maintenanceguy

Where have the men gone?

She happens to be a very talented singer/songwriter who did a fantastic job touring with Peter Gabriel years ago on his Secret World tour.

Precisely the touchy / feely crap the OP was talking about... Gabriel and Cole would be among the first ones we eat after the SHTF and the wildlife has been consumed.

While I agree that doing things for yourself has gone by the way side for many in this country.. I think the change has been more mental.

Men years ago had honor.

They would stop and help a woman who broke down on the side of the road.

They'd help their neighbor when a tree fell on their lot.

They'd hold a door for a woman or give up their seat for an elderly person.

Now I feel like most "men" simply don't give a crap or couldn't be bothered to open their eyes.

Men took care of their own. They didn't wait around for the government to do it.

While I agree that doing things for yourself has gone by the way side for many in this country.. I think the change has been more mental.

Men years ago had honor.

They would stop and help a woman who broke down on the side of the road.

They'd help their neighbor when a tree fell on their lot.

They'd hold a door for a woman or give up their seat for an elderly person.

Now I feel like most "men" simply don't give a crap or couldn't be bothered to open their eyes.

Men took care of their own. They didn't wait around for the government to do it.

+1000

Everyone I associate with hunts, shoots, fixes cars, knows how to weld, has cut their own fire wood, has poured concrete, knows how to pilot a boat, can start a brush fire on a drizzly morning, has eaten something they killed themselves, and thinks nothing of grabbing a rifle, shotgun, or handgun to dispatch some wild animal that's hanging around too close to the house.  

By the end of this week I would have done all of these things except the boat. Does this qualify me? My wife and I always say we were born in the wrong area. I have many friends yet Im the ONLY one who works/builds his own cars, trucks, atvs etc and only 2 of my friends have ever fired a gun outside of hunting. 

She may very well be but that song makes me want to drill out my temples.

Can't stand the song myself.........

Hey Vlad, I have five cars and two race cars, I change the oil on each of them myself. Well, my son is finally taking an interest and is now helping. Taught my daughter how to change the oil on her S15, but I still do that for her. She can cook me food, I will change the oil.  :)

There is just about nothing I can't do on any of my cars and trailers. Certain welding though I leave to those that do it for a living. If something breaks at 140+ it won't be pretty.