RIK

I quit

I Just want to say , "I quit". I wrote to the governor ,several senators and a number of congressmen. I donated to the NRA and used every argument I learned in 4 decades of being an attorney to promote the 2nd amendment but,Feinstein and her followers were nothing compared to the greedy Judases who lived within the shooting community.They and all who stood and did nothing , or worse , gave in and helped them by paying the inflated price for ammo and thus virtually destroyed the 2nd amendment and those of us who believed in it. I started shooting 53 years ago but,I am now prepared,just when I thought it would become the prime past time for my wife and myself,to say ,"I quit" and sell my firearms to the police the next time they run a "cash for firearms" program because the abject greed that exits in the community of gun owners ,the fact that some of "you" (no longer "us") will destroy the practice of recreational shooting just to make a few extra dollars by buying all the available ammo and selling at 3xs its value and the fact that so many of you will pay the inflated price and that gun shop owners will ask 3xs the price and risk driving so many out of the community because it has become too costly to shoot makes me ill and ashamed to be part of you . So I say "goodbye" and that I will no longer use what I haved learned to defend the 2nd amendment not because I don't believe in it but,rather because too many who have stood behind it and enjoyed its benefits are less than real men and women because real men and women don't rape each other for a few coins and that is what is going on right now in the gun world and even though the majority is not doing it the majority has stood by and let it happen.Few ,if any ,have called out the greedy few and kicked them out by refusing to buy what they sell or standing behind them while they shoot and "booing" their presence or extending a chosen finger when they turned to look. In short,you let it happen. The greedy within have destroyed the 2nd amendment and destroyed what I held dear and looked forward to embracing and practicing its benefits..So again, "good bye" and again I will no longer speak for you and I am sure that the others true believing men and women will soon join me and all that will be left and the traitors and the cowards.PS if you ever collectively decide to "man up" please let me know. I'll be at the golf course instead of the shooting range.

I Just want to say , "I quit". I wrote to the governor ,several senators and a number of congressmen. I donated to the NRA and used every argument I learned in 4 decades of being an attorney to promote the 2nd amendment but,Feinstein and her followers were nothing compared to the greedy Judases who lived within the shooting community.They and all who stood and did nothing , or worse , gave in and helped them by paying the inflated price for ammo and thus virtually destroyed the 2nd amendment and those of us who believed in it. I started shooting 53 years ago but,I am now prepared,just when I thought it would become the prime past time for my wife and myself,to say ,"I quit" and sell my firearms to the police the next time they run a "cash for firearms" program because the abject greed that exits in the community of gun owners ,the fact that some of "you" (no longer "us") will destroy the practice of recreational shooting just to make a few extra dollars by buying all the available ammo and selling at 3xs its value and the fact that so many of you will pay the inflated price and that gun shop owners will ask 3xs the price and risk driving so many out of the community because it has become too costly to shoot makes me ill and ashamed to be part of you . So I say "goodbye" and that I will no longer use what I haved learned to defend the 2nd amendment not because I don't believe in it but,rather because too many who have stood behind it and enjoyed its benefits are less than real men and women because real men and women don't rape each other for a few coins and that is what is going on right now in the gun world and even though the majority is not doing it the majority has stood by and let it happen.Few ,if any ,have called out the greedy few and kicked them out by refusing to buy what they sell or standing behind them while they shoot and "booing" their presence or extending a chosen finger when they turned to look. In short,you let it happen. The greedy within have destroyed the 2nd amendment and destroyed what I held dear and looked forward to embracing and practicing its benefits..So again, "good bye" and again I will no longer speak for you and I am sure that the others true believing men and women will soon join me and all that will be left and the traitors and the cowards.PS if you ever collectively decide to "man up" please let me know. I'll be at the golf course instead of the shooting range.

market determines value....

market is nuts.. so prices through the roof..

if you are prepared... then you dont need to buy anything now.. and wait it out... if you waited till a national scare to try to make purchases.. whos fault is that?

no offense or anything... but ammo prices and availability change all the time.. right this second it is a dramatic change.. but that will level out with time.. not sure why so many people are so wound up about it... good call giving up shooting over the actions of others.. makes complete sense..

so whatcha selling? I might be interested.. cash in hand..

So....

You're angry that people are trying to screw the Second Amendment. Your logic is to give up and quit.

You're also angry that people are buying/selling at markup. Thats called capitalism. If you don't want people to make free economic decisions, then you should move to China or Vietnam and become a Communist. Solves two of your problems right there.

RIK... for the record, I ran into "Mike" at the range other day and he mentioned how he couldn't find .22LR so he could shoot with his kid. I told him I just grabbed a bulk pack at the LGS and told him to check them out. Also told him if they were out, I would give him what I just bought for what I paid so his kid could have some fun. He ended up taking my offer, I made nothing on the deal. I am sure I many folks here on the forum already have or would have done the same. Not everyone is out to rape each other. Have a blast on the golf course RIK, probably will run into you there if i am not at the range.

stop whining and post your stuff in the classifieds. They want you to quit. You quit and they win. So..whatcha sellin?

Yeah, watcha got, PM before you let Joe know! Wow, I actually read his entire post. Is he a troll here? I would think a lawyer would know how to form paragraphs to make it easier for us to read. Anyway............................. Keep one shotgun (if you have one) and get into Sporting Clays, that is like golf but with a gun, lots of fun, no one raping anyone over ammo either. Life is too short to moan and complain dude, get over it.

...I'd be interested in a decent O/U and at $120 my wife wouldn't roll her eyes like she did for all the AR Barbie-doll accessories.

Prices are higher than they were last year, but I haven't let myself get gouged. I did manage to buy a few magazines directly from Beretta that were on sale at a decent price.

I have -0- ammo back ordered at the moment --- which is better than the 2008/9 panic.

Now that you quit, do you have any spare ammo to sell? It is getting tough to find some these days. It is quitters that made this country what it is so we welcome your kind and praise your courage. Thanks for your service.

So you are a lawyer, or so you say because by the way you write and think, I doubt it. Let's say you are for fun's sake. If so then I have you to blame for the cost of a Lexus. It is because of people like you that make a high income and pay the ridiculous prices of luxury cars that I cannot afford to buy one myself. I am quitting driving and will ride my bike from now on.

Yeah, watcha got, PM before you let Joe know! Wow, I actually read his entire post. Is he a troll here? I would think a lawyer would know how to form paragraphs to make it easier for us to read. Anyway............................. Keep one shotgun (if you have one) and get into Sporting Clays, that is like golf but with a gun, lots of fun, no one raping anyone over ammo either. Life is too short to moan and complain dude, get over it.

i think you nailed it.....he's a troll. on only his 11 or 12th post, he's spewing garbage like that? troll. spy. not what he says he is though.