DLF

Took my Daughter shooting for the first time today

She's almost 28, and wants her own gun now. My wife, who normally shoots the 23, was also with us.

My Glock 22 and 23 .40 S&W 165 gr FMJ. With the last of 6 mags she put all 15 rounds on paper and 13 on target @ 7 yards.

post-5690-0-09310800-1365387225_thumb.jpg

post-5690-0-50770400-1365387228_thumb.jpg

That's awesome.

Don't nobody buy 22s as learner guns no more?

Sure, but where the heck can you buy ammo???? We actually just-about stopped shooting .22 since we can't buy it and only shoot .38's, 9mm, .40 and .45 now.

She's almost 28, and wants her own gun now. My wife, who normally shoots the 23, was also with us.

My Glock 22 and 23 .40 S&W 165 gr FMJ. With the last of 6 mags she put all 15 rounds on paper and 13 on target @ 7 yards.

Congrats! Sign her up as a Life Member of the NRA, and get her to a Pistol Class before she changes her mind! We don't see too many 28 yr old "virgins", so good on YOU both!

Dave

More pics of daughter?

You have a lot to learn yet young one. Never inquire about the daughter of some one who is well armed!

He's got a very good point here lowslowmiata. Anyways she is 8 years older than you, she can own a pistol and you can't :D

You have to approach this a little more tactfully lowslow....

DLF, congratulations on another shooter in the family!

I see your daughter did pretty well to keep it on the paper, pretty good for a first timer! With a little practice, I'm sure she'll turn out to be a fine marksman. That said, she's going to need quite a bit of practice. I'm a busy man, but I suppose I could make some time in my schedule to help a fellow shooter out. If you'd kindly send me her contact info, I can call and set up a tutoring schedule. :hi:

I see your daughter did pretty well to keep it on the paper, pretty good for a first timer! With a little practice, I'm sure she'll turn out to be a fine marksman. That said, she's going to need quite a bit of practice. I'm a busy man, but I suppose I could make some time in my schedule to help a fellow shooter out. If you'd kindly send me her contact info, I can call and set up a tutoring schedule. :hi:

I was just trollin but you have a pretty smooth answer sir

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

My daughter appreciates the effort, but that's not going to happen.

My wife is also pointing out that she too is armed.

Make sure your female shooters double stuff the earpro (in-ear and over the ear). Their hair/putting glasses on defeats the over the ear, and just in-ear isn't enough for indoor.

and don't start some one on .40. Start with 22lr. Burn up what you have. But hey, whatevs, learning how to unflinch is fun too (I assume most new shooters starting on centerfire handgun will develop a flinch). Don't believe me? Throw a snap cap in the middle of the mag. You might surprise yourself (I know I did when I started with 45acp). ID the problem, address it, advance.

Hi!

I certainly wouldn't want to rob my father the joy of training me while sharing in a hobby of his. After all how often can a dad say that?

That being said, nothing wrong with making new friends to go to the range with! :)

Make sure your female shooters double stuff the earpro (in-ear and over the ear). Their hair/putting glasses on defeats the over the ear, and just in-ear isn't enough for indoor.

Thank you.

Just so you know my dad my mom and myself all had ear plugs in under our gear :)