Are you being serious?

Actually he is, And he's correct as well, what are considered "Native Americans" actually migrated here from Asia a couple of thousand years agoi when the Aleutian Chain was still a land bridge connecting North America and Siberia

For all intensive purposes I think that would qualify them as natives more than you or I or any settlers that came here.

Intents and purposes, please.

Casting dispersions on Rutgers education whilst using an absurd malapropism doesn't help at all.

Let's confuse them then. We'll gather 1 million GI Joes and line them up along strategic choke points... When they see them and start laughing, we'll flank them and glue all their car door locks closed and take over the state house! Go Joe! ;)

LMAO Because he i so sadly right!!!! No slingshots! Also no mace or pepper spray for a woman to use against a potential rapist. Tasers are also illegal and you need a permit to buy a BB gun.

This State is out of control and I want to change it by putting people with common sense in political office.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Maybe you don't believe they are Native Americans ...that's your choice. If you don't want to be pc yourself, Asians didn't come from Asia nor Europeans from Europe. And where-ever your family came from before they came to America most likely is not native to you either because their ancestors came from somewhere else also.

Even if we narrowed the results for the American Indians to the last thousand years, they would still have been here. For all intensive purposes I think that would qualify them as natives more than you or I or any settlers that came here. The overwhelming majority of all Internet search engines agree that they are indeed Native Americans. And by the way, "Attacking settlers" has nothing to with the issue at all.

If Rutgers is where you gained your knowledge of history, I'd ask for a refund.

My apologies to the OP for going so far off topic, but it seems we can't make innocent comments any more without people putting them under a magnifying glass and finding some perceived fault. The use of foul language as a means to somehow bolster the validity of ones opinion is juvenile and rude (even if it is followed by a smiley face.) If it was a joke... I don't get it.

But questing ones intelligence isn't juvenile or rude? :facepalm:

But questing ones intelligence isn't juvenile or rude? :facepalm:

lol it's ok, when I see them in the next mensa mag I'll think more of those comments.

Indians are not native to NA nor did they live a peaceful existence prior to settlement by the Europeans. Not one Indian nation could lay claim to their tribe's 'ancestral homeland' for more than 400 years prior to the Europeans. Mayan dialect, for example, has similar language characters as 2nd and 3rd Chinese dynasties and has been found as far north as BC in primitive settlements. In fact, Chinese culture and writings was used to help decipher some of the archeological record. Interestingly enough however, no DNA connection can be made which indicates that migration and conquest and the natural taking of style, some culture, etc occurred.

There have been teepee like structures found in the record of middle Asia older than when the NA indians were known to have developed the structure etc etc....

There exists a plethora of evidence to state that Indians originated from Asia. The migration is not unlike what we know about Asian and European migrations.

Hey, I never said the Europeans weren't fks either by the way, of course they were bastards by today's standards as was some of the things our own gov't did. The indians did the same to one another let's not forget.

many people really haven't a clue about history and sadly, it's on display here but considering a majority of Americans read at or below an 8th grade level and 70% claim to be unable to balance a checkbook, I am not surprised.

perhaps my attempt at a little sarcasm was not done properly but anyone discounting the historical record of what I said is going find out that what I've said is correct. To the OP, I apologize

LMAO Because he i so sadly right!!!! No slingshots! Also no mace or pepper spray for a woman to use against a potential rapist. Tasers are also illegal and you need a permit to buy a BB gun.

This State is out of control and I want to change it by putting people with common sense in political office.

agree

I'm surprised contractors do not need a special permit for nail guns

I don't think anyone has brought this up yet but sorry if I am repeating this. If you sign up for the draft doesn't that make you part of the militia sort of? You basically can be called apon to fight in time of war if congress finds it necessary. I could be wrong though...

I don't think anyone has brought this up yet but sorry if I am repeating this. If you sign up for the draft doesn't that make you part of the militia sort of? You basically can be called apon to fight in time of war if congress finds it necessary. I could be wrong though...

No it does not make you part of the militia. They can't even call you up unless they change the law. The draft was substantially changed after the Viet Nam war. However, under the NJ statutes anyone between the ages of 17 and 45, US citizens or intending to become one is a member of the militia.

http://statutes.laws...n-38a-1/38a-1-2

38A:1-2. Composition of militia

38A:1-2. Composition of militia

The militia, except as hereinafter provided, shall consist of all able-bodied citizens of this State and all other able-bodied persons residing in this State who have made a legal declaration of intent to become citizens of the United States, who are at least 17 years of age and, except as hereinafter provided, not more than 45 years of age, and such other persons as may upon their own application be enlisted or commissioned therein in accordance with federal or State law and regulations.

So there's two threads in one here, and my thoroughly diluted two cents . . .

On joining a militia: only if it was legally organized, Constitutionally-minded and/or raised in the wake of some national crisis, not like some of those nutbags out West in the 90s.

On Nativity: I was born and raised here. That makes me a native American. I claim NO connection or loyalties whatsoever to the countries and empires my ancestors escaped. I am a native American whose distant ancestors came from northern Europe. The Indians are/were native Americans whose distant ancestors came from various parts of Asia. In my book, that makes us both nothing more than just plain old Americans today. The "distant ancestors" part of the descriptions can be canceled out. If they want to deny that, or create some artificial differentiation, I understand the motivation, but it doesn't make them any more native than I. So I find these naming conventions absurd.

On Nativity: I was born and raised here. That makes me a native American. I claim NO connection or loyalties whatsoever to the countries and empires my ancestors escaped. I am a native American whose distant ancestors came from northern Europe.

Creole, maybe? :)

http://en.wikipedia..../Creole_peoples :

"...originally referred to locally born people with foreign ancestry."

This guy and a duck walk into a bar..... The bartender said...

Typos courtesy Apple...

A cop arrives at the scene of an accident... He walks up to the wreckage and...

Typos courtesy Apple...

There once was a man from Nantucket.... Whose.... Ehem...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Why do you keep doing this? I don't get it.

Because this thread was suppose to be about the militia. Instead, it turned into an almost duck and cover. Who gives a sheit who was here first or where they came from? That should be a different thread... This is how bashing and posts getting locked start. I'm merely trying to break stride and get people to think.

Get back on topic. But see? I broke your stride... ;)

Why do you keep doing this? I don't get it.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Because this thread was suppose to be about the militia. Instead, it turned into an almost duck and cover. Who gives a sheit who was here first or where they came from? That should be a different thread... This is how bashing and posts getting locked start. I'm merely trying to break stride and get people to think.

Get back on topic. But see? I broke your stride... ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Ok. So basically just upping your post count, got it.

Question for you, why do you type above whatever it is you are quoting? Every other person on this forum quotes whatever they want and then types their response below it, but you do the exact opposite of that. Why?

Because the quote is meant to be a reference. Most can skim it quickly if they've been following it. The new post should be on top... Just because it's done the way you mentioned, doesn't make it correct. But to each their own. Oh, and I can care less about post counts.

What I do care about is subjects staying on point as best as possible. I'm not a mod here nor do I care to be. Been there, done that. But it would be nice if we could maintain integrity...

I read threads like this to try gain knowledge. Not to read people fighting about another subject all together which very well, may end up in someone arguing.

So maybe now you see my point. You don't want to read my half baked jokes which are clearly out of context, but other outside subject matter is ok?

This is not directed at you. It's directed at any and all guilty parties that do this in any thread, so don't take/make it personal. Maybe it can be considered a hijacked thread which is wrong at times too. But it does get tiresome... Cheers...

:)

Ok. So basically just upping your post count, got it.

Question for you, why do you type above whatever it is you are quoting? Every other person on this forum quotes whatever they want and then types their response below it, but you do the exact opposite of that. Why?

Typos courtesy Apple...

This is just a pet peeve to me because it is so uneasy on the eyes. To be reading through pages of a thread and then you see one post that is not like the others.

When you are scrolling down a page and you get to the next post and you can easily see the person making the comment and who they are responding to and then start reading their reply it is much easier on the eyes. Instead of having to scroll down to see who you are responding to and then scrolling back up to read the reply.

Because the quote is meant to be a reference. Most can skim it quickly if they've been following it. The new post should be on top... Just because it's done the way you mentioned, doesn't make it correct. But to each their own. Oh, and I can care less about post counts.

What I do care about is subjects staying on point as best as possible. I'm not a mod here nor do I care to be. Been there, done that. But it would be nice if we could maintain integrity...

I read threads like this to try gain knowledge. Not to read people fighting about another subject all together which very well, may end up in someone arguing.

So maybe now you see my point. You don't want to read my half baked jokes which are clearly out of context, but other outside subject matter is ok?

This is not directed at you. It's directed at any and all guilty parties that do this in any thread, so don't take/make it personal. Maybe it can be considered a hijacked thread which is wrong at times too. But it does get tiresome... Cheers...

:)

It may also be how you set up your preferences. I access the forum mostly from my ipad... I have my prefs set to show newest messages first... Just makes it easier...

Anyway, lets get back on track... You're making me guilty of my own peeve.

Carry on bro... ;)

This is just a pet peeve to me because it is so uneasy on the eyes. To be reading through pages of a thread and then you see one post that is not like the others.

When you are scrolling down a page and you get to the next post and you can easily see the person making the comment and who they are responding to and then start reading their reply it is much easier on the eyes. Instead of having to scroll down to see who you are responding to and then scrolling back up to read the reply.

Typos courtesy Apple...

It may also be how you set up your preferences. I access the forum mostly from my ipad... I have my prefs set to show newest messages first... Just makes it easier...

Anyway, lets get back on track... You're making me guilty of my own peeve.

Carry on bro... ;)

But you are the only person who quotes people the way you do. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :wild: :wild: :wild: :wild: :wild:

But...fine back on topic. American Indians are not technically native Americans because they immigrated from somewhere else and settled here.

O wait that isn't the topic of this thread.

Why aren't there any militias in NJ? Umm....why aren't there any militias in the bluest of blue states which leads the way in common sense gun control laws. Truly a question for the ages. :picknose: