Jon

News regarding PA CCW reciprocity

So nj guys cabt carry in pa period....sucks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

You can still open carry anywhere but Philly...or CC if you get a TX permit (for now, at least) or if you currently have NH.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Looks like we NJ should book a flight to tx and share a hotel room

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

There's already been a thread started and preliminary discussions with an instructor in Texas about pricing and itinerary.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

You guys are inviting trouble. You can bet she will target Texas next. They

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

The only reason she may not do it so fast is the need to travel to TX to take the course, feeling most people won't or can't make the trip just to get the CCW.

Who knows why liberals do what they do.

Mental illness is a difficult thing to deal with.

I still don't understand why that NJ2AS thing didn't happen

I have strong feeling that 2A community in NJ is not as strong as most of us here think.  When push comes to shove, I think there is probably about 0.01% of 2A folks who can follow through on their commitment.

If there are million firearm owners out there, when is the last time 10% of them showed up in Trenton for a peaceful protest ?  or rally against gang violence in inner cities where gun control is out of control ?  Are there 20,000 people out there who are willing to apply for CCW, get denied and take their cases all the way to SC ?

How much money did folks who are going through court cases were able to raise through 2A community ?  $2K ? 5K ? 10k?  I suspect its not much compared to what these things cost to drag through courts.

I have strong feeling that 2A community in NJ is not as strong as most of us here think.  When push comes to shove, I think there is probably about 0.01% of 2A folks who can follow through on their commitment.

If there are million firearm owners out there, when is the last time 10% of them showed up in Trenton for a peaceful protest ?  or rally against gang violence in inner cities where gun control is out of control ?  Are there 20,000 people out there who are willing to apply for CCW, get denied and take their cases all the way to SC ?

How much money did folks who are going through court cases were able to raise through 2A community ?  $2K ? 5K ? 10k?  I suspect its not much compared to what these things cost to drag through courts.

It's a chicken and egg thing. I agree we are not as strong because most people are afraid the little bit of rights that are being respected will be taken away from them if they decide to take a bold step. Many people figure they will stay in NJ for a while but then eventually move out to "free America" which usually means Pennsylvania. 

Is everyone as "nuts" as some people on this forum? No way. But gun owners tend to be more conservative than non-gun-owners. I'd go so far as to estimate 85-15. Conservatives and libertarians tend to vote Republican. Do the numbers. 1 million owners = 850,000 voters, plus say 1/3 of spouses = 1.1 million R votes. Say 25% vote. Nay, say even 40% vote. That's 700,000 non-voters.

I counted six assembly seats that were competitive or very competitive. One R lost by a tad over 1000 votes. Most of the differences were in the 4-7,000 vote range. There were also five close or very close senate races, with one R candidate losing by a hair.

Don't tell me that if even half of all gun owners and their spouses voted, that we could not have won every single damned one of those seats.

Tell me what's wrong with my analysis.

All this effort worrying about PA law, reciprocity with other states non-resident CCW..

Wish there was half the effort to try and push the issue of CCW in NJ. That would make the PA changes irrelevant.

Is there even a real movement to try and get the wheels moving on NJ CCW?

All this effort worrying about PA law, reciprocity with other states non-resident CCW..

Wish there was half the effort to try and push the issue of CCW in NJ. That would make the PA changes irrelevant.

Is there even a real movement to try and get the wheels moving on NJ CCW?

I agree. There is but it has mostly been wait and see, specifically wait and see if the courts would help. That doesn't look like it's happening.

What do you propose?

I still don't understand why that NJ2AS thing didn't happen

NJ2AS leadership is not really interested in carry.  They want faster permit processing.   There was a monthly meeting about a year ago where there was almost a revolt.  The membership was very vocal that they wanted to pursue right to carry and 60 people in attendance took over the meeting discussing how to go after right to carry.  NJ2AS leadership started out by explaining why this wasn't the time but ended up not being able to quench the fire.

Over the next few days, the NJ2AS facebook page was on fire with right to carry planning, discussion, and even some off-shoot groups wanting to tackle right to carry.   To appease the masses, NJ2AS announced project CLASP where everyone was encouraged to apply for their permits.  The project was not promoted other than the one announcement and it just faded quietly away, probably as planned.

If Christy really wants to win the presidential primary against true conservatives, I'm of the opinion that making NJ shall issue would be in his best interest. That way he can show the rest of constitutional carry America that he made a pro 2nd amendment change in his home state. If he refuses to do such we could start announcing to the other states that really matter to his success, that when it comes to gun rights asking him to make the correct decision falls on deaf ears. It would probably take the NRA to threaten this to him. But as of right now no one really knows if he is going to run or not. But possibly a viable option should he announce that he will run. I would say the day he decides to run the NRA contact him and demand he instructs the AG to grant shall issue or else.

is call shopping centers, malls, and outlet stores over the border, tell them that you will no longer be traveling to PA to patronize their business because their AG has just made it illegal for you to carry their anymore. Making anyone from out of state a prime target for criminals.

I highly doubt that line of action will help you since MANY of the places you listed bar carry completely.. those business are owned.. operated.. and staffed by many people that live (or lived) in major cities... or more importantly are from non gun states like NJ.. when I am traveling east I pretty much always carry concealed so I am not hassled by these places... many of them go as far as to put up "no firearm" signs... so calling them and telling them "I will not be shopping there because I can no longer bring my gun" will likely net the response of "we are already a gun free establishment" or worse yet you will simply get this response "good".. extreme eastern PA might as well be NJ in many places as far as 2A interests go.. 

The section of the administrative code that defines "justifiable need" and makes in an impossible hurdle was written by the NJSP and added to the code.  The Governor could direct the NJSP to re-write it.  No legislation was involved in creating the requirement.

I highly doubt that line of action will help you since MANY of the places you listed bar carry completely.. those business are owned.. operated.. and staffed by many people that live (or lived) in major cities... or more importantly are from non gun states like NJ.. when I am traveling east I pretty much always carry concealed so I am not hassled by these places... many of them go as far as to put up "no firearm" signs... so calling them and telling them "I will not be shopping there because I can no longer bring my gun" will likely net the response of "we are already a gun free establishment" or worse yet you will simply get this response "good".. extreme eastern PA might as well be NJ in many places as far as 2A interests go..

Wasn't my suggestion anyway, stolen from GFH radio.