siderman

Freedom Munitions squibs

Got to use this brand for the first time today, was reman 9mm 115. Had 2-100 rd boxes and no probs till the second box, 2 squibs thru about 80 rds, stopped shooting it after the 2nd was end of the day anyway. Havent had a mis-fire in yrs now 2 together. Fortunatly just primer pops so the bullet didnt engage the rifling much and came out fairly easy but lots of messy un-spent powder. Anyone else get this with this FM ammo? Will update tmro the lot # just fyi.

Lot# 5001600403 reman, not new

No issues for me.  I purchased 1k and every one so far has gone bang.  I did notice that some of the primers were seated deeper but they still went bang.  I've mainly used in a PPQ.  My buddy used it in his Beretta 92 without any issues either.

I've easily fired several hundred thousand rounds in over 45 years of shooting. I've aso conducted training where millions of rounds were consumed. I've had and seen my share of defective rounds including FTF but only one squib. That was with a factory load and it just engaged the rifling. AFAIC 2 squibs in 80 rds from the same manufacturer is condemining .

I would never buy this ammo again.

I've easily fired several hundred thousand rounds in over 45 years of shooting. I've aso conducted training where millions of rounds were consumed. I've had and seen my share of defective rounds including FTF but only one squib. That was with a factory load and it just engaged the rifling. AFAIC 2 squibs in 80 rds from the same manufacturer is condemining .

I would never buy this ammo again.

80 rds thru 2nd box so 180 rds...just as bad

80 rds thru 2nd box so 180 rds...just as bad

True. I've shot more than my fair share of commercial reloads. I've found some of it good, some of it bearable, and some of it bad. I've seen lead bullet reloads that would turn your barrel into a smooth bore after a box or two. I can tolerate dirty ammo if the price is right as many commercial reloaders use the cheapest bulk powder they can get. Nothing wrong with that as long as the pressures are safe. A lot of this applies to factory ammo also. Two squibs in the same box are only understandable if you stored the ammo in a jar of WD40.

Different grades of quality would seem to indicate different grades of quality control. I understand that but that's not excusable when it comes to a safety issue.

I just bought 250 rds of Freedom .45 .. Havent fired any yet but did an exhaustive web search on reviews before I bought. Seems there were considerably more positive reviews.... Guess ill give a visual inspection to the catridges before I fire and sliw down the pace .. I'll report back on how they run

I've used a lot of their ammo in both new and remanufactured form and it has all gone bang with no issues.  Have used 9mm, .40cal, .45cal, .38 spl, and .357mag.  I actually find it cleaners than many other brands.  The only one issue I ever had was one round of .40cal had the bullet depressed slightly.  I contacted them just to let their QC folks know.  They asked me for the code from the inside of that box and then sent me a box of 50 at no cost to make up for that one round.