Lalo

Differences between kids of the 60's, 70's & 80's (video)

Pretty cool and very true. I'm a late 70's child so I didnt see too much of this, but I do remember some of it. When I was a kid you couldn't find me in the house during the day. Parents has to have my brother or sister come out and look for me. If I tried out for a team and didn't make it, I sucked it up and left. Nowadays parents will get involved and even if you do suck at the sport, you get to play and receive a trophy at the end of the season.

Wow, things have changed.

rebuttal...

"this generation has produced some of the risk takers, problem solvers, and inventors"

it also produced the parents and legislators that have imposed these draconiann rules, lawsuits and regulations

"the idea of parents bailing us out if we got in trouble in school, or broke a law was unheard of, they actually sided with the school or the law, imagine that"

how can any responsible parent in good conscience side with the school for this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lego-gun-panic-school-bus-article-1.1357236

or this

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/31/kindergartener-interrogated-over-cap-gun-until-he-pees-his-pants-then-suspended-10-days/

for the most part it's good,  but the Bloombergs and Feinsteins of the world came out of that generation and are facilitating the changes we've seen.

rebuttal...

"this generation has produced some of the risk takers, problem solvers, and inventors"

it also produced the parents and legislators that have imposed these draconiann rules, lawsuits and regulations

for the most part it's good,  but the Bloombergs and Feinsteins of the world came out of that generation and are facilitating the changes we've seen.

Um, Bloomberg was born in the 40s. and Feinstein was born in the 30s.  They have nothing to do with my generation.

Um, Bloomberg was born in the 40s. and Feinstein was born in the 30s.  They have nothing to do with my generation.

sigh, ok you're right, they're 40's and 30's, but without going through the exhaustive effort, I'm willing to bet the administrators of the schools mentally abusing kids for toy guns are from the 70's and possibly 80s...

Proud to say I was a kid from the 80's and early 90's and did all of that fun stuff. I was just talking with someone today about how we use to go hang out in the woods and shovel dirt to make ramps so we could jump our bikes and find scrap wood and random nails to make forts. God life was good then.

I think I'm the last generation that remembers life without computers and Internet. I was always outside as a kid. We found good sticks and made up games to play. If I wanted to play Nintendo I had to ask permission and unless it was raining the answer was no. The sad part is I'm only 24...

I think I'm the last generation that remembers life without computers and Internet. I was always outside as a kid. We found good sticks and made up games to play. If I wanted to play Nintendo I had to ask permission and unless it was raining the answer was no. The sad part is I'm only 24...

I fall into the category, I'm 28... We didnt have a computer until I hit high school,  and even as they became more popular they were still very basic. We spent a ton of time outside

Don't agree with the lead paint though. Glad we got rid of that. Our homes also had asbestos. Glad we got rid of that too. 

Very true and I won't make light of what lead can do to you, but you have to remember the grass we rolled around in everything we touched was covered in lead from the gas we used to use, heck it took me all the way till 1985 till I changed my last Harley I owned to run on unleaded gas after the last gas station in my area in SoCal that had it stopped selling it. Some changes that have happened were and are for the better, but a lot of stuff would be better if left alone.