Shawnmoore81

New mod to my ar

It's not the EoTech. It's not the magnifier.

It's that the post has no substance.

What does the OP like about it? What does he not like about it? How's the glass? What mount did he choose and why? What's the intended use?

Basically, why should we care that he got a magnifier? Why is that post worthy? Or this just another "Look at my trunk" (http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/46605-look-at-my-trunk/page__hl__trunk__fromsearch__1) thread?

The fact that I like green has as much useful information to any readers of this thread as the original post. :facepalm:

ETA: You know you are being given enough rope to hang yourself when an Administrator throws out the Popcorn Smiley....

Edited by High Exposure

if you've been here even for the short period of time that I've been around, you'd know what the OP's posts are generally like. If you know how they are, simply don't click on it or don't spend any energy responding to it. If anything just give him one of these:

24214952.jpg

Hey good one! :rofl:

Oh, and by the way - Clever rarely is ;)

Seriously Shawn. Tell us about the magnifier.

Why did you choose this one?

How do you like it so far?

Would you recommend it to other board users and why?

What is the zero you have on the RDS and how does the Magnifier affect it?

Did you have to zero the magnifier separately from the RDS?

Why did you choose FTS rather than QD?

How does the rifle handle with the magnifier flipped over?

Does the magnifier make the reticle smear and look like a comet or does it stay crisp and centered?

How's the field of view compare with magnifier up and down?

When you sling the rifle and the magnifier is flipped to the side, does it snag? Is it comfortable?

Anything other than "check it out" would be useful to the board.

ETA: Oh, also, Shawn while I have your attention - that is an accessory not a modification. Nit-picky, I know. But words do have meanings.

So far all I did was pop it on and look through it. Ill range test it this week. Probably Sunday. It's very clear. I was debating on what magnifier to get and got a deal on the eotech so I grabbed it up. This is another brand ill be selling on top of ammo. I was happy that it cleared my flip up sights. The one my buddy got is a vortex and it didn't

Is it? Is it really?

How do you know with nothing more than a picture?

It might be the best firearm accessory since rifling, but with nothing more than a picture and a "Hey check it it bro" sadly, we will never know...

Are we starting this again? If another pissinb contest is your intentiom I am not interested

Are we starting this again? If another pissinb contest is your intentiom I am not interested

:facepalm:

My point, you missed it....

Also if you thought that it was going to be another pissing match and you really wanted to avoid it, why did you even respond? ;)

So far all I did was pop it on and look through it. Ill range test it this week. Probably Sunday. It's very clear. I was debating on what magnifier to get and got a deal on the eotech so I grabbed it up. This is another brand ill be selling on top of ammo. I was happy that it cleared my flip up sights. The one my buddy got is a vortex and it didn't

Good luck with it Shawn, I am eager to hear a range report/AAR after you put it through its paces.

And, I have to ask. Why didn't you just give us that info when you posted the pic?

I had one (Aimpoint in a LaRue FTS) but didn't like it. Worked with it for about a year and a half, used it through 2 EAG COC courses and a trip to Blackwater and I found I was faster and more accurate without it at the distances I train the most at (100yards and in).

The FOV was not as good as I would like, it was heavy, the balance was off when driving the gun on multiple targets while FTS. When the magnifier was flipped it snagged on my gear and was uncomfortable against my chest when I wasn't wearing my PC. It also made the rifle flop around weird when slung.

For what I wanted, it just didn't work for me so I traded it for a Trijicon MRDS for my Glock and haven't looked back.