, FNS, 92fs

Im looking to get a new 9mm. Was originally all for the FNS 9mm. But now im thinking about a RIA 1911 tactical 9mm. And ive always wanted a 92fs so a used 92fs is an option. Mainly a range gun, but will also be a backup SD gun. I have not shot the ria 1911 or the fns. Ive held the fns but couldnt find the ria in stock locally. The fns is nice but the grip im not sure if i will like, it has a rough texture. The 1911 would be nice for new shooters as im sure that is one of the softest shooting 9mm's. but the 1911 is only 9rd mags. which is kind of disappointing for a 9mm. hoping to have close to 15 in a 9mm. anyone have any reasons to sway me 1 way over the other, positive or negative feedback on the listed firearms?

i assume you have one, any issues with it?

My Dad has the FNX45, its the hammer fired version. We go to the range together, so I get to shoot it all the time. No issues, is very accurate, and the sights line up instantly when I draw. No complaints. It also came with 3 15 rd mags, thats a lot for a 45. Not sure how many rounds the 9mm holds.

Walther p99?

never even looked at the walther.

You should get a RIA and a 92. Two completely different platforms but both great

yea i want to get all 3. but im not rich, going to sell some stuff to buy some new stuff. will be posting soon. Maybe ill sell enough to get 2.

My Dad has the FNX45, its the hammer fired version. We go to the range together, so I get to shoot it all the time. No issues, is very accurate, and the sights line up instantly when I draw. No complaints. It also came with 3 15 rd mags, thats a lot for a 45. Not sure how many rounds the 9mm holds.

yea all the other fn's ive shot are nice. but the fns being the newest one out is still questionable on now.

I think the 9mm FNX holds 17. You would have to get them pinned.

There are advantages to a Beretta.

#1. It holds 15 Jersey Legal rounds.

#2. The magazines are cheap and you can always find parts.

#3. It's a sweet shooter.

#4. You will become taller, more handsome and a better dresser and the most interesting man at parties.

Beretta is the only gun company I know of that also makes leather bound hip flasks - you aren't just buying a gun, you are buying a lifestyle.

Ok, well in that case...

1911 9mm.... great guns, you can get 10 round magazines from Tripp, Wilson and Dawson. The RIA is nice, however it is an entry level 1911 and it will be missing some features. Don't buy mediocre unless you have no choice.

Having said that... your choice is between a Beretta 92fs, or the FNS 9mm.

One is polymer and striker fired, the other is a Steel and hammer fired. Both good in their own right, but very different to shoot. I would probably prefer the polymer 9mm for faster shot to shot and transitions. The 92fs will likely feel better for new shooters as it will soak up recoil, but heavier mass to swing around.

FNS = 10 round mags unless you go compact, as full size is 17.

92fs = 15 round mags, more of them around too as the gun has been around for a while.

Both solid guns to start with, the FNS will likely run cheaper, and be closer to a 1911 type gun... based on grip angle and trigger.

92fs is a classic.... that I learned to shoot on, however I still have not bought one for myself. plus, not a fan of slide mounted safeties.

I just picked up an old school S&W 659,LNIB,9mm,14-15 round mags depending on the maker. Had one back in the mid-80's (think Miami Vice) It was a pleasure to shoot back then. Haven't shot the new one yet,may keep it,may not.My point beng don't rule out a used gun.

I think the 9mm FNX holds 17. You would have to get them pinned.

There are advantages to a Beretta.

#1. It holds 15 Jersey Legal rounds.

#2. The magazines are cheap and you can always find parts.

#3. It's a sweet shooter.

#4. You will become taller, more handsome and a better dresser and the most interesting man at parties.

It's true, this happened to me!

Beretta is the only gun company I know of that also makes leather bound hip flasks - you aren't just buying a gun, you are buying a lifestyle.

Well worth the price. :)

(yes, I am a Beretta fanboy. I have mangasms over all the beautiful Berettas that I can't afford to own)

just want to update everyone, just ordered the fns 9mm. they said it was in stock but i need to wait for 10rd mags. excited to get it though. Not sure if i have small hands or not but the 92fs grip seemed wide, i needed to shift my grip to hit the mag release. the fns i had no problem and didnt have to change my grip. was very comfortable in my hand. ill post reviews pics and info on njgf one i do get it and get some rounds through it.