Johnk-NJ

Anyone have serious trouble with a New Frontier lower?

It seems like the week point might be where the buffer tube screws in?

It's a weakness with any lower, really. I've seen aluminum lowers fail there when mortared to clear a bolt override malfunction. It's an area that NFA reinforced when they introduced improvements to the Plum Crazy design.

It's a weakness with any lower, really. I've seen aluminum lowers fail there when mortared to clear a bolt override malfunction.

I am going to disagree here due to the overal generalization you are making when considering all aluminum lowers to be equal.

If the lower is built to the meet or exceed the specs of the TDP (in tolerances, materials, and manufacturing processes) it is exceedingly rare for the receiver to fail without intentionally targeting that portion of the rifle. The receiver extension will fail way before you reach the force necessary to damage the actual receiver.

Hobby guns are a different story, but then you are comparing apples to ducks.

No issues with mine, but some of the holes for the various pins and controls are rather tight. I had to file a few thousandths off the mag release latch and button to get them to slide freely. The takedown pins are purportedly always tight for all receivers, but not tight enough to have to alter anything although you will need a punch or something like that to get the pin started.

Everyone that I grabbed to assemble for people, ALL, had to be hand fitted for all pins and mag release etc.... One actually had to have the rear of it relieved where the tube screws in as it was so meaty the charging handle would not retract..

I saw one with the exact same issue. Had to be lightly filed so the charging handle could freely move. No big issue though.

I think it's better that a little hand fitting needs to be done. Better to be tight than loose.

Kind of an old topic but I thought I would add to it..... I have a few of the NFA Polymer lowers. I have to say I've been quite impressed so far. I have heard and have read all of the stories about the lowers failing but have not had any problems with Mine. A few friends liked the way they shoot and feel when we went to the range a few months back that they went and bought lowers and I helped them put together rifles. Everyone seems very happy so far.

I have about 100 rounds through a back up rifle I have and about 600 rounds though another no problems and all of my mags except one tapco (out of 50) drop free.

Here are of two of my girls, Belinda on top and Christie on the bottom.

150651889.jpg

I guess as with anything, there is a chance that you may end up with the unlucky one that fails. In that case hopefully you will not get hurt (in the event of a dynamic failure) and they will honor the Warranty.

anyway just tossing out my $.02