I don't love the look of the new Grand Cherokees. I know my list is somewhat odd -- car based crossovers, one a luxury brand, and a two true trucks (Explorer and 4runner). I'm leaning towards to 4Runner b/c it is a truck yet small enough in size to be manageable yet with decent enough ride and performance. Sort of old school in a good way. BMWs are nice but somehow don't reall speak to me.

If you are looking at Q5... look at the BMW X1 and X3

X1 is essentially an E92 platform. (bmw 3 series through 2012) Pretty nice.

Ask 67gtonut about audis....

LOL.... I dont dislike Audi's ...... I dislike ALL euro cars..... If I had to choose a Euro car, it WOULD be an Audi....

But with that being said..... I drive GM cars.... I think Ford puts out a good product these days also. Jeep/Chrysler, styling wise are nice, still not impressed with interior design or drivetrains.....

Jap cars .... well..... are Jap cars, they tend to be low cost of ownership, but most lack any real style these days.

I would look at :

GMC Terrain

Ford Escape

Acura RDX

Toyota RAV4

as far as the small little crossovers...

The 4-Runner is truly more "truck" then crossover for sure, but in my opinion, that is a good thing.

So I just broke my own rule of not getting involved in these conversations......

If OP wants to PM me.... that is fine, but after 26years of being in the automotive repair business, I dont get into debates anymore.....LOL

Carry on.....

Troy I heard the new land rovers are ultra reliable..... you can't kill them.... and they are now bulletproof.

:rofl:

Btw BMW trucks are made in america.... Thank you very much.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I vote Explorer. I have 154k miles on my 2006 and have only had to do minor repairs. Once the current life situation returns to normal, we'revtrading in for a new one. My neighbor has the 2013 and loves it. 3rd row seating and all the bells & whistles.

If you are looking at Q5... look at the BMW X1 and X3

X1 is essentially an E92 platform. (bmw 3 series through 2012) Pretty nice.

Ask 67gtonut about audis....

I will second the BMW X3- great SUV! Awesome handling dry and weather. Also very safe and spacious but sporty handling.

Take a look at the free maintenance and good warranty on BMW's. Test drive one. Open road BMW in Edison took care of us.

2013 Nissan Xterra -- AFAIK, it's one of a very few SUVs still available in the US with a stick shift. Haven't seen any reviews, it's that new. If I was looking for an SUV -- and since I will give up my stick shift when they pry it from my cold, dead hand -- that's the one.

Dunno about BMWs -- my 3-series is just great when it's running well, but the car has been very maintenance-intensive.