bulpup

Elevator murder experiment

Its amazing that someone though this was a good idea. Something inside me feels like they would be the first people to cry foul if someone dropped a knee into that guys face.

Its amazing that someone though this was a good idea. Something inside me feels like they would be the first people to cry foul if someone dropped a knee into that guys face.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Or it's a good thing I wasn't there! The attacker would have several stab wounds in his back from my due diligence! Gibbs Rule #11: ALWAYS CARRY A KNIFE!!

It's only Fun & Games til someone like me shows up!

Dave

for everyone saying they would stab the guy in the face.. or all that.. you might want to reconsider your immediate gut reflex.... what you see may not be what you think you see... either one of those could be the "god guy"... neither of those could be the "good guy"... a gun has its advantage of distance and ability to draw it and demand that they stop.. but jumping in the middle of that with a weapon may net you a very undesirable result... what if the one doing the strangling got the weapon away from the other individual... and now you are stabbing the "good guy" in his face...

carrying a weapon demands a lot of caution.. deploying that weapon requires a ton of consideration when you are unsure of the circumstances..

I am sure I would do something.. but I don't think I would pull my gun out and start blasting people..

Did the last guy really get ready to take a f'n picture? These are the types of people who recently decided it was a better idea to take a picture of the man about to get hit by a subway train instead of trying to help.

What is wrong with people these days. If I was the guy getting choked here I would have gotten up and shoved that camera phone up his ass.

Did the last guy really get ready to take a f'n picture? These are the types of people who recently decided it was a better idea to take a picture of the man about to get hit by a subway train instead of trying to help.

What is wrong with people these days. If I was the guy getting choked here I would have gotten up and shoved that camera phone up his ass.

Identify..the camera man could have been next..

for everyone saying they would stab the guy in the face.. or all that.. you might want to reconsider your immediate gut reflex.... what you see may not be what you think you see... either one of those could be the "god guy"... neither of those could be the "good guy"... a gun has its advantage of distance and ability to draw it and demand that they stop.. but jumping in the middle of that with a weapon may net you a very undesirable result... what if the one doing the strangling got the weapon away from the other individual... and now you are stabbing the "good guy" in his face...

carrying a weapon demands a lot of caution.. deploying that weapon requires a ton of consideration when you are unsure of the circumstances..

I am sure I would do something.. but I don't think I would pull my gun out and start blasting people..

Excellent point. So maybe jump into elevator, pull emergency knob and start screaming& kicking, and then if that doesn't work, it's slice & dice time? Hard to call........

But more troops have been killed by friendly fire than these two clowns will ever worry about the way they pulled this stunt!

Identify..the camera man could have been next..

There was a news article about this video. They said that some of the "reactions" were staged, including the one with the gun and the cell phone picture.

I dont care WHO you are! You are committing a felonius assault and need to go down until I can figure out what is up.. Cop, thug, it doesnt matter. A crime is being committed. I am not just gonna stand there and watch. A cop would identify himself, immediately

ruling out a bunch of options.

There was a news article about this video. They said that some of the "reactions" were staged, including the one with the gun and the cell phone picture.

That's a good point. It is a viral video to promote a movie. The whole thing could be fake, like that guy landing the plane with one wing.

If this is real, it must be NYC.

I can get on a subway in NYC right now, a car filled with 40 people, and bash one person's brains in with a hammer until they are spilling out on the floor.  And nobody will do anything to stop me except text on their cell phones.

What would I do?  I'd command him to stop and then I'd shoot him if he didn't.  No need to make it any more messy than that.  There is no justification for executing someone, and every justification to use deadly force in defense of a third party that should be reasonably in fear for their life. Not to mention a murder in progress..

Yep you nailed that one. I had a link to a promo site that discussed of this video actually got people to see the movie.

It was made by the people that made the gorilla withe the AK video for planet of the apes.

Cant pull it up at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get on a subway in NYC right now, a car filled with 40 people, and bash one person's brains in with a hammer until they are spilling out on the floor.  And nobody will do anything to stop me except text on their cell phones.

What would I do?  I'd command him to stop and then I'd shoot him if he didn't.  No need to make it any more messy than that.  There is no justification for executing someone, and every justification to use deadly force in defense of a third party that should be reasonably in fear for their life. Not to mention a murder in progress..

People don't text in the subways. There's no reception. They play pointless video games instead.

I dont care WHO you are! You are committing a felonius assault and need to go down until I can figure out what is up.. Cop, thug, it doesnt matter. A crime is being committed. I am not just gonna stand there and watch. A cop would identify himself, immediately

ruling out a bunch of options.

You are assuming a lot about your skill set and ability to react clearly in an extremely stressful situation... Do the people you are yelling at even speak English? Again I'm not saying to do nothing but I am saying there is a ton to consider when you get involved in something like that... Legally and morally

You are assuming a lot about your skill set and ability to react clearly in an extremely stressful situation... Do the people you are yelling at even speak English? Again I'm not saying to do nothing but I am saying there is a ton to consider when you get involved in something like that... Legally and morally

If somebody is garroting somebody else there is not a lot to consider except "Where is Bad Guy #2?" and "Stop Bad Guy #1."This happens to be a situation where both the moral and legal issues couldn't be any clearer.

If somebody is garroting somebody else there is not a lot to consider except "Where is Bad Guy #2?" and "Stop Bad Guy #1."This happens to be a situation where both the moral and legal issues couldn't be any clearer.

Except you have no idea what led up to the situation... If someone tried to strike me with a club... And I got it away from them... There is a strong chance I would hit them back with it... If you walked in on the situation after I got the weapon away I would clearly look like the aggressor... Even if I'm using excessive force what you would not know is that force was brought on by being attacked... There is only clarity if it is happening to you... And you know the circumstances from the begining... Anything else is just a good guess...

Except you have no idea what led up to the situation... If someone tried to strike me with a club... And I got it away from them... There is a strong chance I would hit them back with it... If you walked in on the situation after I got the weapon away I would clearly look like the aggressor... Even if I'm using excessive force what you would not know is that force was brought on by being attacked... There is only clarity if it is happening to you... And you know the circumstances from the begining... Anything else is just a good guess...

Are you serious?

There is never legal justification for garroting someone to death, no matter what led up to it.

And, even if there is, you basically just ruled out interfering in ANY murder in progress, because this is the most extreme possible scenario.

You don't garrot someone to death in self-defense. Can I conjure a scenario where it might happen? Yes. Has it ever happened? I'd like to see any case where it met a self defense exception to murder in a US court in the last 100 years.

By the way, I said I would command him to stop. Then I would shoot him. Do the circumstances leading up to the event matter when he has a guy pinned, is garroting him to death, and refuses to stop when commanded at gunpoint?

I will say this. You would have a much better argument saying you didn't know the circumstances that led up to someone on a NYC subway using a hammer to smash the brains out of a rider's head onto the floor. That's not nearly as clear cut as somebody garroting another person from behind.

Are you serious?

There is never legal justification for garroting someone to death, no matter what led up to it.

And, even if there is, you basically just ruled out interfering in ANY murder in progress, because this is the most extreme possible scenario.

You don't garrot someone to death in self-defense. Can I conjure a scenario where it might happen? Yes. Has it ever happened? I'd like to see any case where it met a self defense exception to murder in a US court in the last 100 years.

By the way, I said I would command him to stop. Then I would shoot him. Do the circumstances leading up to the event matter when he has a guy pinned, is garroting him to death, and refuses to stop when commanded at gunpoint?

I will say this. You would have a much better argument saying you didn't know the circumstances that led up to someone on a NYC subway using a hammer to smash the brains out of a rider's head onto the floor. That's not nearly as clear cut as somebody garroting another person from behind.

My initial comment was not directed at you... It was directed at those comments in the begining about stabbing the guy in the face or whatever was said... Sure in this situation it is pretty clear... But for this one situation there are a million situations where it would be far less clear...

On topic: In the clip below, what looks like mugging is actually staged for some tv show or something, but the dude in the stripes in thinks it's real and "helps"....... ooops

And this is why my mother taught me growing up playing pranks and effin around can end badly .. I guess this is what she was talking about.. :lol: