Sign in to follow this  
Xchange1980

Manager of Tick Tick Diner nabbed in Murder for hire plot

And, of course, the article would be incomplete without this:

(emphasis added).

At least they had a picture of Spyropoulos instead of just the rifle.

So we should support someone who tried to get someone murdered because he was a "gun owner".

Where the eff do you get the idea that I'm advocating support for the accused!?

You are apparently upset that an "assault type" rifle was found at the suspect's residence. I'm sure if it were a bolt or lever action they would have just said rifle.

I'm not "effing" anything.

You are apparently upset that an "assault type" rifle was found at the suspect's residence. I'm sure if it were a bolt or lever action they would have just said rifle.

I'm not "effing" anything.

I'm not upset that an "assault type" rifle was found. I'm annoyed that reporters never seem to miss an opportunity to align the presence of an "assault rifle" with criminality when they are not related at all. How you construe that annoyance into me advocating support for the accused in this story is beyond me.

See, now if he just planned on throwing every dish at him, it would have saved us from the gun hysteria... Lol... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I'm not upset that an "assault type" rifle was found. I'm annoyed that reporters never seem to miss an opportunity to align the presence of an "assault rifle" with criminality when they are not related at all. How you construe that annoyance into me advocating support for the accused in this story is beyond me.

Agreed 110%. This is one of the reasons I read way more than contribute on this site. The ignorance and "reading between the lines" runs STRONG here. Everyone wants to argue..Not worth arguing such a dumb point.

First impression after reading this story was that they point out the "assault rifle" like it has any relevance. This quite obviously means I support murdering uncles everywhere. Somehow

Agreed 110%. This is one of the reasons I read way more than contribute on this site. The ignorance and "reading between the lines" runs STRONG here. Everyone wants to argue..Not worth arguing such a dumb point.

First impression after reading this story was that they point out the "assault rifle" like it has any relevance. This quite obviously means I support murdering uncles everywhere. Somehow

Agree 100%.

Do you feel the same way the press didn't miss the opportunity to associate handguns and a shotgun with criminality? You were the one to put the emphasis on "assault type", the press didn't. Would you have felt better if they said "a semi-auto magazine fed rifle similar in appearance to current military rifles". They even said "assault type" not "assault rifle".

You are very much entitled to feel any way you want to but its a term very much in common useage even among many people on this forum who feel the need to add muzzle brakes in lieu of flash surpressors and pinned telescoping stocks to make their rifles look as "assault type" as possible while staying in the constraints of the useless AW law.

Do you feel the same way the press didn't miss the opportunity to associate handguns and a shotgun with criminality? You were the one to put the emphasis on "assault type", the press didn't. Would you have felt better if they said "a semi-auto magazine fed rifle similar in appearance to current military rifles". They even said "assault type" not "assault rifle".

If they had instead printed "assault-type" handgun, or "assault-type" shotgun, I would have been equally annoyed. Unless the rifle was select fire, then labeling it "assault type" is pushing an agenda.

You are very much entitled to feel any way you want to but its a term very much in common useage even among many people on this forum who feel the need to add muzzle brakes in lieu of flash surpressors and pinned telescoping stocks to make their rifles look as "assault type" as possible while staying in the constraints of the useless AW law.

I don't need you to be annoyed along with me, but I won't stay quiet if you assign meaning to my words that isn't there. You appear to have backed off that I'm advocating supporting the accused because he possessed a certain firearm so that's good.

Actually what is really surprising me is that a diner throws off enough cash that someone is willing to kill someone else over it...