02gixxersix

Am I the only one that will be boycotting online sellers with huge markups/

I need to make a list of the online ammo suppliers that are price gouging. I think it's ridiculous that they are taking advantage of this situation. I can understand private sellers price gouging to an extent, but unless these businesses are paying a ridiculous premium (which they are not), the markup is insane. If local stores can sell at reasonable prices so can the online retailers, and the charge up to $1.50 a round for .223 is just stupid. I won't be buying from a lot of places anymore.

Hell no I never bought any ammo after the panic, if you see me buying ammo from here. It was only because it was a regular price or barely a mark up.

But people do spend $$$$ because they want to keep shooting and got $$$ to play with.

The only online store I regularly buy from is cabelas

I refuse to buy anything at a crazy markup. I'll pay a few extra bucks but my AR build is on hold as are my ammo purchases unless I buy they at more prices at the store. I have enough to keep me protected for a while and I will just shoot .22, .17HMR, and skeet until things blow over. Once they do, I will not be buying from anyone that took advantage of customers.

I have been boycoting online retailers for a while now. Luckily I have enough ammo to hold me over for awhile, and I have only been buying from dick's last few months, when they have something, because they haven't raised their prices a single penny. They have stopped all sale prices(buy one, second 50% off) on their ammo but that is understandable, due to the shortage.

I need to make a list of the online ammo suppliers that are price gouging. I think it's ridiculous that they are taking advantage of this situation. I can understand private sellers price gouging to an extent, but unless these businesses are paying a ridiculous premium (which they are not), the markup is insane. If local stores can sell at reasonable prices so can the online retailers, and the charge up to $1.50 a round for .223 is just stupid. I won't be buying from a lot of places anymore.

i agree and concur with your efforts.. Problem is that there are PLENTY of people in this country who have no problem paying these prices in the name of panic.. Thus most retailers still can charge prices at 3 times a year ago..

The stupid part is there are better options. I bet any local forum has reasonably priced ammo. Some people price gouge on here but there have been great deals. And gunbroker is even better than what those idiots are asking. MUCH better. I'd rather let another gun owner make a buck in this market than let a retailer steal from me.

CTD are a bunch of a-holes, They wouldn't sell me a +2 base plate for a glock 21 (.45) magazine, which is 13 rounds. Their reasoning, the same base plate can be used on the .40 glock magazine to make a 17 round mag. They also wouldn't sell me an adjustable stock, even after I assured them that it was for a pump 12ga.

My observation is that the prices at LGS and online retailers are pretty much coming in line with each other. I do think that certain online retailers, such as CDNN, Brownell's and Midway still offer good deals on hard to find items.

I somewhat agree with all of this, but I do get a good laugh at the tons of people that talked and talked about boycotting Dick's (after the Newtown shooting), CTD and any other retailer price gouging, but then 2 months later ran to Dick's when they had a sale or ordered something from CTD because they 'needed it' and that order was 'an exception'. Just sayin..

I somewhat agree with all of this, but I do get a good laugh at the tons of people that talked and talked about boycotting Dick's (after the Newtown shooting), CTD and any other retailer price gouging, but then 2 months later ran to Dick's when they had a sale or ordered something from CTD because they 'needed it' and that order was 'an exception'. Just sayin..

I, for one, have never vowed to boycott Dick's. A lot of people hate Dick's because of their policies and their employees' lack of gun knowledge. First of all, Dick's is a large corporation and their primary concern as such is their bottom line, which is understandable. They took all AR rifles off their shelves after newtown to avoid a backlash from consumers, lets not forget, Dick's is not a gun shop, they are a sporting goods store and firearm related sales are a small percentage of their business. From a business perspective, it makes more sense to annoy a small percentage of their customers such as gun owners verses annoying everyone who shops there for everything else. Regarding their employees' lack of gun knowledge, again, they are a sporting goods store not a gun shop. What I like about Dick's is that they are, for the most part, honest about their policies and don't try to screw over their customers.

If I had a choice of buying ammo from a gun shop that sells ARs and a boat load of knowledge, but who charges $54 for a box of UMC .45, or Dick's who charges $24.99 for the same box of ammo. I will choose Dick's every time.

I, for one, have never vowed to boycott Dick's. A lot of people hate Dick's because of their policies and their employees' lack of gun knowledge. First of all, Dick's is a large corporation and their primary concern as such is their bottom line, which is understandable. They took all AR rifles off their shelves after newtown to avoid a backlash from consumers, lets not forget, Dick's is not a gun shop, they are a sporting goods store and firearm related sales are a small percentage of their business. From a business perspective, it makes more sense to annoy a small percentage of their customers such as gun owners verses annoying everyone who shops there for everything else. Regarding their employees' lack of gun knowledge, again, they are a sporting goods store not a gun shop. What I like about Dick's is that they are, for the most part, honest about their policies and don't try to screw over their customers.

If I had a choice of buying ammo from a gun shop that sells ARs and a boat load of knowledge, but who charges $54 for a box of UMC .45, or Dick's who charges $24.99 for the same box of ammo. I will choose Dick's every time.

I agree 100% with everything you said, and agree that Dick's is first and foremost a sporting goods store. But, that being said, as a father of several children that are very involved with sports I can certainly choose to spend my thousands of dollars each year in support of my hobbies & sports and my children's hobbies and sports elsewhere. Which is what I did.

Will I never buy from Dicks? I can't say that for sure, but I can choose to spend the majority of my $$ elsewhere and let Dick's corporate know why, which is what I did.

What is even worse is many of these places are now limiting you to 250 or 500 rounds which makes the shipping per round add up. Besides that they are raising the shipping prices even though UPS has not raised them. It sucks, but unfortunately many of them even after doing this are still much cheaper than you can buy the stuff in the People's Republic.

Sportsmanship Guide was great to me when stock was available prior to the madness. Now, I question renewing my membership till the heat dies down. Why hold on to a membership whenthere's nothing available to use it on. I will not support any price gouging online stores ever. Sad to say, there are others that will pay the hefty premium in getting them so they won't feel the pinch from us minority buyers.

I also support Dick's. Of the few times I was able to pick up ammo, their prices were fair. What I don't support are the regular stalkers waiting for the store to open to empty them out the day after the store's delivery comes in. I heard that there were regulars going each week to clear them out. Today, I had a chance to witness them. The sales manager, reps and cashiers know them, and they know each other. I've gone 4wks straight to empty shelves. These guys must be reselling them.

If I don't get ammo soon at a fair price, I'm gonna have to start conserving what I have left and look into alternatives. Maybe dust off my spring rifle. :(