Old Dog

Is it just me or are there more WTS posts lately?

Just seems like I am seeing a lot of want to sell post lately and not much stuff about guns. I am guessing that few are buying new guns while prices are high so not many range reports. Also guessing that some are unloading the guns and ammo they bought just in case. Maybe it is just me. :)

easy math..

spend more money than you have..

realize you have to pay bills when they come...

realize the government is not coming to get your guns (yet)

hurry and try to sell before everyone else figures this out..

ammo is still hurting.. guns on the private side seem to be getting more available.. imo

Wow, everybody assumes the worst.

It couldn't be that people have done spring cleaning and want to get rid of stuff cluttering the house?

I don't know about you guys but I have zero cc debt. I pay it off at the end of the month.

It couldn't be that people have done spring cleaning and want to get rid of stuff cluttering the house?

I don't know about you guys but I have zero cc debt. I pay it off at the end of the month.

+1...me too ..as for people selling stuff...who cares? if its stuff (ammo) that I need and cant find, I'll help someone out with some cash.

I feel it evens out. Couple weeks I see alot of WTS, others not so many.

Happy to see that NJ members can help one another out though. I try to list a little cheaper on here.

I try to post here first, give it a couple hours for first grabs, then post elsewhere.

As Bryan mentioned, I do some safe cleaning 2x a year. Not just firearm stuff. I sell knives, furniture, even my kids stuff!

Thanks to my wife, no CC debt either. I can buy whatever,I just better be able to pay it off in 31 days, or sell my stuff to get the better stuff, which I have been doing lately.

This. I would never finance a gun lol. Or anything else aside from maybe a car or house.

If I dont have the cash on hand I dont buy it.

I do have a bad habit of buying things on a whim without trying them first, then selling them when I figure out its not what I want.

On a positive note, buying and selling stuff on here has allowed me to meet a couple dozen members that I otherwise would not have. That has been a huge plus!

I do have a bad habit of buying things on a whim without trying them first, then selling them when I figure out its not what I want.

On a positive note, buying and selling stuff on here has allowed me to meet a couple dozen members that I otherwise would not have. That has been a huge plus!

Me too.

Oh man...... That is me to a "T".....

I get bored quickly also..... It's almost like the excitement is the purchase, then after a few days in the safe..... I look at it and go..... "really?"

I am even starting to see Prepper stuff being sold on various gun forums. During the Great Gun Panic of '13, as I will always remember it, I happen to be in a Barnes & Noble bookstore looked for Gun Digest 2013 when a man in his 70's walked in and asked if they had any books on Preppers. The nerdy clerk did not understand what he was looking for so I explained. I could not help myself so I asked the old timer why he was interested in it and basically the gist of it had to do with all the talk about gun control and how if it passed it would start a civil war and so forth. There was also some concern about Medicare and Social Security being stopped. It is amazing how spooked people can get from proposed legislation. I have always enjoyed reading about history and always surprised when people panic over the same things that people panicked over before. I cannot remember how many times the world was supposed to end and that the government was going to go door to door to take our guns by force. This is nothing new to me but apparently new to many.

Same here. It's awesome to use someone elses money for the month. Cleaning out the unused stuff is probably more like it.

I've been doing some upgrading.

Sold 16 ga SXS bought nice 12 ga

Sold a bunch of bullet moulds. Bought nice custom jobs in the shapes and sizes I really wanted.

Sold stuff gathering dust in the same and bought stuff to spark a fresh grin.

About the norm for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Buy stuff, sell stuff...

It's a pretty predictable ebb and flow for me.

Every year, I buy a HD shotgun, and then realize they're not particularly versatile, or (for me) super fun to shoot.

I also have a problem buying tiny carry pistols that:

1-I'll never actually carry

2-aren't that much fun to shoot. (For me)

So my new rule is, no more shottys, no more carry guns, which means next year, look for me to sell a pocket piece, and a HD shotgun...again