johnp

Crate of Mosins instock

I got an email today that Classic got the crates of Mosin Nagants back in stock. I started a thread a few months ago gauging interest in a group buy and it kind of died out.

Well I did some legwork and got a shipping quote from Classic. So I'm going to do a quick price breakdown and get input from others if there is any interest. It would be a lot easier if we could split 20 rifles with the fewest amount of people possible,(ex. 4 people buying 5 rifles etc.)

Crate of Mosins=$2500

Shipping charge=$191.11

**Total= $2691.11

Price per rifle=$134.55

http://www.classicfi...le-by-the-crate

Thoughts...comments....?

See if you can find a FFL that will discount for doing 20 rifles, a lot of papaer work I guess, but it would be easy with 4 guys taking 5 each, just change the SN's on each form and your good to go. I would be in for the 5 as stated in the last thread that came up but I will be out of NJ in 4-5 weeks for good.

Glad to see there is interest, if we were to try and move the process along we would have to figure out the logistics of it all.

If I were in charge of this project, I would have it shipped to my FFL, Rick at OMG. I haven't even discussed this with him yet, but traveling to Bayonne might not be possible for some.

Question for all the legal gurus, if I were to purchase a crate by myself, and take possession of all of them. At a later date could I sell off more then half of them? I think technically it's legal, but I think there may be some kind of law about buying with the intent to sell or something like that.

It gets very complicated when a bunch of people only want one rifle.

^ good question and completely understandable if it isnt worth doing if everyone just wants one...

Exactly. That's why I said if he decides to brake them in single gun purchases, I would take one. If he decides to get 3 more folks and each takes 5, it's perfectly understandable and it's probably what I would do.

I can see this turning into a nightmare trying to coordinate twenty people.

I can see this turning into a nightmare trying to coordinate twenty people.

Yep there in lies the problem. Not even so much the organizing money who wants what, etc. I don't want to jam up my FFL, this is going to be a big box and a lot of cosmoline, And alot of paperwork for him.