JrzyGuy30

Hypothetical question for LE/police officers

I'm almost afraid to ask but what the hell are crime fighters?

My tighty whities. They're my super hero outfit. The cops get a kick out of it sometimes. The older guy's that is. The steroided up younger guy's just don't understand.

For any law enforcement officers to answer.

Scenario: If you were going house to house for either a search for possibly someone that was running around the neighborhood or because somebody had complained of noise or something frivolous or maybe serving a notice for something (who knows) - and the homeowner opens the door to answer your knock (this is NJ and like maybe in a nice suburban neighborhood), and he had a pistol holstered on his side (Not touching it and Not in his/her hand), how would you react? What could or would happen?

It was a scenario that crossed my mind and I feel most of these new young cops running through my neighborhood would not react or know how to respond with that... Curious to know!

I'm not a cop (thank God) but it's obvious that they wouldn't let you keep it while they are there. This in NJ.

Some one could be practicing holstering or breaking in a new leather holster for example. You are to quick to pass judgement on people.

....of course they are....

The OP want's links....could you provide him with a few?

Here is the one Boston thread discussing LEO coming to the door.....

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/53955-were-looking-for-the-bomber-and-we-want-to-search-your-house/page__hl__boston

Not gonna rehash any LEO bashing threads.....

That is not just a NJ mindset. It's typical all over.

I'm not a cop (thank God) but it's obvious that they wouldn't let you keep it while they are there. This in NJ.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

The only times I've carried at home were when I was breaking in a holster for when I carry out of state and during the hurricane last year when we all lost power and my house was the only one with a generator you could hear for blocks.

My tighty whities. They're my super hero outfit. The cops get a kick out of it sometimes. The older guy's that is. The steroided up younger guy's just don't understand.

There it is, I knew I shouldn't ask, and I'm sure thats a real pic of you

Typos courtesy Apple...

See, that's a major, major problem. I am in my home. MY HOME. I did not do anything wrong. No one summoned them there. If someone, anyone is able to remove my 'rights' though temporarily for their comfort, I'm not cool with that. Many here are but I'm not.

See, that's a major, major problem. I am in my home. MY HOME. I did not do anything wrong. No one summoned them there. If someone, anyone is able to remove my 'rights' though temporarily for their comfort, I'm not cool with that. Many here are but I'm not.

It's not a problem. It's his imagination.

I already gave three personal examples at my home that were completely different. I have had friends that ran into cops with crimes being committed in the neighborhood while either in or outside their homes, and I estimate more than half the time they were the ones called the cops. Cops did not disarm them. I can assure you cops don't generally show up at peoples' homes and disarm them unless they have warrants, PC, or hot pursuit. Outside of Jersey, at least. I don't know if it's true in Jersey or not, never ran into it or had anybody share an experience about it.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Exactly. So what it comes down to is even though an individual pays his rent or mortgage and taxes, legally owns the weapon, the government has the power to disarm you; even in your own home when you are not asking for assistance or causing a dangersome situation; right?

Exactly. So what it comes down to is even though an individual pays his rent or mortgage and taxes, legally owns the weapon, the government has the power to disarm you; even in your own home when you are not asking for assistance or causing a dangersome situation; right?

Legally? No.

From a practical standpoint? No.

If you consent? Yes.

I never said You did. But the scenario dictates their actions.

Not every situation may warrant the same reaction.

Just try see things through their eyes and be more open minded.

Let's face it. In this state, it's not the norm to visit a home where someone greets them with a sidearm.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I'm gonna barf my meatball parm sandwich.... -hurl-

That's me in my younger days when I was in shape. This is a current one. Thanks for asking.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I never said You did. But the scenario dictates their actions.

Not every situation may warrant the same reaction.

Just try see things through their eyes and be more open minded.

Let's face it. In this state, it's not the norm to visit a home where someone greets them with a sidearm.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Why don't we look at things through the eyes of the liberals trying to make us safer?? Let's be more open minded. No one needs an AK or AR right??

Why you skewing the point? Nothing like one sided thinking. This conversation has been posted before. People here seem to think it's always about taking away your rights or your guns. This matter has to do with a leo visit to a home. Not about liberals or anything else.

I'm done... No point in trying to help. Have a nice day....

Why don't we look at things through the eyes of the liberals trying to make us safer?? Let's be more open minded. No one needs an AK or AR right??

Typos courtesy Apple...

Why you skewing the point? Nothing like one sided thinking. This conversation has been posted before. People here seem to think it's always about taking away your rights or your guns. This matter has to do with a leo visit to a home. Not about liberals or anything else.

I'm done... No point in trying to help. Have a nice day....

Typos courtesy Apple...

Tell me you didn't see this coming........And that Gentlemen is why so many treads like this never goes anywhere and also why our resident LEO's will avoid posting on them...

Yup.... In the mean time, I have guns to clean. Cheers! :)

Tell me you didn't see this coming........And that Gentlemen is why so many treads like this never goes anywhere and also why our resident LEO's will avoid posting on them...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Well then... I will say you were right to an extent. Did not see it turning into this...honestly. It was an honest question and was hoping for an honest answer.

It's sad that we all can't stand together uniformly regarding our rights.

I was hoping to end up hearing affirmatively that it is our right to own, wear and holster a firearm on our property at least... But in this damn blue state, should just figure there really aren't anymore real rights thanks to the idiots who have ruined it. <sigh>.

And by the way - this was in no means setup to attack the police officers or LE's. I sincerely appreciate all they do.

Hypothetical perhaps...... but asked scores of times before and any LEO active or retired,especially ones that have been on this forum for awhile will be hesitant to even participate in this tread simply because we all know how it progresses and inevitably ends.

yup..not even bothering to answer this.

Jerz.... You are allowed.... Okedokee?

Well then... I will say you were right to an extent. Did not see it turning into this...honestly. It was an honest question and was hoping for an honest answer.

I was hoping to end up hearing affirmatively that it is our right to own, wear and holster a firearm on our property at least... But in this damn blue state, should just figure there really aren't anymore real rights thanks to the idiots who have ruined it. .

And by the way - this was in no means setup to attack the police officers or LE's. I sincerely appreciate all they do.

I was hoping to end up hearing affirmatively that it is our right to own, wear and holster a firearm on our property at least... But in this damn blue state, should just figure there really aren't anymore real rights thanks to the idiots who have ruined it. <sigh>.

Please...don't misunderstand,I didn't think you posted to set up anyone,unfortunately treads like yours tend to bring out those among us who believe everything that a public servant does or says is a personal affront and designed to erode their rights, which in some case it is....but common sense should play a part in deciding what is appropriate in some situations such as in your scenario.

If I were a resident of Boston in those tense days, I too would have armed myself but made damn sure to inform any LEOs doing a sweep that 1.I am a legal firearms owner. 2.It was secured before I opened the door and 3.Please come in and make sure a armed bomber is not hiding in my house......Erosion of my rights?..I think not but to some who see conspiracy behind every tree...most definitely.