Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

I think the pa AG is now negotiating with Utah to allow Utah resident permits and visa versa. At least that's the information I read on their website.

Oh I know that. I think (I'm hoping, anyway) that Utah may be trying to get the agreement to where the non-resident permit would still be attractive.

Oh I know that. I think (I'm hoping, anyway) that Utah may be trying to get the agreement to where the non-resident permit would still be attractive.

You almost had me with Arizona, but then I read the clause in the agreement where it says "PA will give full faith and credit to AZ permits issued to *residents* of Arizona..." Which clause also seems to be in the revised agreement with Florida.

I'm pretty sure it will also be in the new agreement with Utah, and will most likely be coming to the agreement with Texas (written by the *former* AG). It's what the current AG wants. Either she is screwing us, or NJ is screwing us by denying almost all CCW. I wonder which is screwing us more.... :facepalm:

It's a good thing I went to Rutgers; I'm used to getting screwed.

I think all of us with a college degree got screwed, regardless of where we matriculated... It took me till 30 to pay back the 80k in loans. And my tuition was half of what it costs now.

PA AG website updated today:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

What's interesting is that UT is now listed as a Category 6 state in addition to being a Cat 4 state. I know Utah allows permitless open carry (as long as you don't have a round in the chamber) but I thought concealed required a permit.

It does.  It's an A misdemeanor if it's loaded, B misdemeanor if not.  The latter is often overlooked with officer's discretion.

I think all of us with a college degree got screwed, regardless of where we attended... It took me till 30 to pay back the 80k in loans. And my tuition was half of what it costs now.

I think sota is referring to that cultural/bureaucratic phenomenon unique to Rutgers, known affectionately as the "RU Screw."   But, yes, all university  bureaucracies have one, most likely.  :dontknow:

Utah needs to tread carefully. After expenses they ended up with a $2M surplus from permit fees. If it loses reciprocity, not as many will apply for it, and that revenue will be gone. 

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27268239

i know I'm insignificant but i can honestly say i was 100% going to get utah and now i will most likely pass.  

i know I'm insignificant but i can honestly say i was 100% going to get utah and now i will most likely pass.

I wouldn't unless you have Florida already and never plan on traveling to Washington state. The Utah alone still gives you carry rights in 31 other states, as well as the ability to vehicle carry in PA. If you plan to OC when traveling to PA vehicle carry woud be convenient.

I wouldn't unless you have Florida already and never plan on traveling to Washington state. The Utah alone still gives you carry rights in 31 other states, as well as the ability to vehicle carry in PA. If you plan to OC when traveling to PA vehicle carry woud be convenient.

It's also cheaper to maintain Utah ($51.00/5 years) than Florida ($112/7yrs).  I'd get FL if you need New Mexico, which UT doesn't offer.

I think sota is referring to that cultural/bureaucratic phenomenon unique to Rutgers, known affectionately as the "RU Screw."   But, yes, all university  bureaucracies have one, most likely.  :dontknow:

that.

there's a reason there's a giant painted screw with a slash and circle over it in the basement computer lab.

I have UT and CT as well. I actually go to CT somewhat often.

I see you are getting you practice with 10 round magazines...

Along with driving through 2 of the scariest states to drive through. ( NJ / NY )

I see you are getting you practice with 10 round magazines...

Along with driving through 2 of the scariest states to drive through. ( NJ / NY )

Well I carry an XDS so that's 7+1 anyway.

nj Is not going to see 10 rounds until Steve Fulop becomes gov. CC will veto it for now. Even the liberal star ledger is saying the mag restriction is a bad idea .

Hopefully I'll be in TX by the end of the year and I'll be able to carry 30 rounds of HP if I want to....not that I would but I could. 

I'll definitely be getting my Non-Res CHL within the first month I'm there...I'll worry about changing it if/when I actually move.

Call DESPP special licensing and firearms unit at 860 685 8920 and ask for a packet. You need a permit from any other state first. For training they want the NRA basic pistol course. Follow their instructions. For the reason put "all lawful purposes". Permit arrives in a few months.

Out of state is actually easier than resident in CT. For resident you need a temp permit from your local selectman and often they delay and put up roadblocks. It should be noted that CT is May issue but acts more like shall issue.

Has that changed any since Newtown,  or is it about the same?

You nThey require NRA Basic Pistol for training or something similar.

Correct, they have CT specific classes at sig sauer academy which is not NRA basic, but CT accepts that training. The state's requirements are at least 8 hours with live fire. However, NRA basic fits the bill and is good for other states like FL, AZ, ME and NJ (whenever that happens). I tell people who want nonresident CCWs to just do NRA basic just in case they need the CT permit. 

Correct, they have CT specific classes at sig sauer academy which is not NRA basic, but CT accepts that training. The state's requirements are at least 8 hours with live fire. However, NRA basic fits the bill and is good for other states like FL, AZ, ME and NJ (whenever that happens). I tell people who want nonresident CCWs to just do NRA basic just in case they need the CT permit.

JFoster probably gives the same advice, since he is an NRA instructor that gives the class lol. I took my basic pistol class from him. Highly recommend everyone take it as well if your planning on obtaining any non resident permits.

It's a good idea to take basic anyway as you shoot more varieties of different guns. You learn semi auto and revolvers. Most of us know how to shoot but for rank beginners it would be nice to get exposure to both. There were things I didn't know that I learned in the class. It made me a safer and dare I say better shooter.

It's a good idea to take basic anyway as you shoot more varieties of different guns. You learn semi auto and revolvers. Most of us know how to shoot but for rank beginners it would be nice to get exposure to both. There were things I didn't know that I learned in the class. It made me a safer and dare I say better shooter.

^^^ditto. One thing in specific I learned was how not to disassemble a 1911. I also learned I really like shooting 1911's and have bought 2 since I took the class.

Ammoland  had an article about the PA AG cancelling the VA. reciprocity and how she plans to go through every state.    I wouldn't expect any relief until she is stopped.    If there are any PA citizens reading these forums I hope you understand that NJ style freedom control is coming to your state via this AG regardless of what your state constitution states.     This Obama administration follows no laws.     start taking action now.       

'